Switch to Forum Live View Something to Make the Pro "Choice" Crowd Proud
3 years ago  ::  Jan 01, 2012 - 8:07PM #1
TENAC
When you have a law that it is murder is criminal, you should leave it alone, not dilute or split hairs over it.  You only have two choices in the matter;  Defend life or Offend life.

There is NO gray area.

This is why it continues to be a political issue, but really shouldnt.  Taking life, stopping life, removing life is always wrong.  Always.

This is what happens when you equivocate, rationalize, or simply ignore those differences between life and death.  I repeat there is no gray area, where the left wants to live, but then whats to be the artbiter of who "lives".

Enjoy the articles.  I find them disgusting.

Maryland Abortion Horror Leads to Murder Charges

Even President Barack Obama, who opposed the Born Alive Infant Protection Act, contends that to give medical treatment to children born alive in botched abortions "simply...burden[s] the original decision of the woman and the decision to induce labor and perform an abortion" -- a moral quandary that has left dedicated late-term abortion doctors like Brigham and Riley in a bit of a pickle.

Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 01, 2012 - 8:19PM #2
Fodaoson

Before Roe v Wade, every hospital in America knew how to deal with botched abortions and funeral home knew how to take care of women bodies after  a botched abortion. I personally know more Girls and women that had abortions prior to RvW than after.  I know the statistic is different.  For me prochoice involves a personal life or death medical situation.

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 01, 2012 - 8:23PM #3
TENAC

Jan 1, 2012 -- 8:19PM, Fodaoson wrote:

Before Roe v Wade, every hospital in America knew how to deal with botched abortions and funeral home knew how to take care of women bodies after  a botched abortion. I personally know more Girls and women that had abortions prior to RvW than after.  I know the statistic is different.  For me prochoice involves a personal life or death medical situation.

So you acknowledge the personal life, and the taking of it, resulting in personal death?

I dont think I have heard it put quite that way.

Any man can count the seeds in an apple....
.......but only God can count the apples in the seeds.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 01, 2012 - 8:57PM #4
Fodaoson

Pre  Roe Vs Wade in My wife first pregnancy  ended  with burst blood vessel  in the uterus wall and a dead fetus. It did not cause spontaneous   miscarriage the dead fetus.  I came home from work at midnight and found her in a pool of blood at home.  I took her to an emergency room where they examinee her and started blood transfusions.  It took both arms receiving blood two arms to keep up with the  loss. In order to repair the blood vessel, the dead fetus had to be removed and that was an abortion that was against the law.  The risk of death in the process was very high and if it had been in course of an abortion the doctor and hospital would have been criminally liable. From eh time we arrived at the hospital, the time it took to find a judge who could issue a court hour was over two hours, In the meantime the hospital supply the right blood type was rapidly being depleted.  I knew nothing about medicine, abortions or the law.   I just knew the three doctors and several nurses were attending my wire in surgical prep room waiting for the Judge.  I knew how  much blood I  found in our bedroom and how much they were giving her in the hospital.  After the abortion and a the surgical repair they were able to stabilize her .  Two days later the Hospital Chief of staff  , our obstetrician and the hospital counsel  explained  what had occurred and  why the delay.  Four things came out a of that experience: I realized the abortion is a medical  procedure (although it is abused) , I am prochoice , I  gave blood to blood drives until  I became medically  unacceptable to donate, and because it was  court ordered the Public health service  and  the hospital covered  the  costs.

Prochoice is not a political stance, it is a sometimes needed medical procedure choice for The doctor and patient to make the choice not the State, a judge or a hospital Lawyer.

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 02, 2012 - 3:35PM #5
JRT

fodaoson ---- I sympathize with your loss and I quite agree with your position. I believe that abortion should be legal, it should be safe, it should be available and it should be the woman’s informed choice but most important of all --- it should be rare.

the floggings will continue until morale improves
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook