Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 11 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next
Switch to Forum Live View The Poison of Skepticism"
8 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2010 - 7:26PM #101
Wendyness

Jan 20, 2010 -- 7:22PM, exploringinside wrote:

Jan 20, 2010 -- 6:27PM, Jcarlinbn wrote:

Jan 20, 2010 -- 5:37PM, Blü wrote:

I've waded through a third of a Ken Wilber book (A Brief History of Everything).  He waffles on energetically about levels of consciousness just as you do.  Not a shred of evidence supports him, just as none supports you. 

I think I waded through most of it as it was given to me by a friend who wanted to discuss it.  You won't find any evidence in the rest of it.  

Apparently, if you'd like to see 2BME's "Religion/Philosophy all in one place and not just piecemealed out, one obscure quote at a time, the "New Age Movement: Integral Life" is home-based here

integrallife.com/home

How much will you be donating to become an enlightened human?

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2010 - 7:37PM #102
exploringinside

Jan 20, 2010 -- 7:26PM, Wendyness wrote:

I've waded through a third of a Ken Wilber book (A Brief History of Everything).  He waffles on energetically about levels of consciousness just as you do.  Not a shred of evidence supports him, just as none supports you. 

I think I waded through most of it as it was given to me by a friend who wanted to discuss it.  You won't find any evidence in the rest of it.  

Apparently, if you'd like to see 2BME's "Religion/Philosophy all in one place and not just piecemealed out, one obscure quote at a time, the "New Age Movement: Integral Life" is home-based here

integrallife.com/home

I think the special going on now is $14.95/month to be a member of Integral Life......that's 100% access to the subjects 2BME has been dumping into this Forum for the last month or so.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2010 - 7:56PM #103
exploringinside

integrallife.com/home

You should not think of it as a "fee" or a "donation;" think of it as an "Investment in the Future of our Planet" [as a bonus, you get all of 2BME's "Cut and Pastes" and subject propositions, as well as supporting arguments and counterarguments....you can become a 2BME clone for "cheap."]

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2010 - 7:56PM #104
Wendyness

Jan 20, 2010 -- 7:37PM, exploringinside wrote:

integrallife.com/home

I think the special going on now is $14.95/month to be a member of Integral Life......that's 100% access to the subjects 2BME has been dumping into this Forum for the last month or so.

Google is cheaper.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2010 - 8:29PM #105
Blü

exploring

$14.95/month

The lore and the profits, hein?

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2010 - 8:57PM #106
2bme

integrallife.com/home

No.  As I said I appreciate Ken Wilber making ideas like holons more popular.  Once a person open to this vertical direction is exposed to it, it opens up whole new worlds.  My influences are older and IMO more complete.  But reading Wilber is an intellectual challenge.  However for those that need the "heart" of these ideas as well, you won't find it there.

www.integralscience.org/wilber.html

I agree more with Thomas McFarlane's critique from an intellectual perspective. However any ideas that tend to open the human mind I'm in favor of.  So I'm not knocking it at all.  I've experienced that for ideas to live they must be felt.  The feelings associated with a more conscious perspective lead to a welcomed humility.

The Bible uses the word "stone" to represent knoweledge only taken in by the rational mind.  Water is knowledge that can be digested, felt.  I always welcome expressions of the vertical direction that offer the water that  feeds both the mind and the heart.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2010 - 11:28PM #107
exploringinside

Jan 20, 2010 -- 8:57PM, 2bme wrote:

integrallife.com/home

No.  As I said I appreciate Ken Wilber making ideas like holons more popular.  Once a person open to this vertical direction is exposed to it, it opens up whole new worlds.  My influences are older and IMO more complete.  But reading Wilber is an intellectual challenge.  However for those that need the "heart" of these ideas as well, you won't find it there.

I agree more with Thomas McFarlane's critique from an intellectual perspective. However any ideas that tend to open the human mind I'm in favor of.  So I'm not knocking it at all.  I've experienced that for ideas to live they must be felt.  The feelings associated with a more conscious perspective lead to a welcomed humility.

The Bible uses the word "stone" to represent knoweledge only taken in by the rational mind.  Water is knowledge that can be digested, felt.  I always welcome expressions of the vertical direction that offer the water that  feeds both the mind and the heart.

2BME.....tell me why I foiund every one of your OP's and your arguments and counterarguments, word-for-word, here:

integrallife.com/archive

You appear to be a "Cut-and-Paste" pseudointelluctual....persuade me that I am wrong without cutting and pasting "anyone else's quotes."

EI

Integral Life

Integral Life is the Integral Institute’s management organization. Integral Life offers the most effective process in the world for self-growth and awareness. Considered by some people as the leading edge of evolution and humanity's next step, its mission is to awaken humanity to the greatest potential of living freely and fully: deep meaning, authentic relationships, spiritual enlightenment and loving awareness. Integral Life offers upwards of a million people throughout the world its media products, online articles and spiritual practices, social networking community, events, and accredited advanced degree programs. [ILC]

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2010 - 11:46PM #108
2bme

Jan 20, 2010 -- 11:28PM, exploringinside wrote:

Jan 20, 2010 -- 8:57PM, 2bme wrote:

integrallife.com/home

2BME.....tell me why I foiund every one of your OP's and your arguments and counterarguments, word-for-word, here:

integrallife.com/archive

You appear to be a "Cut-and-Paste" pseudointelluctual....persuade me that I am wrong without cutting and pasting "anyone else's quotes."

EI

As I said, my sources are older than Ken Wilber.  It wouldn't surprise that there are some similar ideas but do you read mention of simone Weil, Jacob Needleman, and Plato?  They all relate to ideas I associate with a form of esoteric Christianity that I know fairly well and feel a part of.

A lot of people are learning ideas from Ken Wilber that I discovered years ago like this vertical direction he describes through connected holons.

The point is that it is the psychology of this vertical direction or quality of the moment within which human meaning and purpose can be revealed

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2010 - 12:24AM #109
exploringinside

Jan 20, 2010 -- 11:46PM, 2bme wrote:

As I said, my sources are older than Ken Wilber.  It wouldn't surprise that there are some similar ideas but do you read mention of simone Weil, Jacob Needleman, and Plato?  They all relate to ideas I associate with a form of esoteric Christianity that I know fairly well and feel a part of.

A lot of people are learning ideas from Ken Wilber that I discovered years ago like this vertical direction he describes through connected holons.

The point is that it is the psychology of this vertical direction or quality of the moment within which human meaning and purpose can be revealed

The ideologies, propositions and claims coming from Integral Life and you are identical; you like to copy quotes from Needleman, Weil and Plato; Wilber and his cadre of "partners" enjoy their own words which just happen to parrot Needlman, Weil and Plato. You and Integral Life can argue between you, who's first.

ILC has a large list of researchers and contributors in and to their institute, a claimed following of 1,000,000 members and readers, worldwide, 2 Colleges and about 1/2 billion in grants from the Moonies. What have you got????

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2010 - 12:41AM #110
2bme

Jan 21, 2010 -- 12:24AM, exploringinside wrote:

Jan 20, 2010 -- 11:46PM, 2bme wrote:

The ideologies, propositions and claims coming from Integral Life and you are identical; you like to copy quotes from Needleman, Weil and Plato; Wilber and his cadre of "partners" enjoy their own words which just happen to parrot Needlman, Weil and Plato. You and Integral Life can argue between you, who's first.

ILC has a large list of researchers and contributors in and to their institute, a claimed following of 1,000,000 members and readers, worldwide, 2 Colleges and about 1/2 billion in grants from the Moonies. What have you got????

Those aware of what Plato, Simone,  Professor Needleman, Basarab Nicolescu, and a minority of others are communicating.

I'm not knocking Ken Wilber.  I just prefer the balance between the mind and the heart my sources offer.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 11 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook