Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Welcome to the new beliefnet community.
7 years ago  ::  Oct 14, 2007 - 12:40AM #1
Jcarlinbn
Same rules, same host but it looks like it will be much easier to use. Editing is available!.

The old forums will be locked (archived) soon.  If you wish to continue a thread, Start a thread in the new forum with the same title, link to it (if you can) or copy and paste the url of the page the post you are referring to is on with the post number (old) for reference. 

As an alternative,  think up a better title, and link to the thread you think it applies to.   

Or just go off in a new direction with a thread of your own and link to past posts/threads as needed. 

Enjoy the new easier format.  I look forward to the usual spirited discussions.   

As usual keep the distinction between
jcarlinbn
as Community Host
and
J'Carlin
as community member
in mind. I find differentiating the roles useful and the sig is the easiest way to do that. 

jcarlinbn
Jcarlinbn, community moderator
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 9:16AM #2
redwood_myst
Our host says: "Enjoy the new easier format. I look forward to the usual spirited discussions."

Thanks, Jcarlinbn ---- the place sure looks different!

RM
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 9:24AM #3
redwood_myst
Hmmm....looks like HTML doesn't work the same.  And I wonder what the difference between a level 1 junior member and a level 3 junior member is....

The advanced post option has smilies that look like they appear with the title line of your reply.

A very different look and feel.....

RM
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 11:07AM #4
Sacrificialgoddess
I'm still finding the boards a tad clunky to use, but I'm sure it will get better as time goes on.
Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 2:18PM #5
Ken
(formerly kjn)

I had to get a new account because the New Beliefnet Community wouldn't accept my old email address and password. It kept telling me they were incorrect, which they certainly weren't. Has anyone else had this problem?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 3:34PM #6
Mongo7
I did a while back with the old board. Made me look like I was starting over after five years posting.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 3:50PM #7
Ridcully
Uh...tap...tap...tap...testing...hello world...

looks like HTML doesn't work the same

What's different?
"Things just happen, what the hell."  Didactylos
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 3:51PM #8
Ridcully
Ah, I see a difference already...hum...
"Things just happen, what the hell."  Didactylos
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 9:44PM #9
vra
Just to encourage people to have patience.  I have been using this format in another interfaith forum for well over a year, and once you get the hang of it, you'll quickly forget the old format.

Shalom,
Vern
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 7:06AM #10
ozero
As someone who thinks that all changes to information boards beyond ascii have been detrimental to communication, I have some problems with it, but will survive.  I do hope that they change some of the colors so that those of us over 50 can read them better.  Whose idea was white on gray or dark gray on light gray?  Black on white is fine, though it is still not the most readable format.  They say a picture is worth a thousand words - but thanks to the computer, not anymore.  That little ad in the top right is worth about 4 thousand words... or maybe not.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook