4 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2010 - 6:17PM #1
Wolfhoundgrowl

Hi Guys

Just wondering, what's the general opinion of people here on the practice and acceptance of nontheist Friends

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 23, 2011 - 5:25PM #2
Servetus

Hello Wolfhoundgrowl,

Just decided to bite at your question since it doesn't look like too many people are around this thread.  Actually, I don't even know if you're around anymore.

I'm not a Quaker but have read a little about the Society of Friends, including George Fox's Journal wondering if I should join them myself.  I have heard that there are Non-Theist Friends, definitely in the Liberal Quaker tradition, from my own investigations of this faith.  I think you primarily have that in your neck of the woods seeing as how you're in Europe.  Liberal Quakers I imagine will certainly not shove theism down your throat unless you want it there.

In fact, "Penn" of Penn-and-Teller (a comedic group) has a discussion about an atheist Quaker on Youtube which you can find by searching for it (it wasn't done for comedic purposes).  I don't know how make a link to save my life, but you can find it. 

Good luck in your spiritual quest.

"The candle that is set up in us shines bright enough for all our purposes." -John Locke
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook