Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Every once in a while, things go the right way...
3 years ago  ::  Nov 21, 2014 - 3:15PM #1
d_p_m
News has a tendency to be either irrelevant or distressing, and it is easy to get pessimistic about the way we treat one another.

Once in a while, though, we get reminded that it is not all like that:

news.nationalpost.com/2014/11/21/edmonto...
"If you aren't confused by quantum physics, you haven't really understood it."
― Niels Bohr

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain, as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."
-- Albert Einstein

"If one is going to engage with the primordial forces of darkness, one must expect a bit of social awkwardness."
-- Penny Dreadful, season one, episode two
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 21, 2014 - 8:49PM #2
mountain_man

You'd be surprised, many people want to do the right thing; something that helps someone.

A friend came over today, he just happens to be a preacher at a local church. He told me about an elderly lady a few properties down the road from me that had no firewood to keep warm. Her only heat, other than electric space heaters, is her wood stove. That's common around here.

I have, had, several oaks that died during the summer from drought and too much mistletoe.

We cut them down, split what had to be, and delivered the wood. She is now nice and warm and has enough wood for the winter.

That's what neighbors do.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.   Isaac Asimov
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 22, 2014 - 6:40AM #3
Dostojevsky

We are all blessed with acts of kindness, sometimes often sometimes rarely.

They are the manna that keep us going on and keep the faith alive that

life is good**)

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 28, 2014 - 12:11AM #4
in_my_opinion

Kiss That was heartwarming. Thank you for posting it and thanks also for the posts that followed!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 04, 2014 - 7:52PM #5
Merope

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone.

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 2 guests
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook