Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Abortion as Birth Control
3 years ago  ::  Nov 25, 2011 - 1:59PM #1
Dorothea23
Hello everyone!

I have an interesting question, and I would love to see peoples' opinions and thoughts on this. I've heard a lot of pro-choicers claim that using abortion for birth control is wrong. But I wonder what they exactly mean by this. Isn't abortion inherently birth control? Or is it something else? I wonder if the offensive part is women who's had many abortions because of repeated irresponsible (dis)use of birth control. Perhaps that is the real issue? But even then, is it wrong to use abortion as birth control? 

If it really is more about the amount of abortions, then how many abortions are too many abortions? Is there a number of abortions that begins to raise a flag, or is more about the women's situation? If so, what situations are wrong? 

I hope I formed these questions in a coherent way. It's been on my mind for awhile and I thought I might get some pretty insightful answers here! Debate away!   
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 7:17PM #2
jesse1234

"Isn't abortion inherently birth control? Or is it something else? I wonder if the offensive part is women who's had many abortions because of repeated irresponsible (dis)use of birth control. Perhaps that is the real issue? But even then, is it wrong to use abortion as birth control?"

In my opinion, abortion does not prevent pregnancy but rather terminates it.  Abortion is wrong to use as birth control as (I believe) it is wrong to play any part in socitey. When a child is concieved, his or her ontological state is beyond our perceptions to adequately reckon the child as a person or not (separate from any religious or faith-based argument that is). The fertilization of an egg marks the beginning of a process that will ultimately lead to personhood/adulthood (the potential is there), therefore abortion may take on the act of 'controlling' pregnancies but is nonetheless the extermination of life. [I realize that I am using personal pronouns to describe the fetus and i mean not to passively nor ignorantly aid my view. I simply cannot bring myself to refer to these lives as 'its']

"If it really is more about the amount of abortions, then how many abortions are too many abortions? Is there a number of abortions that begins to raise a flag, or is more about the women's situation? If so, what situations are wrong?"

One abortion is too many. A flag should be raised at the thought of exterminating life. Although the topic is delicate, even in the case of rape there are two, equally living human beings (according to my former argument).  The option of adoption is available - there are many couples who struggle to have planned pregnancies for one thing. In this case a wrong can turn out for the good (even if it is for another) instead of turning into another wrong (again according to my reasoning above).

Please respond. I am eager to dialogue with anyone.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2012 - 10:18AM #3
walkingeagles

I believe that abortion at any stage of the babies development is sinful. Humans right from conception are growing until old age and simply because that person has not passed through the birth canal does not make him/her any less human. It is almost a primative idea to think that birth is the start of human life. Birth is just another step in the growth of a person.

edited coding error

Moderated by Justme333 on Aug 08, 2012 - 12:41PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2012 - 1:30PM #4
my2cents

Nov 25, 2011 -- 1:59PM, Dorothea23 wrote:

Hello everyone!

I have an interesting question, and I would love to see peoples' opinions and thoughts on this. I've heard a lot of pro-choicers claim that using abortion for birth control is wrong. But I wonder what they exactly mean by this. Isn't abortion inherently birth control? Or is it something else? I wonder if the offensive part is women who's had many abortions because of repeated irresponsible (dis)use of birth control. Perhaps that is the real issue? But even then, is it wrong to use abortion as birth control? 

If it really is more about the amount of abortions, then how many abortions are too many abortions? Is there a number of abortions that begins to raise a flag, or is more about the women's situation? If so, what situations are wrong? 

I hope I formed these questions in a coherent way. It's been on my mind for awhile and I thought I might get some pretty insightful answers here! Debate away!   

i think the only real issue with having multiple abortions is the toll they'll take on the womans body. Well, that and money--abortions cost more than bc pills.  

Good question. I think it's inconsistent to say there is nothing morally wrong with abortions but there is with having multiple abortions. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 12:42PM #5
walkingeagles

I respect a wman who respects herself and knows that the baby in her womb is not a part of her but a totally individual life. To kill it is murder. Pro-choicers can whine and shout all they want, they are only fooling themselves and murdering babies.

edited by justme333 to conform to local guidelines

Moderated by Justme333 on Aug 07, 2012 - 12:50AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 23, 2012 - 5:03AM #6
bluehorserunning

Very few people who have ever lost an actual child would thank you to hear their loved ones compared to first-trimester pregnancies (1st trimester being when the vast majority of abortions occur).

Moderated by Justme333 on Aug 07, 2012 - 01:05AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 23, 2012 - 7:35AM #7
walkingeagles

You can call a baby in the womb what you want. It dosn't take away that it has the same number of chromosomes as you and it has it's own DNA. all at conception. All it needs is feeding and the chance to develop. Just the same as a child outside the womb.

Over 50 million killed in the womb in North America since the 1970s.

Years ago man said that blacks were not human and women were not complete.  Women could not even vote.

truth is truth, not what man thinks it is.

edited by justme333 to conform to local guidelines

edited coding error

Moderated by Justme333 on Aug 08, 2012 - 12:36PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 25, 2012 - 7:42AM #8
walkingeagles

I didn't come on here to call people names or run them down. Just to say what I think is the truth. All life is sacred not just what you think is. Because a baby passes through the birth canal  they are suddenly a human is primitive thinking.

A friend of mines wife had a baby only 23 weeks in the womb, docters were not going to incubate it. they insisted and it is now a healthy boy. Some would have let it die or even aborted it if it was still in the womb.

A child already born does not have knee caps until six months ...is he a human?

edited coding error

Moderated by Justme333 on Aug 08, 2012 - 12:37PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 07, 2012 - 1:38AM #9
bluehorserunning

Jul 25, 2012 -- 7:42AM, walkingeagles wrote:

I didn't come on here to call people names or run them down. Just to say what I think is the truth. All life is sacred not just what you think is. Because a baby passes through the birth canal  they are suddenly a human is primitive thinking.

A friend of mines wife had a baby only 23 weeks in the womb, docters were not going to incubate it. they insisted and it is now a healthy boy. Some would have let it die or even aborted it if it was still in the womb.

A child already born does not have knee caps until six months ...is he a human?

If your 'friend' had a 23 week -gestated baby that is now 'fine,' it is a miracle of modern science and is vastly, vastly against the odds - not only that it survived, but that it survived without serious deficits like mental retardation and other problems.  

Kneecaps and DNA are not what define a person. 

As for before birth vs. after birth, a pregnant woman gives the zef she carries the gift of her entire body for the time that she carries it.  It uses her heart, her lungs, her liver, her kidneys because it cannot function on its own; it is a huge burden on the woman, and if these things are not given freely as a gift, it is a huge theft.  No person at any stage of life, even after birth, has the right to demand the use of other people's organs.  Mothers and fathers cannot be compelled to donate so much as a pint of blood for their five year old, because it would infringe on their rights to bodily autonomy.  

Moderated by Justme333 on Aug 08, 2012 - 12:38PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 07, 2012 - 8:15AM #10
walkingeagles

Strange that God told Adam and Eve to go forth and multiply. Did anyone tell Him that he was making the child from day one steal from his/her mother.

Well a lot of people think your way and so millions of babies are killed.

The only difference between you and a conceived baby is you have grown, and even now there are still changes going on in you.

If you measure intelligence  to be a sign of humanity we could kill newborn babies too. A pig has more intelligence than a newborn.

edited coding error

Moderated by Justme333 on Aug 08, 2012 - 12:39PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook