Switch to Forum Live View What do you learn about in Quaker studies?
3 years ago  ::  Jul 15, 2011 - 3:02AM #1
searching4faith
I know Quakers teach about God but do they talk about the teachings of Jesus too or just the founders of Quakerism? I am thinking of putting my kid into a childrens Sunday class at Meeting. I would like to know what they willl teach? I have been to an unprogrammed Meeting twice but still do not grasp what they teach? Thank you.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 16, 2011 - 3:39PM #2
Zeeking

My kids (ages 11 and 14) are the only two at our Meeting, and thus get to suggest what is studied. They have covered various topics like Quaker history, Quaker testimonies, environmental issues, what is character and how to build it, religions of the world, as well as to review various Quaker pamphlets and writings. Our Meeting would do bible study, if that's what the kids wanted, but the previous community church that we attended really damaged their interest there.

You might want to check out Quaker Books online to get some other ideas of what could be offered in first day class. Each meeting is different though, so asking that meeting would probably give you the most relevant answer.

In peace,

Z

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook