Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View Trying to figure something out about Christianity (abortion debate)
3 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2012 - 1:55PM #21
Brainscramble

Jan 5, 2012 -- 1:39PM, Webers_Home wrote:

Jan 5, 2012 -- 12:54PM, Brainscramble wrote:

Only a selfish, unmerciful person would kill the baby to save oneself.

And the child's daddy should have no say in the loss of his wife?

Speaking as a Christian husband, my wife's wishes are subordinate to mine; and had you been a "true Christian" you would have known that.

*****Yes, the husband has the final say, but if he were a "real Christian," he would agree that the baby should be saved, right?  So I assumed that both he and the wife would be in agreement on that.

Therefore; if my wife's life is to be lost in bringing a child of ours into the world, then I decree that the child die and not my wife because for one: I think it's cruel to bring a child into the world without its mommy: or what the hell's the use in getting a wife pregnant in the first place if she's not to be a mom?

*****Or, what the hell's the use in getting her pregnant if you're going to kill the baby?  And I think if you'd ask that child later on in life (if you allowed it to live) if he regrets being alive because he has no mommy, he would say that he did NOT regret being alive.  After all, he would have a loving FATHER to take care of him! (Right, Dad?)

And two: I am not about to sacrifice the love of my life to save the life of a total stranger. As long as she's alive we can try for another baby; but if she's dead; we can't. My God you are so callous and insensitive!

*****YOU are the one who is callous and insensitive!  Good God!  "A total stranger" you say.   

Wives are not baby mills; they are first and foremost somebody's home companion (Gen 2:18). I didn't marry my best girl expecting her to pump out babies for me; no, I married her because I didn't want to spend the rest of my life alone and unloved in the world and now you're content to take her away from me? I just wish I was at liberty on Beliefnet to use the appropriate expletives to express exactly what I think of the likes of you and your anti Christian-home attitude.

*****I wish I could, also, call you what I think of you.   

Cliff
/

Moderated by MSaraTemp on Jan 08, 2012 - 09:37PM
To our almighty God and Father (of Christ and ourselves):  "Show them you alone are JEHOVAH, the Most High over all the earth."  (Psalm 83:18)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2012 - 2:03PM #22
lulu2

As a Jew...we would protect the innocent, and always choose life

As a Christian we would always seek to protect life, most especially the life of an innocent.

As a Mother my childs life would always come before my own.

As a human being, life should be respected in all its forms

Without the Soul of Christ alive in us...we are nothing but empty shells...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2012 - 2:17PM #23
Webers_Home

Jan 5, 2012 -- 1:45PM, davelaw40 wrote:

This thread is being moved to the Abortion Debate board-it has deviated from a "pure" discussion of Christianity

Well; since I have no more clue what constitutes Dave's definition of an impure discussion of Christianity than a Russian poisoned by cheap vodka tainted with fall-out from Chernobyl, I'm off this thread.

Cliff
/

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook