Post Reply
Page 14 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14
5 years ago  ::  Nov 16, 2009 - 5:47PM #131
caduceus
Posts: 1,274

Nov 12, 2009 -- 8:00PM, Blü wrote:



What we are actually speaking about is conformity to a set of arbitrary rules that are convenient to those who call themselves sceptics and this is not science or logic.[/i]

Rubbish.  None of your examples supports that even for a second.
And as it was in the beginning it is now and apparently ever shall be - you have no reasoned alternative to offer.




Hi Blu
I meant to answer this before I went away but it wasn't to be.
An alternative seems to be important to you, but not to me.
If every scientist vanished in a puff of sceptical green smoke it would make little or no difference to the world in the short term and we may even see some improvements in the long term.
I admit that we would have no one to save the world, but there's always Superman, that other fine example of modern mythology.
Namaste
AL


 

“We live at the level of our language. Whatever we can articulate we can imagine or explore. All you have to do to educate a child is leave him alone and teach him to read. The rest is brainwashing.”
Ellen Gilcrist
Visit my website
www.n-atlantis.com
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 16, 2009 - 6:01PM #132
caduceus
Posts: 1,274

Nov 14, 2009 -- 9:10AM, amcolph wrote:



The point is, that the Vinland map, Velikovsky, ancient Egyptians or whatever notwithstanding,

for Caduceus the story is always the same: that science done him down.




There is insufficient evidence for the Vinland claim, but if you read anything other than the peer reviewed and sanitised for the faithful, you will find that they actually did "do them down".

Science is the new 'Opium of the People', a kind of institutional security blanket that gives the illusion of control in an uncontrollable and irrational world.
Namaste
AL


 

“We live at the level of our language. Whatever we can articulate we can imagine or explore. All you have to do to educate a child is leave him alone and teach him to read. The rest is brainwashing.”
Ellen Gilcrist
Visit my website
www.n-atlantis.com
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 17, 2009 - 12:55PM #133
teilhard
Posts: 50,812

Nov 13, 2009 -- 12:11PM, teilhard wrote:


Nov 12, 2009 -- 9:15PM, Blü wrote:


Boring man, boring subject.


And such a thread would just be a re-run of this one with Velikovsky subbed for Vinland.




 


I'm not aware


of ANY Connection between I. Velikovsky


and "Vinland"


OR "The Vinland Map" ...




 


I concede


that "Velikovsky" and "Vinland"


DO both begin


with "V" ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 18, 2009 - 6:31AM #134
Blü
Posts: 24,859

AL


An alternative seems to be important to you, but not to me.


My personal view is that truth's important and therefore one should try as best one can to make all one's serious statements about reality accord with reality.


You say that's not important to you; nonetheless I commend it to you heartily.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 18, 2009 - 12:18PM #135
teilhard
Posts: 50,812

Nov 18, 2009 -- 6:31AM, Blü wrote:


AL


My personal view is that truth's important and therefore one should try as best one can to make all one's serious statements about reality accord with reality.




I agree ...


 


"Experience"


( of ALL of "Reality" -- INCLUDING "God" )


COUNTS  ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 18, 2009 - 1:51PM #136
Vistronic
Posts: 1,830

Lets see the map...

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 18, 2009 - 2:04PM #137
teilhard
Posts: 50,812

Nov 18, 2009 -- 1:51PM, Vistronic wrote:


Lets see the map...




Hey ... !!!


 


I notice that "Vistronic"


ALSO begins


with "V" ...


 


hmmmmm ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 14 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook