Mmichael

Feb 21, 2012 -- 7:58AM, anidominus wrote:

Feb 21, 2012 -- 2:22AM, Mmichael wrote:

Feb 20, 2012 -- 10:49AM, anidominus wrote:

Feb 20, 2012 -- 2:12AM, Mmichael wrote:

Feb 17, 2012 -- 3:20AM, anidominus wrote:

Feb 16, 2012 -- 9:30PM, Bl├╝ wrote:

anidominus

Some laws Jews had for themselves.  Christians do not have to follow any of the Jewish law but we follow God's law.

You have the same god as the Jews, no?

And Matthew 5:18 tells us that Jesus said -

For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the law until all is accomplished.

He means the Jewish law, of course.  And all is accomplished at the Second Coming, which hasn't happened yet.

The death and resurection of Jesus Christ elminated every last Jewish Ritual for Christians.  He also, before he died on the Cross instituted another ritiual that we call commuion which is based on the passover.

However, the 10 commandments are still in affect as well as the laws regarding benvolence and justice.  If they were no longer in affect then you would not need Jesus.

Also, there were some customs and laws passed soley by, and for, the Jewish people which had nothing to do with God.  Christians do not have to follow any of those laws.

So, for Jewish people, all of the old testiment rituals etc are still in affect, however, since the High Temple was destroyed, the jewish people can not properly adminsiter the rituals.

For Chrisitans, those cleansing rituals are irrelevant because Christ completed those rituals on the cross.

For everybody else... you're screwed.

I'm "everybody else", so I guess I'm "screwed". If I ever do choose a religion, I think I'll choose  one that's not as COMPLICATED as the two religions that you're describing! Holy cow!

lol, its not complicated at all. 

Every nation has laws.

Every law, if you break it, has a penalty related to the law broken.

If you break the law, you are no longer "right with society" until you pay your fine whether it be jail time or monetary.

When you are finish paying your fine, you are "right with society" again and you are free to go.

In certain cases, you don't have to pay your fine yourself.  If the fine is monetary, someone else can give you the money to pay your fine if you cant afford it.  You can not earn their money (if you coud, you could pay the fine yourself),  they have to give it to you because they care about you.

God has laws.

Each law has a penalty related to the law broken.

If you break Gods law, you are no longer "right with god" until you pay your fine whether it be monetary or eternal serpation from God (hell)

When you are finish paying your fine, you are "right with God" again and you are free to go.

If you except Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and God will know if you have done this sincerely in your heart, he will pay (or has paid) your fine for you because he cares about you and he knows you can't afford the penalty.  Thefore, you do not have to suffer monetary lost (in the old testment it may have been the loss of animals) or suffer eternal sepration from God.  Jesus has already footed the bill on the cross.

The entire thing is just that simple.

So, Christianity is about "laws", "breaking laws", "penalties for breaking laws", "being unable to afford the penalties", "getting right with God so you can be free to go", and "Jesus footing the bill". "Just That Simple???" Sorry, but it still sounds complicated AND confusing. Surely there is a truly "simple" way to explain it. How about, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Now, THAT sounds simple.

To keep this from being moved from the "abortion" section, I will ask-----What if someone sincerely accepts Jesus as Lord and Savior and sincerely believes that Roe v. Wade should remain the law of the land? Will God "pay that person's fine"? Or, will God say, "No, I won't pay your fine until you oppose Roe v. Wade!"

If that's too complicated for you, then I don't know how you maintain your sanity in any nation since most nations have more laws and penalites than God.

Jesus has already paid for every sin.  Its up to you to accept the free gift of salvation. 

I accept!!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook