Page 19 of 21  •  Prev 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next
Switch to Forum Live View NH Bill Requires Doctors To Give Women False Information
3 years ago  ::  Mar 20, 2012 - 7:03PM #181
mainecaptain

Smaller government so small it can get inside your body.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 20, 2012 - 7:37PM #182
REteach

Mar 20, 2012 -- 6:46PM, arielg wrote:

Mar 20, 2012 -- 4:55PM, REteach wrote:

Mar 20, 2012 -- 1:24PM, Girlchristian wrote:

Rape? The definition of rape is being forced to have sexual intercourse.

So if someone sticks a dildo in your vagina against your will, that is not rape simply because it wasn't a flesh and blood penis?

Who the hell  is talking about pushing anything against her will?

Someone who sticks a medical device in the  vagina of someone who is asking for an abortion is not forcing the woman to have sexual intercourse. Is it that  hard to understand the difference?

Is like viewing  a doctor who performs an operation with knives as attempting to murder them. Murderers cut people, so the doctor must be a murderer, according to this twisted logic.(or lack of it)  Geeezzzus!!  Talking about irrational  fixation.

So you think the women in the 50s who were sterilized against their will really consented just because it involved surgery?

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 20, 2012 - 8:25PM #183
mainecaptain

Mar 20, 2012 -- 7:37PM, REteach wrote:

So you think the women in the 50s who were sterilized against their will really consented just because it involved surgery?

I bet this kind of person woud say yes.

It has nothing to do with believing any of this. It is simply that they (generic) wish to position themselves on the teaparty right wing. The desire to hurt people. After all they (generic) do not think it will have any personal affect on themselves,  so what do they care if someone else is violated.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 20, 2012 - 8:36PM #184
mountain_man

Mar 20, 2012 -- 8:25PM, mainecaptain wrote:

I bet this kind of person would say yes.

It has nothing to do with believing any of this. It is simply that they (generic) wish to position themselves on the teaparty right wing. The desire to hurt people. After all they (generic) do not think it will have any personal affect on themselves,  so what do they care if someone else is violated.

Their lack of concern for other people is puzzling. In another thread I was called a "bleeding heart liberal" as if it were a bad thing to care about my fellow human beings.

Well.... I'm sorry. I care about my fellow humans. I do not want anyone forced to undergo an unnecessary personal violation just to satisfy someone else's extremist religious beliefs. That's what what this thread is about; speaking up and protecting my fellow humans from religious extremists. The Taliban or christian, the extremists must be marginalized for the good of all humanity.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 20, 2012 - 8:52PM #185
mainecaptain

Mar 20, 2012 -- 8:36PM, mountain_man wrote:

Mar 20, 2012 -- 8:25PM, mainecaptain wrote:

I bet this kind of person would say yes.

Their lack of concern for other people is puzzling. In another thread I was called a "bleeding heart liberal" as if it were a bad thing to care about my fellow human beings.

Well.... I'm sorry. I care about my fellow humans. I do not want anyone forced to undergo an unnecessary personal violation just to satisfy someone else's extremist religious beliefs. That's what what this thread is about; speaking up and protecting my fellow humans from religious extremists. The Taliban or christian, the extremists must be marginalized for the good of all humanity.

I am genuinely baffled myself. And I am a very proud to be a bleeding heart liberal. Accuse me of caring. I would much rather be that, then selfish and cold hearted.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 20, 2012 - 9:16PM #186
Girlchristian

Mar 20, 2012 -- 4:55PM, REteach wrote:

Mar 20, 2012 -- 1:24PM, Girlchristian wrote:

Rape? The definition of rape is being forced to have sexual intercourse.

So if someone sticks a dildo in your vagina against your will, that is not rape simply because it wasn't a flesh and blood penis?

If you look up the legal definition of rape by state then it depends on the state; however, all of the defintions of legal rape require a lack of consent or an inability to consent (minors, etc.) neither of which apply to this medical procedure.

I agree that the requirement of the medical procedure is BS, but calling it rape is also BS.

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 20, 2012 - 9:47PM #187
mountain_man

Mar 20, 2012 -- 8:52PM, mainecaptain wrote:

I am genuinely baffled myself. And I am a very proud to be a bleeding heart liberal. Accuse me of caring. I would much rather be that, then selfish and cold hearted.

My taglinle, all that Humanist stuff. That's not something I learned, or studied, that's just who I am. So, damn right, I'm a Bleeding Heart Liberal, and proud of it!

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 20, 2012 - 9:48PM #188
mountain_man

Mar 20, 2012 -- 9:16PM, Girlchristian wrote:

If you look up the legal definition of rape by state...

And they all include forcing something, or trying to force something, into a woman's vagina against her wishes.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 20, 2012 - 9:59PM #189
Girlchristian

Mar 20, 2012 -- 9:48PM, mountain_man wrote:

And they all include forcing something, or trying to force something, into a woman's vagina against her wishes.

No, what they say is without consent (although some don't include objects and only specify a sex organ). Even the FBI's definition of rape specifies no consent or without consent. You're making something up to fit this medical procedure that a woman consents to before it's done into the definition of 'rape.'

“The penetration, no matter how slight, of the vagina or anus with any body part or object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person, without the consent of the victim.

www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releases...

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 20, 2012 - 10:01PM #190
mainecaptain

Mar 20, 2012 -- 9:48PM, mountain_man wrote:

Typical right wing behaviour, to try and change the defintion of rape.

"forcing something, or trying to force something, into a woman's vagina against her wishes." Is rape and/or sexual assault. No playing around with words will change this fact.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 19 of 21  •  Prev 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook