Page 5 of 45  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 45 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Challenge to ID'ers
4 years ago  ::  Feb 03, 2010 - 8:30AM #41
Ken

Feb 2, 2010 -- 11:55PM, 2bme wrote:

Women lie, cheat, steal, nag, become jealous, moody, and a host of other traits. 

So do men. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 03, 2010 - 9:21AM #42
Christianlib

Ah, misogyny raised to the level of theology and pronounced good. 

Now THERE'S an enlightened view for you.  (note sarcasm, kthxbai)

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 03, 2010 - 9:53AM #43
udcstb

What pops into my mind are the words - inappropriate jokester or intellectual fraud.  Certianly nothing approaching intellectual science at all.

"As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand."
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 03, 2010 - 12:02PM #44
MMarcoe

Feb 2, 2010 -- 11:55PM, 2bme wrote:

Bigotted ignoramus??  What did I tell ya; just like a woman. 

Women lie, cheat, steal, nag, become jealous, moody, and a host of other traits.  If it wasn't for compensating with other delightful tendencies, Adam would have to tell God to take back the helper and give me back my rib.

At the risk of getting myself admonished by the admin guy, I have to say you're a real a**hole. Maybe you should find a nice woman with the "delightful tendencies" and proceed to address your deep, inner hurt.

There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.

God is just a personification of reality, of pure objectivity.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2010 - 12:31PM #45
2bme

I've been posting politically incorrect stereotyping.  To express what women do is only possible for an a-hole but complaining about what Christians do is the rage of the day for the sophisticated.  Here for example is a thread from the Christianity discussion board:

The truth is that we know less of what Christianity is then what a woman is so stereotyping either is absurd.  All that can be meaningfully discussed is why a woman or a Christian is doing this or that.  Some women are hateful as well as some calling themselves Christian for some reason.  Asking why women are hateful attracts scorn while asking why Christians are hateful attracts sympathy.  ID is now politically incorrect so the sophisticated seek to get their rocks off stereotyping and acting superior as though they understand something.

The point is that it is easy to express politically correct stereotyping when it is believed that it is the sophisticated that define and further it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2010 - 12:43PM #46
Ken

Feb 4, 2010 -- 12:31PM, 2bme wrote:

I've been posting politically incorrect stereotyping. 

No kidding.  

To express what women do is only possible for an a-hole but complaining about what Christians do is the rage of the day for the sophisticated.  Here for example is a thread from the Christianity discussion board:

You can find all sorts of threads on these boards. Big deal.

ID is now politically incorrect so the sophisticated seek to get their rocks off stereotyping and acting superior as though they understand something.

The problem with Intelligent Design isn't that it's politically incorrect. The problem is that it's wrong.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2010 - 3:58PM #47
amcolph

Feb 4, 2010 -- 12:31PM, 2bme wrote:

I've been posting politically incorrect stereotyping.  To express what women do is only possible for an a-hole but complaining about what Christians do is the rage of the day for the sophisticated.  Here for example is a thread from the Christianity discussion board:

The truth is that we know less of what Christianity is then what a woman is so stereotyping either is absurd.  All that can be meaningfully discussed is why a woman or a Christian is doing this or that.  Some women are hateful as well as some calling themselves Christian for some reason.  Asking why women are hateful attracts scorn while asking why Christians are hateful attracts sympathy.  ID is now politically incorrect so the sophisticated seek to get their rocks off stereotyping and acting superior as though they understand something.

The point is that it is easy to express politically correct stereotyping when it is believed that it is the sophisticated that define and further it.

Indeed.  the current topic of converstaion on that thread involves  a false and self-serving statement about Judaism posted there by a Christian.

This post contains no advertisements or solicitations.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2010 - 5:45PM #48
Blü

2bme

ID is now politically incorrect so the sophisticated seek to get their rocks off stereotyping and acting superior as though they understand something.

ID isn't politically incorrect.

It's just fatheaded.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2010 - 6:42PM #49
McAtheist

2beme: Asking why women are hateful attracts scorn while asking why Christians are hateful attracts sympathy.  ID is now politically incorrect so the sophisticated seek to get their rocks off stereotyping and acting superior as though they understand something.

Really?  Don't all Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus and pagans basically believe in a form of Intelligent Design?  That would mean that the VAST majority of people in the US believe in ID amd that it is a very standard, politically correct religious position to hold.

What I think you are actually whining about is that ID is not accepted as a valid SCIENTIFIC position to hold.  The reason for that is that ID proponents have failed to successfully move this religious idea into the scientific arena; even Michael Behe admitted that currently, the only definition of science into which ID fits would also accept astrology as science. 

So, the problem isn't with the "sophisticated" deciding that ID is politically incorrect --- the problem is that the ID proponents haven't done their homework yet.

(And by the way, if you ask why women are hateful in a roomful of men, I bet you get a pretty synpathetic response, just like you would get a sympathetic response to ID in a church group.)

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2010 - 8:23PM #50
MMarcoe

Feb 4, 2010 -- 6:42PM, McAtheist wrote:

2beme: Asking why women are hateful attracts scorn while asking why Christians are hateful attracts sympathy.  ID is now politically incorrect so the sophisticated seek to get their rocks off stereotyping and acting superior as though they understand something.

Really?  Don't all Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus and pagans basically believe in a form of Intelligent Design?  That would mean that the VAST majority of people in the US believe in ID amd that it is a very standard, politically correct religious position to hold.

Corrections are in order, I think. The ID that these folks believe in is not necessarily or usually the same as the ID that's currently snaking its way around the US and its court system.

What I think you are actually whining about is that ID is not accepted as a valid SCIENTIFIC position to hold.  The reason for that is that ID proponents have failed to successfully move this religious idea into the scientific arena; even Michael Behe admitted that currently, the only definition of science into which ID fits would also accept astrology as science. 

Behe's ID is not the same ID as that of many religious believers. If the scientific objections to this version of ID were thoroughly explained to believers and they rejected it, they would still believe in ID per se, but not Behe's.

So, the problem isn't with the "sophisticated" deciding that ID is politically incorrect --- the problem is that the ID proponents haven't done their homework yet.

(And by the way, if you ask why women are hateful in a roomful of men, I bet you get a pretty synpathetic response, just like you would get a sympathetic response to ID in a church group.)

There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.

God is just a personification of reality, of pure objectivity.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 45  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 45 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook