Post Reply
Page 3 of 15  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Anselm's self-thinking delusion
5 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2009 - 9:53AM #21
Blü
Posts: 23,956

teilhard


Experience in this context has the same evidentiary status as dreams.


Come to think of it, you've never suggested otherwise.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2009 - 1:14PM #22
teilhard
Posts: 48,245

Sep 3, 2009 -- 9:53AM, Blü wrote:


teilhard


Experience in this context has the same evidentiary status as dreams.


Come to think of it, you've never suggested otherwise.




 


huh ...


 


Anyone who has Experienced LIFE ( and/or PsychoTherapy


-- as Patient OR as Therapist )


Understands that "Dreams" DO Count as "Evidence"


in Seeking Understanding


of "God," Life, The Universe and Everything ...


 


Brother Blu --


You would do well to get your "head"


OUT-of-The-Physical-Sciences-Lab


and INTO Real LIFE ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2009 - 8:50PM #23
Blü
Posts: 23,956

teilhard


An interesting reply.  For once you concede everything I said.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2009 - 10:11PM #24
Ephemerae_inc.
Posts: 1,589

Sep 2, 2009 -- 7:09PM, teilhard wrote:

Near-Universality of an E-X-P-E-R-I-E-N-C-E


IS "Evidence" ...


Could you please explain as to how this is so?

He that will not reason is a bigot, he that cannot reason is a fool, and he that dares not reason is a slave.

--- Sir W. Drummond

To be ignorant of one's ignorance is the malady of ignorance.

--- A. Bronson Alcott
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2009 - 9:46AM #25
Blü
Posts: 23,956

Ephemerae


He appears to have said in his most recent post - I say 'appears' because you can never tell with teilhard, concealment and lack of frankness being his MO - that dreams are evidence of reality.


The proposition that If you dream it, it must be true rather well summarizes his position.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2009 - 4:35PM #26
Ephemerae_inc.
Posts: 1,589

Blü


I'm confused...


He's started all these different threads about materialism, atheism, Dawkins, etc, with that as his position?


How has he been able to defend his position for so long?

He that will not reason is a bigot, he that cannot reason is a fool, and he that dares not reason is a slave.

--- Sir W. Drummond

To be ignorant of one's ignorance is the malady of ignorance.

--- A. Bronson Alcott
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2009 - 5:02PM #27
Ken
Posts: 33,860

Sep 4, 2009 -- 4:35PM, Ephemerae_inc. wrote:


Blü


I'm confused...


He's started all these different threads about materialism, atheism, Dawkins, etc, with that as his position?


How has he been able to defend his position for so long?



He hasn't. Teilhard is one of those people who state their positions but never get round to defending them. They think frequent assertion is equivalent to rational argument. Their brains don't work very well.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2009 - 8:35PM #28
TransJ
Posts: 732

 


So Anselm faith is in the idea of the meaning of the word God, defined as that than which none greater can be conceived. We are not talking about faith in the existence of God but faith in the content of the idea of "God". As a logical idea so defined? Yes I believe it is.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 05, 2009 - 11:35AM #29
Blü
Posts: 23,956


TransJ


We are not talking about faith in the existence of God but faith in the content of the idea of "God".


How does the content of the idea of "God" differ from the existence of God ? In other words, what merit do you claim for the content of the idea of "God" if supernatural beings don't exist in reality?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 06, 2009 - 1:38PM #30
teilhard
Posts: 48,245

Sep 3, 2009 -- 10:11PM, Ephemerae_inc. wrote:


Sep 2, 2009 -- 7:09PM, teilhard wrote:

Near-Universality of an E-X-P-E-R-I-E-N-C-E


IS "Evidence" ...


Could you please explain as to how this is so?




REAL "Reality"


is often "Experienced"


NOT only as an ISOLATED "Subjective" Individual,


but as a COMMUNITY ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 15  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook