Page 5 of 15  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Which belief is more egotistical?
6 years ago  ::  Mar 11, 2008 - 2:12PM #41
Relates7
Thank you for your response to my post.

[QUOTE=Blü;348635].
Relates

We can look at the strength, peace, and love found in the life of Jesus, even in the face of evil impending painful and degrading death to know that.

Or we can assess the facts, do what we can, and try to be excellent to one another.  You don’t need some Ten Percent of your Pay deity breathing down your neck.[/QUOTE]

Response:  How did you come up with this non sequiter?  Speak for yourself, Bro. Blü.  Not all of us are uber mench like you. 

[QUOTE=]Thus we can reasonably expect a deserved rest, reward, and fulfillment after our trials on earth.

It’s called death, and it accounts for the just, the unjust and the in-betweens.[/QUOTE]

Response:  So, Bro. Blü, enlighten us.  What is the meaning of death? 

Love and Peace,

Relates
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 11, 2008 - 5:09PM #42
Bob_Bennett
[QUOTE=iamachildofhis;328207]What power and authority does the "self" have with respect to eternity?

What value does the "self" have with respect to eternity? to whom?

.[/QUOTE]

The meaning of death is simply that the spirit has finished its agreed upon tasks for this lifetime and has accordingly left the body in order to return to the spirit world from which it came prior to the current lifetime.

Science and athiesm are both based on a falsely materialistic view of life that neither can see beyond. Science believes that the world of nature exists because it has been fooled by the physical senses, whereas sophisticated spiritual teachings reveal that the natural world is an illusion, is seemingly brought into being by being dreamed into apparent existence for the sake of seeming to live out a life of separation from God. The natural world and the universe will all disappear some day when we all awaken from the dream.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 11, 2008 - 5:33PM #43
mountain_man

Bob_Bennett wrote:

....Science and athiesm are both based on a falsely materialistic view of life that neither can see beyond. ...

Actually science is based on reality. This so called "spirituality" or spirit stuff is simply stuff someone made up. There is no proof for any of it.

Here's an experiment; Start running as fast as you can. Now think of yourself in the spirit world, and run, head first, into a brick wall. Now, is that brick wall material or not? Did believing yourself in the spirit world have any effect on the solidness of the brick wall? Which was false, the spirit world or the brick wall?

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 11, 2008 - 9:17PM #44
wohali
Which was false, the spirit world or the brick wall?

The evil atheist...........:cool:
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 11, 2008 - 10:16PM #45
exploringinside
[QUOTE=Relates7;349342]

What is the meaning of death? 

Love and Peace,

Relates[/QUOTE]

This is my favorite article on Death. It appears to be "just right" if you understand it.

http://www.elijahwald.com/origin.html
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 11, 2008 - 9:17PM #46
wohali

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 11, 2008 - 10:16PM #47
exploringinside
[QUOTE=Relates7;349342]

What is the meaning of death? 

Love and Peace,

Relates[/QUOTE]

This is my favorite article on Death. It appears to be "just right" if you understand it.

http://www.elijahwald.com/origin.html
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2008 - 12:04AM #48
mountain_man

wohali wrote:

:D It's more fun that way. :D

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2008 - 10:31AM #49
Relates7
[QUOTE=mountain_man;349865]Actually science is based on reality. This so called "spirituality" or spirit stuff is simply stuff someone made up. There is no proof for any of it.

Here's an experiment; Start running as fast as you can. Now think of yourself in the spirit world, and run, head first, into a brick wall. Now, is that brick wall material or not? Did believing yourself in the spirit world have any effect on the solidness of the brick wall? Which was false, the spirit world or the brick wall?[/QUOTE]

Response:  Dave, I guess that you have never experienced a "broken heart" if you think that relationships have no reality?

Love and Peace,

Relates
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2008 - 12:19PM #50
mountain_man

Relates7 wrote:

Response:  Dave, I guess that you have never experienced a "broken heart" if you think that relationships have no reality?

Your reply made absolutely no sense what so ever. It also had nothing to do with anything I said.:confused:

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 15  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook