Post Reply
Page 75 of 75  •  Prev 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75
Switch to Forum Live View "Speaking of Faith"
4 years ago  ::  Mar 07, 2010 - 6:02PM #741
Cryano
Posts: 2,828

Mar 7, 2010 -- 5:20PM, Wendyness wrote:


Mar 7, 2010 -- 5:09PM, Cryano wrote:


Mar 7, 2010 -- 4:39PM, Wendyness wrote:


Mar 7, 2010 -- 4:27PM, Jcarlinbn wrote:


Mar 7, 2010 -- 1:27PM, teilhard wrote:

Mar 7, 2010 -- 11:36AM, Faustus5 wrote:

Not according to any accepted definition of "evidence" used by those of us who are both philosophically and scientifically literate.


(1)  Yeah ... Well, Religious Faith isn't ABOUT, doesn't ORIGINATE in, doesn't DEPEND upon, "Philosophy" or "The Natural Sciences"(2)  BTW, Fr. Teilhard IS "Philosophically AND Scientifically 'literate' ... " ... So ... 


Fundies Dogmatists come in all flavors.  It is amusing to watch them display it.  


 


I find watching the dogmatic atheists display their flavors amusing as well.



You got a god? Bring it around for a chat. I'm sure we settle this entire matter with a few questions.


Absent that you got nothing but your UPG as "evidence." Which ain't evidence of anything other than you claim to have it.




This forum is simply "The Mad Hatters Tea Party".  If only it included Johnny Depp it would be much more fun.




And that answer is indeed appropriate to the world of Alice in Wonderland -nonsensical and non-responsive.

Religion is the longest running most successful con game in history. It works because the victims never realize they have been taken. They die first.

Although certain modern catholics are beginning to see the light.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 07, 2010 - 6:46PM #742
Wendyness
Posts: 3,013

Mar 7, 2010 -- 6:02PM, Cryano wrote:


Mar 7, 2010 -- 5:20PM, Wendyness wrote:


Mar 7, 2010 -- 5:09PM, Cryano wrote:


Mar 7, 2010 -- 4:39PM, Wendyness wrote:


Mar 7, 2010 -- 4:27PM, Jcarlinbn wrote:


Mar 7, 2010 -- 1:27PM, teilhard wrote:

Mar 7, 2010 -- 11:36AM, Faustus5 wrote:

Not according to any accepted definition of "evidence" used by those of us who are both philosophically and scientifically literate.


(1)  Yeah ... Well, Religious Faith isn't ABOUT, doesn't ORIGINATE in, doesn't DEPEND upon, "Philosophy" or "The Natural Sciences"(2)  BTW, Fr. Teilhard IS "Philosophically AND Scientifically 'literate' ... " ... So ... 


Fundies Dogmatists come in all flavors.  It is amusing to watch them display it.  


 


I find watching the dogmatic atheists display their flavors amusing as well.



You got a god? Bring it around for a chat. I'm sure we settle this entire matter with a few questions.


Absent that you got nothing but your UPG as "evidence." Which ain't evidence of anything other than you claim to have it.




This forum is simply "The Mad Hatters Tea Party".  If only it included Johnny Depp it would be much more fun.




And that answer is indeed appropriate to the world of Alice in Wonderland -nonsensical and non-responsive.




The sense and the nonsense provide meaning.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2010 - 12:33PM #743
teilhard
Posts: 48,390

Mar 7, 2010 -- 4:27PM, Jcarlinbn wrote:


Mar 7, 2010 -- 1:27PM, teilhard wrote:

Mar 7, 2010 -- 11:36AM, Faustus5 wrote:

Not according to any accepted definition of "evidence" used by those of us who are both philosophically and scientifically literate.


(1)  Yeah ... Well, Religious Faith isn't ABOUT, doesn't ORIGINATE in, doesn't DEPEND upon, "Philosophy" or "The Natural Sciences"(2)  BTW, Fr. Teilhard IS "Philosophically AND Scientifically 'literate' ... " ... So ... 


Fundies Dogmatists come in all flavors.  It is amusing to watch them display it.  


 



These Questions are ineluctably DEEPLY Universally "Human," and they call forth both the BEST and the WORST we can muster -- in, with, under, and always from our Thoughts, Feelings, Personal Histories, Dreams and Ideologies ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 75 of 75  •  Prev 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook