Switch to Forum Live View Challenge to ID'ers
5 years ago  ::  Jan 27, 2010 - 12:30PM #31
Kwinters

Jan 26, 2010 -- 2:29PM, Christianlib wrote:

"Rule #1:  Obey all rules.

Rule #2: In all other cases, see rule #1."

--Barney Fife

(I couldn't help myself.)

Rule 3: It's wrong to  be racist, but ok to be sexist.  If we consider women as members of the female 'race' can we get better ROC protection?

Jesus had two dads, and he turned out alright.~ Andy Gussert

“Feminism has fought no wars. It has killed no opponents. It has set up no concentration camps, starved no enemies, practiced no cruelties. Its battles have been for education, for the vote, for better working conditions…for safety on the streets…for child care, for social welfare…for rape crisis centers, women’s refuges, reforms in the law.

If someone says, “Oh, I’m not a feminist,” I ask, “Why, what’s your problem?”

Dale Spender
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 27, 2010 - 12:58PM #32
Christianlib

Jan 27, 2010 -- 12:30PM, Kwinters wrote:

--Barney Fife

Rule 3: It's wrong to  be racist, but ok to be sexist.  If we consider women as members of the female 'race' can we get better ROC protection?

I would agree, KW.  And I hope none of my posts have sounded sexist OR racist to you.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 27, 2010 - 2:36PM #33
2bme

--Barney Fife

I am just saying what women do.  That cannot be against the RoC anymore then saying what Christians do.  If you want protection for women, you would also have to have protection for Christians and that would take the fun out of it for you.

You get fun out of saying what you believe Christians do and I get fun out of saying what women do.  Enjoy your fun and don't trample on mine..

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 27, 2010 - 4:09PM #34
thefish

Jan 27, 2010 -- 2:36PM, 2bme wrote:

--Barney Fife

I am just saying what women do.  That cannot be against the RoC anymore then saying what Christians do.  If you want protection for women, you would also have to have protection for Christians and that would take the fun out of it for you.

You get fun out of saying what you believe Christians do and I get fun out of saying what women do.  Enjoy your fun and don't trample on mine..

And, what exactly, do women do?

Peace

<'{{><

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 27, 2010 - 4:15PM #35
Ridcully

Jan 27, 2010 -- 4:09PM, thefish wrote:

--Barney Fife

Peace

<'{{><

"Women is the nigger of the world."  J. Lennon

"Things just happen, what the hell."  Didactylos
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 27, 2010 - 7:04PM #36
Cryano

"You get fun out of saying what you believe Christians do and I get fun out of saying what women do.  Enjoy your fun and don't trample on mine."

And what have women (a woman) done to you to deserve your hostility?

Religion is the longest running most successful con game in history. It works because the victims never realize they have been taken. They die first.

Although certain modern catholics are beginning to see the light.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 28, 2010 - 11:55AM #37
Curious_Soul

Jan 24, 2010 -- 5:32PM, 2bme wrote:

This is small stuff.  Get to the big issue:

" Man is an exception, whatever else he is. If he is not the image of God, then he is a disease of the dust. If it is not true that a divine being fell, then we can only say that one of the animals went entirely off its head." Chesterton 

Obviously Man does not appear as a beneficial design.  This could be because:

1. There is no intelligent design.

2. God is a woman so some emotional distress interfered with the attempted intelligent design.

3. There is method to this maddness that is being overlooked.

So before considering sickle-cell anemia, consider yourself. Are you just an absurdity or could there be intelligent design that is overlooked?

4. God is deeply messed up

If man is made in God's image, then God is deepIy messed up. ...Syriana _film quote

5. God loves crazy people.

Mousa: [as Rambo prepares to play Afghan game 'buzkashi'] God must love crazy people.
Rambo: [getting on horse] Why?
Mousa: He make so many of them!
[laughs]

__Rambo 111

6. God uses destruction as a form of creation.

And strangely enough im gonna go with a movie quote for this one :)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=krcNIWPkNzA

Zorg: Where are the stones?
Priest Vito Cornelius: I don't know. And even if I did know, I wouldn't tell someone like you.
Zorg: Why? What's wrong with me?
Priest Vito Cornelius: I try to serve life. And you seem to want to destroy it.
Zorg: Oh, Father. You're so wrong. Let me explain.
[Puts and empty water glass on his desk]
Zorg: Life, which you so nobly serve, comes from destruction, disorder and chaos. Now take this empty glass. Here it is: peaceful, serene, boring. But if it is destroyed
[Pushes the glass off the table. It shatter on the floor, and several small machines come out to clean it up]
Zorg: Look at all these little things! So busy now! Notice how each one is useful. A lovely ballet ensues, so full of form and color. Now, think about all those people that created them. Technicians, engineers, hundreds of people, who will be able to feed their children tonight, so those children can grow up big and strong and have little teeny children of their own, and so on and so forth. Thus, adding to the great chain of life. You see, father, by causing a little destruction, I am in fact encouraging life. In reality, you and I are in the same business.

The fifth element__Quote

Just Curious!

Mohinder: [Voiceover] Where does it come from? This quest? This need to solve lifes mysteries when the simpliest of questions can never be answered. Why are we here? What is the soul? Why do we dream? Perhaps we would be better off not looking at all. Not delving. Not yearning. But that's not human nature. Not the human heart. That is not why we are here. Yet still we struggle to make a difference. To change the world. To dream of hope. Never knowing for certain who we'll meet along the way. Who, among the world of strangers, will hold our hand. Touch our hearts. And share the pain of trying. __Heroes

Tyler Durden: Reject the basic assumptions of civilization, especially the importance of material possessions__Fight Club
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 02, 2010 - 6:31AM #38
Kwinters

Bump for you!  Stop avoiding thinking!

“Feminism has fought no wars. It has killed no opponents. It has set up no concentration camps, starved no enemies, practiced no cruelties. Its battles have been for education, for the vote, for better working conditions…for safety on the streets…for child care, for social welfare…for rape crisis centers, women’s refuges, reforms in the law.

Dale Spender
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 02, 2010 - 6:32AM #39
Kwinters

--Barney Fife

Peace

<'{{><

The bigotted ignoramus seems to have left the building.

Yeah!

Dale Spender
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 02, 2010 - 11:55PM #40
2bme

Feb 2, 2010 -- 6:32AM, Kwinters wrote:

--Barney Fife

Peace

<'{{><

The bigotted ignoramus seems to have left the building.

Yeah!

Bigotted ignoramus??  What did I tell ya; just like a woman. 

Women lie, cheat, steal, nag, become jealous, moody, and a host of other traits.  If it wasn't for compensating with other delightful tendencies, Adam would have to tell God to take back the helper and give me back my rib.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 45  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 45 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook