Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Freeemasonry: What's the Real Scoop?
3 years ago  ::  Jul 17, 2011 - 7:18PM #11
LeahOne

If you're talking about 'prophesy' in the Jewish religion, the meaning is not the same as the common usage OR Christian usage.

That needs to be understood to understand what any Rabbi is writing about the topic - no matter which 'denomination' s/he belongs to.   YHVH hasn't chosen any prophets since the majority of the Jewish people were no longer living in the Land of Israel:  prophesy cannot resume until the majority of Jews live in Israel.

As to what a 'prophet' is:  it's NOT a prognosticator, a diviner, etc.  A prophet is one who speaks Truth to Power - in the case of the Hebrew Bible, to the King.

Frankly, Judaism defines who is a *Jewish* prophet:  if it's too 'exclusive' a definintion for you, RNow - that's not a problem unless you seek to be a Jew.  You seem to be forgetting that the Rabbi is not pretending to any right to set down the definition of 'prophet' for anyone BUT Jews.   It's a mistake to assume he thinks his definition should have any meaning outside of the Jewish faith:  Judaism has no pretensions of being a 'universal' faith.

But of course none of that has a thing to do with Freemasonry, which is a NONreligious fellowship of men from different monotheist (not only Abrahamic) faiths!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2011 - 4:31PM #12
Reformationnow

Jul 17, 2011 -- 7:18PM, LeahOne wrote:

YHVH hasn't chosen any prophets since the majority of the Jewish people were no longer living in the Land of Israel:  prophesy cannot resume until the majority of Jews live in Israel.

As to what a 'prophet' is:  it's NOT a prognosticator, a diviner, etc.  A prophet is one who speaks Truth to Power - in the case of the Hebrew Bible, to the King.

Frankly, Judaism defines who is a *Jewish* prophet:  if it's too 'exclusive' a definintion for you, RNow - that's not a problem unless you seek to be a Jew.  You seem to be forgetting that the Rabbi is not pretending to any right to set down the definition of 'prophet' for anyone BUT Jews.   It's a mistake to assume he thinks his definition should have any meaning outside of the Jewish faith:  Judaism has no pretensions of being a 'universal' faith.

But of course none of that has a thing to do with Freemasonry, which is a NONreligious fellowship of men from different monotheist (not only Abrahamic) faiths!

I'm sorry, but I find that to be a narrow, exclusive view, and frankly it is archaic.

In my view it does not matter if a servant of God calls it YHVH or Jehovah or Yahweh or Creator or Brahman or the Holy One or The Universal Consciousnes or Wakan Tanka or any other name that human beings have called it.

Furthermore, Jews don't get to judge who is a prophet and who is not. And God certainly has called and chosen prophets who were not "Jews."

Remember, God told Moses that the nation of Israel could be a "holy nation," but only if and when she obeyed the law and behaved properly could she be one of the nations under God. After all, God is the God of the whole world, not just the nation of Israel.

I realize that Rabbinical Jews define a "prophet" in Jewish terms. But unless and until Jews understand that there are prophets who are not Jews, they will be stuck with what they've got. And that's gotten them in a whole heap of trouble.

Geoge Washington, Benjamin Franklin and other Founding Fathers of the U.S.A. who were Freemasons and men of the "Enlightenment" knew very well what men had done in the name of religion. That's why they wanted to establish freedom of religion and freedom from the rule of those who think their religion is superior.

They used the term "Creator" and "Divine Providence" because they wanted it known that the Deity, or God by any other name, wants all of us to be treated as equals, with unalienable equal rights. That's what Freemasons believe, and they believe in brotherhood, regardless of religion.

That's the kind of thinking we need in the world today.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 05, 2011 - 7:31PM #13
JoliverJOLLY

Umm interesting ramble, Magic is prohibited under the law of God as is vampirism. So much for doing unto others what you would have them do to you, The masons are full of it and very materialistic as people.

and the rest.

Cults are dark groups that hide, and so allow rather nastyer people protection, no light there, as Jesus said Matt 5.14 "You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.  Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they  put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house."

Cults are all shaddow dwellers.

As for what one of your articles said about monarchy:-"To make them a line of kings and Priests" "Queens will be your nursing mothers"

Isa 49.7

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2011 - 8:29PM #14
LeahOne

JJ:  You present no information to bolster the hate speech that is your opinion about Freemasonry.

And the only 'cult' around here is the one that RNow has been pimping all over these boards....some UberFaith they are touting as a replacement 'one faith fits all' for everyone on earth.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2011 - 8:52PM #15
LeahOne

Aug 19, 2011 -- 4:31PM, Reformationnow wrote:

Jul 17, 2011 -- 7:18PM, LeahOne wrote:

YHVH hasn't chosen any prophets since the majority of the Jewish people were no longer living in the Land of Israel:  prophesy cannot resume until the majority of Jews live in Israel.

I'm sorry, but I find that to be a narrow, exclusive view, and frankly it is archaic.

I'm sorry that your reading comprehension is lacking.  Or else that you think outsiders have some right to define for Jews what Jews consider to be 'a prophet' as related to Judaism.

In my view it does not matter if a servant of God calls it YHVH or Jehovah or Yahweh or Creator or Brahman or the Holy One or The Universal Consciousnes or Wakan Tanka or any other name that human beings have called it.

Nor in mine :  why you're going off on me this way, I have no idea.

Furthermore, Jews don't get to judge who is a prophet and who is not

So much for YOUR pretensions of 'equality':  Jews have every right to define who is a prophet *for Jews* - which of course is all I ever meant.  Only Christianity and Islam that I know of, presume to be 'universal' in their application.

. And God certainly has called and chosen prophets who were not "Jews."

Indeed,  He has even chose one messiah who was not a Jew (Cyrus of Persia).  I thought you knew enough about Judaism to understand that Jews don't presume to decide who *anyone else* should consider a prophet.  But evidently you are ignorant enough not to realize that fact:  Judiasm doesn't claim to be 'the' religion for anyone but Jews.

Remember, God told Moses that the nation of Israel could be a "holy nation," but only if and when she obeyed the law and behaved properly could she be one of the nations under God. After all, God is the God of the whole world, not just the nation of Israel.

Why do you think I don't know this?  It's YOU who don't know - or you wouldn't be taking such trouble to 'explain' to a Jew what Jews already believe.  I think your psots are full of strawmen....

I realize that Rabbinical Jews define a "prophet" in Jewish terms.

But what you've failed to accept is that Jews do NOT seek to define 'prophet' for any faith BUT Judaism.

But unless and until Jews understand that there are prophets who are not Jews,

WE understand that: we also understand that nobody BUT Jews cares about Jewish definitions.  And YOU need to understand that Jews don't have to accept your definitions for our faith! 

they will be stuck with what they've got.

My, oh my!  What a sweet, loving and "progressive" point of view.  You seem to misunderstand that we ARE Jews because we WANT 'what we've got' and are not interested in anyone else's "New and Improved!" Uber-Revelation.....

And that's gotten them in a whole heap of trouble.

How cute - bashing the recipients of centuries of Christian and Muslim terrorism - for having the gall to remain true to our faith.   UNlike the Christians or Muslims, Jews do NOT NOT NOT!!!  suppose that our religion is 'the One True TRUTH', or 'superior' or any such - except of course for us Jews : ))

We haven't "gotten in a whole heap of trouble" with any other group except those which fancy themselves to have 'exclusive ownership' of religious truth.

Geoge Washington, Benjamin Franklin and other Founding Fathers of the U.S.A. who were Freemasons and men of the "Enlightenment" knew very well what men had done in the name of religion. That's why they wanted to establish freedom of religion and freedom from the rule of those who think their religion is superior.

They used the term "Creator" and "Divine Providence" because they wanted it known that the Deity, or God by any other name, wants all of us to be treated as equals, with unalienable equal rights. That's what Freemasons believe, and they believe in brotherhood, regardless of religion.

That's the kind of thinking we need in the world today.

I happen to agree with all of this part of your post.  And it's in complete accord with all streams of Judiasm, as my family's generations of participation in Freemasonry would show.

Sadly, it's the Southern Baptist Convention you need to address on this topic:  they told their membership at least 30 years ago that SB's *should not* remain in Freemasonry because 'Christians cannot have fellowship with nonChristians'....

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2011 - 7:48PM #16
christine3

Jul 4, 2011 -- 8:34PM, LeahOne wrote:

www.koshertorah.com/PDF/KabbalahMasonsan...

Here is an article on the topic which should be rather informative.  : ))

Wonderful article!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 10, 2011 - 10:33AM #17
JoliverJOLLY

Sep 7, 2011 -- 8:29PM, LeahOne wrote:

JJ:  You present no information to bolster the hate speech that is your opinion about Freemasonry.

I dont hate anyone thankyou, but I do look with a scornful eye on hypocracy.  No information? Let the teachings of Jesus Christ speak for itself, They as all the cults are Children of the shaddows.

Sep 7, 2011 -- 8:29PM, LeahOne wrote:

And the only 'cult' around here is the one that RNow has been pimping all over these boards....some UberFaith they are touting as a replacement 'one faith fits all' for everyone on earth.

There is in truth only one real faith, the faith in the one true and rightous God, who created everything and sent the many prophets to enlighten men. Ofcourse I except that each of the faiths that are here have been created by following the many prophets god himself sent, I seek not one universal religion, but peace between them all, as brothers and sisters under the one true God- who lives. 

There is no light in the shaddows, and the cultist run from the light, as they do the truth- occultist are all hidden people. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2011 - 12:12AM #18
LeahOne

JJ - Masonry is not a religion, nor is it a cult.  Nor does it involve the occult.

Nor are Masons 'materialistic' - if anything they're a bit less likely to hoard their worldly goods OR their time and energy

It's obvious that you've got some idea that 'the teachings of Jesus' is the one and only True TRUTH.    And that you, like RNow, enjoy playing word games and making up new meanings for commonly understood words like 'religion'.

All religion is manmade - including 'the teachings of Jesus' which were written down by human beings who were not infallible and so could not produce anything which is perfect.  QED, right out of your doctrine.  Even IFF Jesus were GOD:  the writers of the NT were not.

If you want to believe that the Freemasons are evil, you are certainly free to do so.   And I'm likewise free to observe that:

1) You've offered no proof of any evil there.

2)You've made other assertions which cannot be proven.

and to decide that I have no obligation to agree with you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook