Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Rosicrucians What are their beliefs and rituals
6 years ago  ::  May 04, 2008 - 6:44PM #1
mainecaptain
I am not looking for anything protect by Oath. But I have heard furtive whispers about this organization The Rosicrucians, all my life and I was wondering if there are any around? what their basic beliefs and tenets? and perhaps any ideas about rituals. This is sincere. I am genuinely interested.

My Grandmother was always afraid of them. I have no idea why.
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 04, 2008 - 6:44PM #2
mainecaptain
I am not looking for anything protect by Oath. But I have heard furtive whispers about this organization The Rosicrucians, all my life and I was wondering if there are any around? what their basic beliefs and tenets? and perhaps any ideas about rituals. This is sincere. I am genuinely interested.

My Grandmother was always afraid of them. I have no idea why.
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 06, 2008 - 8:45AM #3
trekfan8705
[QUOTE=mainecaptain;477384]I am not looking for anything protect by Oath. But I have heard furtive whispers about this organization The Rosicrucians, all my life and I was wondering if there are any around? what their basic beliefs and tenets? and perhaps any ideas about rituals. This is sincere. I am genuinely interested.

My Grandmother was always afraid of them. I have no idea why.[/QUOTE]

It's hard to say, because there are so many different organizations who go by the name "Rosucrucian", and as far as I can tell they're all quite different from one another.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 07, 2008 - 11:29AM #4
mainecaptain

trekfan8705 wrote:

It's hard to say, because there are so many different organizations who go by the name "Rosucrucian", and as far as I can tell they're all quite different from one another.

Thank you for your response It appreciate it. :) I have heard the name for years but never knew anything about them.  I did not realize there were different organizations with the heading though. Interesting.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 08, 2008 - 5:29PM #5
Bob_Bennett
I have not attended any gatherings of Rosicrucians, nor even know of any.  However, I have read a book called "Secret Doctrines of the Rosicrucians" and found it to be very interesting, quite esoteric, and nothing to be afraid of.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 10, 2008 - 1:24PM #6
mainecaptain
HexPainter Thank you so much. I really appreciate that. I will explore the site. Have a wonderful day!!:)

Oh and Bob thank you for posting. I never had a clue what she was afraid of. She would not elaborate.(my grandmother).
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2008 - 10:23PM #7
mainecaptain
Hex is great, knows so much, I have learned a lot. Yes I second that Thank you
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2008 - 10:40AM #8
GayMarie
Thanks for the link, great site.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 02, 2008 - 12:29PM #9
EyesoftheWorld
My understanding is the "original" Rosicrucians (Rosy Cross - vaginal/phallic fusion) "released" (or maybe the revealing was not desired at all, but happened) only a few documents or tenets of belief or aim.
Since then, there have been many attempts to either recreate or impersonate.
Whether a pure strain has maintained and exists today is unclear.
What Fatal Flowers of Darkness Bloom from Seeds of Light!
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook