Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Llamas on the Lam in Arizona
3 years ago  ::  Feb 26, 2015 - 9:07PM #1
Merope

A couple of llamas got loose from their handler this afternoon after a visit to an assisted living community.  The llamas ran out into traffic, deftly dodging vehicles.  It took several hours to catch them. 

Social media ignited.  The Arizona Cardinals announced on Twitter that they'd reached a one-year deal with each llama earning 2,340 pounds of hay for the year.  The Tampa Bay Buccaneers tweeted that they picked the white llama as their first draft pick - "Gotta love how well he avoids the defense."

Actually, the white llama was a female and the mother of the black llama.

Pretty funny and probably pretty trying for the llamas - unless they thought this was all a game.

www.nydailynews.com/news/national/watch-...

www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2...

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 26, 2015 - 9:14PM #2
Merope

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 26, 2015 - 10:16PM #3
mountain_man

Stupid cops. You don't chase llamas. Hold out a few baby carrots and they'll come running to you.

I took a llama into a VA nursing home. He was a hit. One guy that had not spoke in months, he had essentially "checked out" and was barely responsive, perked up and started talking to the llama, then to others, and started taking the llama to others in the place. It's amazing to watch animals reach people in need. Too bad they didn't focus on that instead of the chasing part.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.   Isaac Asimov
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 26, 2015 - 10:29PM #4
Erey

I was eating out for lunch today and this was on the large screen TV's they had in the dining room.  I thought it was wild to see.

I just saw the white lama,  it most definately did not want to be caught.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2015 - 10:54AM #5
Merope

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook