Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 13 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next
Switch to Forum Live View The Poison of Skepticism"
8 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2010 - 7:58PM #121
F1fan

Jan 20, 2010 -- 12:32PM, teilhard wrote:

Jan 20, 2010 -- 11:12AM, F1fan wrote:

Jan 20, 2010 -- 10:58AM, teilhard wrote:

My "personal beliefs"

are shared by -- and so, evinced by and observable in --

Religious Faith Communities and Traditions across Cultures and throughout History ...

Take a LOOK ... OPEN your Heart, Mind, and Soul ...

UFO believers share their beliefs, Trekkies share their beliefs and passions, yet none of that means what is believed is real objectively.  You have yet to show how your beliefs are true in reality and not just projections of your mind.  Certainly believers already believe their beliefs are true, and so don't rely on evidence and observation.  But when you try to convince others who don't believe, then you need to go farther than faith.  Being open doesn't make up for a lack of evidence or reason.  Being open doesn't displace thinking and consideration for any concept.

My mind is open, but that means it is open to evidence, the process of reason, and sound arguments, but not gullibility and mere belief.

I'm not talking about UFOs ...

Right, your'e talking about something else that can't be shown to be true in reality, yet people claim to experience.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2010 - 12:19PM #122
teilhard

Right, your'e talking about something else that can't be shown to be true in reality, yet people claim to experience.

Not a FEW of us EXPERIENCE The Reality of The Mystery

er call "God" ...

Moderated by Jcarlinbn on Jan 23, 2010 - 04:33PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2010 - 9:15PM #123
Blü

2bme

The most fun for an intellectual play pen comes from superficial complaints and ridicule.  It is natural if the problem isn't felt. Be superficial.

Self-pity yet!  Why don't you make reasoned cases instead?

we are in a life and death situation which we don't want to confront so it is easier and more fun to go negative.

And now the Cassandra pose!  And you accuse us of being negative!

My interest is in quality rather than quantity.

You've certainly kept that a secret till now.  If you're interested in quality, why have you offered none?  No evidence, no reasoned cases, no responsive answers to questions, just lots of ad homs and posturing.

I'm still waiting for you to point to that unique body of physical laws you referred to via Nic to define your 'higher level'.  If you don't have them, just say so - it'd seem inappropriate for a higher-level being such as yourself to try to jerk people around, no?

a bitter complaining atheist.

Gosh, you really are whiny today.  Why don't you just say Anyone who doesn't agree with 2bme ?

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2010 - 8:51AM #124
teilhard

Jan 23, 2010 -- 9:15PM, Blü wrote:

2bme

The most fun for an intellectual play pen comes from superficial complaints and ridicule.  It is natural if the problem isn't felt. Be superficial.

Self-pity yet!  Why don't you make reasoned cases instead?

Brother Blu -- We People of Faith detect "Self-Pity" among The Materialist-Skeptic-Atheist Crowd who voice disapppointment at their LACK of Experience of The Reality of The Mystery we call "God" ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2010 - 9:03AM #125
Faustus5

Jan 24, 2010 -- 8:51AM, teilhard wrote:

Brother Blu -- We People of Faith detect "Self-Pity" among The Materialist-Skeptic-Atheist Crowd who voice disapppointment at their LACK of Experience of The Reality of The Mystery we call "God" ...

No, the self pity you "detect" is a self serving, arrogant hallucination, just like your non-experience of the b.s. you call "god".

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2010 - 9:59AM #126
F1fan

Jan 23, 2010 -- 12:19PM, teilhard wrote:

er call "God" ...

So you're claiming that the mystery is a reality.  I suppose anyone can make even the most mundane things mysterious if they have the imagination and motive to create an illusion, or get lost in all sorts of dumb, distracting, and unanswerable questions.  And you could call it Ishmael, it doesn't matter.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2010 - 12:41PM #127
teilhard

Jan 24, 2010 -- 9:03AM, Faustus5 wrote:

Jan 24, 2010 -- 8:51AM, teilhard wrote:

No, the self pity you "detect" is a self serving, arrogant hallucination, just like your non-experience of the b.s. you call "god".

LOL ... So, then ... Go In Peace(+) ... !!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2010 - 12:42PM #128
teilhard

Jan 24, 2010 -- 9:59AM, F1fan wrote:

er call "God" ...

So you're claiming that the mystery is a reality.  I suppose anyone can make even the most mundane things mysterious if they have the imagination and motive to create an illusion, or get lost in all sorts of dumb, distracting, and unanswerable questions.  And you could call it Ishmael, it doesn't matter.

I think you're on The Verge of An Idea for a Reality-TV Show ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2010 - 1:12PM #129
exploringinside

Jan 24, 2010 -- 12:42PM, teilhard wrote:

er call "God" ...

This is a reality TV Show and we can "see" you

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jan 25, 2010 - 1:02AM #130
F1fan

Jan 24, 2010 -- 12:42PM, teilhard wrote:

er call "God" ...

There's already TV coverage of church services.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 13 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook