Page 5 of 11  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Gnosticism's origin: Christian or Jewish, or ...?
5 years ago  ::  Mar 05, 2010 - 11:20AM #41
teilhard

Mar 4, 2010 -- 9:43PM, Wendyness wrote:

Mar 4, 2010 -- 5:44PM, caduceus wrote:

Mar 4, 2010 -- 11:52AM, Wendyness wrote:

I take dreams and visions very seriously.

"Indeed God speaks once, or twice, yet no one notices it.  In a dream a vision of the night, when sound sleep falls on men.  While they slumber in their beds, then He opens the ears of men".

Job 33: 14-16

I have heard the angels too. 

Thank you Wendyness.

For an encounter request a card reading from my wife at our website of leave a PM and I'll do you one personally.

Namaste

AL

Thank you too.  I am also an "intuitive" and have my own angel that whispers in my ear.

Such Facts drive The Skeptic-"Materialist" Folks NUTS ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 05, 2010 - 12:03PM #42
Jcarlinbn

Mar 5, 2010 -- 11:20AM, teilhard wrote:

Not really.  I don't think much about "Such Facts" they seem to me not to contribute anything to my life.  But I have no problem with others doing so.  I suspect "Such Facts" help them tap into their inner wisdom, which I have no issue with.  

Jcarlinbn, community moderator
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 05, 2010 - 12:17PM #43
teilhard

Mar 5, 2010 -- 12:03PM, Jcarlinbn wrote:

Not really.  I don't think much about "Such Facts" they seem to me not to contribute anything to my life.  But I have no problem with others doing so.  I suspect "Such Facts" help them tap into their inner wisdom, which I have no issue with.  

Yes ...

Folks fortunate enough -- but not TOO fortunate in that Way -- to have appropriately Diffuse Ego Boundaries are BLESSED indeed ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 05, 2010 - 12:23PM #44
Wendyness

I too lived many years never thinking about "Such Facts".  In fact, I personally thought that people that claimed to have experienced such "encounters" with "Such Facts" were missing a chip.  Now I'm one of those that I once believed were missing a chip.  LOL!  Can I prove such an encounter, absolutely not, and have no desire to do so as it is  a waste of energy and time.  I live my life differently because of such an "encounter", it was what one might call "humbling".

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 05, 2010 - 12:56PM #45
teilhard

Mar 5, 2010 -- 12:23PM, Wendyness wrote:

I too lived many years never thinking about "Such Facts".  In fact, I personally thought that people that claimed to have experienced such "encounters" with "Such Facts" were missing a chip.  Now I'm one of those that I once believed were missing a chip.  LOL!  Can I prove such an encounter, absolutely not, and have no desire to do so as it is  a waste of energy and time.  I live my life differently because of such an "encounter", it was what one might call "humbling".

It's called, "Oriented to Reality" -- as opposed to Living in "Illusion" ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 06, 2010 - 6:12AM #46
caduceus

Mar 5, 2010 -- 12:56PM, teilhard wrote:

Tuning-in to the universe - quite pleasant - and going with the flow.

Namaste

AL

“We live at the level of our language. Whatever we can articulate we can imagine or explore. All you have to do to educate a child is leave him alone and teach him to read. The rest is brainwashing.”
Ellen Gilcrist
Visit my website
www.n-atlantis.com
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 07, 2010 - 8:56AM #47
Miguel_de_servet

I'm back, after all this time.

I have no definitive answers, but I am more and more persuaded, after much research, much reading, that ...

Gnosticism is a Jewish heresy of the 1sts century CE, before being a Christian heresy

The main support for this thesis comes from a little known scholar of the end of the XIX century, Moritz Friedlander (or Moriz Friedländer) who wrote a book, Der vorchristliche jiidische Gnosticismus (1899, in English, "Pre-Christian Jewish Gnosticism", which, to my knowledge, does not have any English translation), which was extensively examined and quoted by Birger A. Pearson in his book Gnosticism, Judaism and Egyptian Christianity (1990/2006).

This, Friedlander Revisited: Alexandrian Judaism and Gnostic Origins (@ dhushara.com) is an ample extract, where Pearson examines the core of Friedlander's theory of the origin of Gnosticism, in the 1st century CE, as a heresy within Judaism, a mix of Iranian myths, of disappointed messianic expectations, of mystical reading of Genesis, of Egyptian metaphysical and esoteric speculation, and more.

I also think you may find interesting to have a link to the Ten Top Sites about Gnosticism (@ xmarks.com).

Enjoy.

Mario

Revelation is above, not against Reason

“The everlasting God is a refuge, and underneath you are his eternal arms ...” (Deut 33:27)
“Do you have an arm like God, and can you thunder with a voice like his?” (Job 40:9)
“By the Lord’s word [dabar] the heavens were made; and by the breath [ruwach] of his mouth all their host.” (Psalm 33:6)
“Who would have believed what we just heard? When was the arm of the Lord revealed through him?” (Isaiah 53:1)
“Lord, who has believed our message, and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?” (John 12:38)
“For not the hearers of the law are righteous before God, but the doers of the law will be declared righteous.” (Romans 2:13)

“Owe no one anything, except to love one another, for the one who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law.”(Romans 13:8)
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 07, 2010 - 11:50AM #48
Wendyness

Mar 7, 2010 -- 8:56AM, Miguel_de_servet wrote:

I'm back, after all this time.

I have no definitive answers, but I am more and more persuaded, after much research, much reading, that ...

Gnosticism is a Jewish heresy of the 1sts century CE, before being a Christian heresy

The main support for this thesis comes from a little known scholar of the end of the XIX century, Moritz Friedlander (or Moriz Friedländer) who wrote a book, Der vorchristliche jiidische Gnosticismus (1899, in English, "Pre-Christian Jewish Gnosticism", which, to my knowledge, does not have any English translation), which was extensively examined and quoted by Birger A. Pearson in his book Gnosticism, Judaism and Egyptian Christianity (1990/2006).

This, Friedlander Revisited: Alexandrian Judaism and Gnostic Origins (@ dhushara.com) is an ample extract, where Pearson examines the core of Friedlander's theory of the origin of Gnosticism, in the 1st century CE, as a heresy within Judaism, a mix of Iranian myths, of disappointed messianic expectations, of mystical reading of Genesis, of Egyptian metaphysical and esoteric speculation, and more.

I also think you may find interesting to have a link to the Ten Top Sites about Gnosticism (@ xmarks.com).

Enjoy.

Mario

The original texts of the Gnostics can be found in the Nag Hammadi library, which were discovered in 1945 in Nag Hammadi, Egypt, along with the Dead Sea Scrolls.  I suggest anyone that has any interest in the Gnostics read for themselves what the Gnostics had to say.  By the way, The Book of Enoch was also found among the texts in Nag Hammadi, which the Ethiopians never removed from their canon.  Why was this important text removed from the canon in Europe? After all Enoch was the great-grandfather of Noah and he is mentioned in the New Testament. Moses was raised in royalty and influenced by the "metaphysical" Egyptians, and only those of royalty were privy to the "secrets".  Enoch was the first to foretell the coming of the Messiah and yet The Book of Enoch was removed from the canon, this to me is heresy. This important book is the story of the fallen angels and their mating with human women and producing an offspring called the Nephilim (also mentioned in Genesis 6: "The sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose," and when "they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown").  In exchange for the angels having sex with women, the women asked for some of the so called "secrets" that angels knew.  Mostly The Book of Enoch is about judgement.  What didn't those who made the decision to eliminated this book want people to know?  There is power in knowledge and the church made the decision to hide this knowledge.

Furthermore, any church that claims that the clergy of their church has a "greater" access to God is full of crap.  If I need to ask for forgiveness of any sin, I need not have to confess to any man, I can go straight to God for that.  I believe that many "churches" encourage the ignorance of people in order to maintain control and take their money and anything that threatens this is considered "heresy".

So, when you speak of "heresy" lets not forget that Galileo was also considered a Heretic by the "church".

To give credibility to the Book of Revelation as Divine inspiration and leave out The Book of Enoch is heresy.  And lets not forget that many Jews considered Jesus to be a "heretic".  Being a "heretic" can prove to be enlightening.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 07, 2010 - 1:23PM #49
teilhard

Mar 6, 2010 -- 6:12AM, caduceus wrote:

Mar 5, 2010 -- 12:56PM, teilhard wrote:

Tuning-in to the universe - quite pleasant - and going with the flow.

Namaste

AL

" ... to live and move and have one's being ... " "In Tune with 'Reality," including "God," is simply flat-out The Way ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 07, 2010 - 6:48PM #50
caduceus

If my memory is correct, the books of the bible were based on those quoted in the Gospels by Jesus and I'm sure he mentions Enoch somewhere. Enoch is unique in being one of only two OT characters who do not experience death in the usual understanding of the word.
I did read the BOE a long time ago and I downloaded it not long ago in order to reread it, but not yet got around to it.

I have an article somewhere that tells of how the original Bible was rejected by the then powers that be and edited until it was acceptable. Maybe the original is still in the Vatican archives?
I've no idea why the book was omitted from the Bible.

The BOE can be downloaded free here:
www.awakening-intuition.com/ebooks.html

I did a search for 'Rudof Steiner Enoch' to see what he said about him and this came up. Although slightly off topic it may be interesting ?:

The French occultist, Eliphas Levi, the German philosopher Franz von Baader, and the Theosophist Louis Claude de St. Martin spoke of 1879 as the year in which Michael overcame the dragon. This is confirmed by the esoteric writer Rudolf Steiner in a lecture in Zurich on November 13, 1917, where he states: "in 1879, in November, a momentous event took place, a battle of the Powers of Darkness against the Powers of Light, ending in the image of Michael overcoming the Dragon"[34].
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_%28archang...

Namaste
AL

“We live at the level of our language. Whatever we can articulate we can imagine or explore. All you have to do to educate a child is leave him alone and teach him to read. The rest is brainwashing.”
Ellen Gilcrist
Visit my website
www.n-atlantis.com
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 11  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook