Page 1 of 7  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Switch to Forum Live View QUESTIONS FOR WHICH PHYSICISTS HAVE NO ANSWERS - AYAD GHARBAWI - DAMASCUS, SYRIA
5 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2010 - 2:01PM #1
Ayad

QUESTIONS FOR WHICH PHYSICISTS HAVE NO ANSWERS

AYAD GHARBAWI

January 5, 2010 - Damascus

For those gentle souls who do not believe in Intelligent Design (ID), allow me to ask the following:

1. Within the atom, we know there exists the neutron, electron, proton (and their sub-particles). Fine, my question is this: what constitutes the space between these 3 particles?

2. Physicisists call it a 'void'. Nice word. But what exactly makes up the void or the emptiness between atoms?

3. What is the final constituent of matter? Physicists tell us of leptons, quarks, muons, bosons, strings and son on. Fine. But what makes up these sub-atomic entities?

4. What exactly are the constituents of Gravity and Electricity and Magnetism and Nuclear forces?

5. Finally, what is it that 'tells' or 'informs' atoms and molecules to do do what they do - that is, obey the laws of physics, chemistry etc?

Ayad Gharbawi

Jan. 5, 2010 - Damascus, SYRIA

Ayad Gharbawi
Damascus, Syria
Web: www.ayad-mind.com.
Email: izzet97@gmail.com.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2010 - 2:06PM #2
Ken

Jan 5, 2010 -- 2:01PM, Ayad wrote:

How does a list of unanswered questions constitute proof of Intelligent Design? 

You will get your answers as soon as the physicists get them and not one moment sooner. And you can bet your bottom dollar they won't involve an Intelligent Designer.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2010 - 2:19PM #3
Skeptic889

I dont see the issue for not having answers for those questions.  What is the problem with us not knowing at the present time?  You seem too eager to just jump to the Goddidit conclusion.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2010 - 2:32PM #4
Ken

Jan 5, 2010 -- 2:19PM, Skeptic889 wrote:

I dont see the issue for not having answers for those questions.  What is the problem with us not knowing at the present time?  You seem too eager to just jump to the Goddidit conclusion.

It's the old God-of-the-gaps argument. You find a gap in our knowledge and try to slip God into it. Unfortunately, he never stays there. The gap is filled in, and God is forced out. It's reached the point where he has to take refuge in the space between subatomic particles. That's pathetic.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2010 - 3:25PM #5
MMarcoe

AYAD GHARBAWI

For those gentle souls who do not believe in Intelligent Design (ID), allow me to ask the following:

1. Within the atom, we know there exists the neutron, electron, proton (and their sub-particles). Fine, my question is this: what constitutes the space between these 3 particles?

2. Physicisists call it a 'void'. Nice word. But what exactly makes up the void or the emptiness between atoms?

3. What is the final constituent of matter? Physicists tell us of leptons, quarks, muons, bosons, strings and son on. Fine. But what makes up these sub-atomic entities?

4. What exactly are the constituents of Gravity and Electricity and Magnetism and Nuclear forces?

5. Finally, what is it that 'tells' or 'informs' atoms and molecules to do do what they do - that is, obey the laws of physics, chemistry etc?

Ayad Gharbawi

Dude, you're on the wrong board. Go to the Science and Religion board. Evolution doesn't address the issues you're bringing up here.

1. Extremists think that thinking means agreeing with them.
2. There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.
3. God is just a personification of reality, of pure objectivity.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2010 - 4:20PM #6
MMarcoe

AYAD GHARBAWI

Space?

Space?

Einstein said it was energy, though that leads to the question, what is energy made of?

Einstein was working on a grand unified theory that would show that all 4 of these were ultimately the same force. He didn't succeed, though. Whatever it is, it's going to be a natural phenomenon.

Good question. But here's the rub: Once you find the answer, how will you be able to prove that it's an intelligent agent that does this, as opposed to some other, natural force? You can't access the supernatural through the scientific method.

Do you have airtight, usable definitions of intelligence and intelligent agency? The ID'ers on this board don't, and they have no desire to provide any competent answers.

Ayad Gharbawi

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2010 - 4:42PM #7
Christianlib

Ayd,

Exactly how many hairs are there on God's head?  What color is God's hair?

If you have no specific answer, does that mean I have proved there is no God?

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2010 - 5:50PM #8
Blü

Ayad

3. What is the final constituent of matter? ... what makes up these sub-atomic entities?

If you want to argue that it's something supernatural, I'll look forward to your demonstration.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2010 - 5:55PM #9
teilhard

Jan 5, 2010 -- 5:50PM, Blü wrote:

Ayad

3. What is the final constituent of matter? ... what makes up these sub-atomic entities?

If you want to argue that it's something supernatural, I'll look forward to your demonstration.

LOL ...

Brother Blu's "Material-ist" Understanding of "Reality"

rather quickly fades to Vague-ness ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2010 - 6:08PM #10
MMarcoe

Jan 5, 2010 -- 5:55PM, teilhard wrote:

Jan 5, 2010 -- 5:50PM, Blü wrote:

Ayad

LOL ...

Brother Blu's "Material-ist" Understanding of "Reality"

rather quickly fades to Vague-ness ...

I think Blu's question is a fair one. We're always asking the creo side to provide some demonstration of their principles within a scientific context.

How can you demonstrate something supernatural?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 7  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook