Page 6 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Noah's population problems
5 years ago  ::  Jul 26, 2009 - 3:33AM #51
steven_guy

Jul 26, 2009 -- 3:24AM, iamachildofhis wrote:

Jul 26, 2009 -- 3:00AM, steven_guy wrote:

Jul 26, 2009 -- 12:55AM, iamachildofhis wrote:

I will continue to quote this man of God. I will continue to stand with him.

Character assassination doesn't become you, Ken.

From what I've learnt from my investigations of Morris, Ken was on the money. The man was little more than a Creationist shyster (Oh so many of them are!). Kent Hovind is a "man of God". Do you stand behind him, too? (there's probably a cue, in the prison shower-block)

What I know of Kent Hovind is what I have read on these forums.

Henry Morris was a 100% genuine human, who knew his Bible very, very well!

He spent his life-energy battling the "speculation" in all of its forms.

The Bible states: CREATION / YEC.

In memoriam

—Dr. Henry Morris, founder and president emeritus, Institute for Creation Research

by Mark Looy, CCO, AiG–USA

March 2, 2006

www.answersingenesis.org/

docs2006/0302morris.asp

And yet Morris was a con-man who lied and hoodwinked the innocent and ignorant. Bad man.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 26, 2009 - 3:36AM #52
steven_guy

Anyone who calls the theory of evolution a "speculation" is either a deceiving sod or a pig-ignorant twit.

You wouldn't want to be either of those, would you, Iamachildofhis?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 26, 2009 - 4:25AM #53
iamachildofhis

Jul 26, 2009 -- 3:36AM, steven_guy wrote:

Anyone who calls the theory of evolution a "speculation" is either a deceiving sod or a pig-ignorant twit.

You wouldn't want to be either of those, would you, Iamachildofhis?

Until you can give science-based evidence for the "speculation", yes, I will continue to call it just that!

The wonder of Christmas is that the God Who dwelt among us, now, can dwell within us. - Roy Lessin
"Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."
Justice is receiving what you deserve.
Mercy is NOT receiving what you deserve.
Grace is receiving what you DO NOT deserve.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 26, 2009 - 12:21PM #54
Ken

Henry Morris was not a Biblical scholar. All his training and expertise were in the field of civil engineering.  

He spent his "life energy" trying to destroy Western civilization and did not scruple to practice any deception that he thought would further that end. Like all religious fanatics, he was fundamentally immoral.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 27, 2009 - 5:04AM #55
steven_guy

Jul 26, 2009 -- 12:21PM, Ken wrote:

Henry Morris was not a Biblical scholar. All his training and expertise were in the field of civil engineering.  

He spent his "life energy" trying to destroy Western civilization and did not scruple to practice any deception that he thought would further that end. Like all religious fanatics, he was fundamentally immoral.  

I did a little reading about Morris today in a book called "Scientists Confront Creationism". Oh dear, Iamachildofhis, oh dear!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 27, 2009 - 2:00PM #56
McAtheist

Iam: The Bible records what actually took place in Earth-history, by the way!

ME: If in order to force real data to fit the bible, you have to invent such laughable contortions as a plant-eating T-Rex, then, obviously, no ---- the bible doesn't record what actually took place in Earth's history.

Moreover,  when you make up a patch as ludicrous as this to  jackhammer real-world observations into a ill-conceived model, you have long since abandoned the practice of science.  In real science, models and theories follow the evidence; evidence is not twisted to support a model that the scientist is too emotionally invested in to replace. 

Chalk this one up to more creationist speculation.

Iam: Of course, we all know, that you were there as an eyewitness!

You don't need to be there, Iam --- all you have to do is look at the skeletons. Carnivores, herbivores and omnivores have very different kinds of teeth.  This is elementary school science.  If your hero Henry Morris claimed that velocioraptors and T-rexes ate plants, then he was either an astoundingly uneducated man, a seriously deluded man, or a liar of the highest caliber.

So, on the evolution side, we have the evidence of the fossils themselves and everything that biology has found about teeth and food.

What science is on the side of the creationist speculation, Iam?  Can you provide a single piece of actual scientific data that supports this?  If you haven't got any evidence, then there is no way you can claim that YECs followed the evidence to the conclusion of plant-eater, can you?  No, YECs have to try to invent evidence to fit a conclusion they pre-chose; it is all apologetics. There is no way you can claim that YECs got here through the scientific method or that there is any science involved at all.

Why don't YECs just say that they will believe in a literal bible, no matter how much evidence is against it --- at least, that would be honest.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 27, 2009 - 5:14PM #57
Ephemerae_inc.

Jul 27, 2009 -- 2:00PM, McAtheist wrote:

Why don't YECs just say that they will believe in a literal bible, no matter how much evidence is against it --- at least, that would be honest.

They need the illusion of using science as to affirm their rigid view. Plus, it makes them all the more credible than just advertising their ignorance and obstinance.

He that will not reason is a bigot, he that cannot reason is a fool, and he that dares not reason is a slave.

--- Sir W. Drummond

To be ignorant of one's ignorance is the malady of ignorance.

--- A. Bronson Alcott
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 27, 2009 - 5:44PM #58
Ken

Jul 27, 2009 -- 5:14PM, Ephemerae_inc. wrote:

They need the illusion of using science as to affirm their rigid view. Plus, it makes them all the more credible than just advertising their ignorance and obstinance.

Unfortunately, their crackpot pseudoscience simply advertises their ignorance and obstinance all the more.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 27, 2009 - 11:18PM #59
Ephemerae_inc.

Jul 27, 2009 -- 5:44PM, Ken wrote:

Unfortunately, their crackpot pseudoscience simply advertises their ignorance and obstinance all the more.

They seem not to have gotten to the memo...

He that will not reason is a bigot, he that cannot reason is a fool, and he that dares not reason is a slave.

--- Sir W. Drummond

To be ignorant of one's ignorance is the malady of ignorance.

--- A. Bronson Alcott
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2009 - 12:03PM #60
Kwinters

Jul 14, 2009 -- 3:52AM, Blü wrote:

iama

Don't you think that the eight on the Ark who cared for the animals, would have cared for the animals welfare, post-The Flood, as well?

Since we're talking nursery tales, should Little Red Riding Hood's woodcutter be charged for Cruelty to Animals violations?  And killing protected species?

What about the ethical considerations of locking up animals in cages without any chance to exercise for more than a month?

I'm sure PETA would have condemned such animal cruelty.

Jesus had two dads, and he turned out alright.~ Andy Gussert

“Feminism has fought no wars. It has killed no opponents. It has set up no concentration camps, starved no enemies, practiced no cruelties. Its battles have been for education, for the vote, for better working conditions…for safety on the streets…for child care, for social welfare…for rape crisis centers, women’s refuges, reforms in the law.

If someone says, “Oh, I’m not a feminist,” I ask, “Why, what’s your problem?”

Dale Spender
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook