Page 4 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Switch to Forum Live View the Abortion issue in Mississippi
3 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2011 - 1:54AM #31
Wanderingal

Nov 7, 2011 -- 1:43AM, withwonderingawe wrote:

Kwinters….eptopic pregnancies

That was it, the baby was planted in a vein and the doc said if it had burst I would have died in 3 min.

Yes--Ectopic pregnancies (implantation of the zygote outside the uterus) can be fatal to the mother.

I'm glad you were able to get the appropriate life-saving medical procedure at the appropriate time.

If you were living in Miss under this law you would now be dead.

These men HATE women.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2011 - 2:00AM #32
Wanderingal

Nov 7, 2011 -- 3:26PM, Ur2 wrote:

love,

Until I see the bill where it's going to put a woman's life in jeopardy, no hormonal conceptions, God's Will or the rest the junk thrown out here about this Bill... I consider most of the thread as speculation and just another place to slam Judeo-Christianity, the Right, Conservatives and the like.

It sounds as though yiou didn't read the posts from THREE separate women whose lives were saved by therapeutic abortions.

Under this bill all three of those women would now be DEAD.

Is that clear enough?

Because that is what we're talking about here.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2011 - 2:02AM #33
Wanderingal

Religion and Ethics Newsweekly had an excellent long report about this bill on this week's show.

See it as video and also access the transcript at

www.pbs.org/religionethicsnewsweekly

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2011 - 7:27AM #34
Kwinters

Nov 7, 2011 -- 1:43AM, withwonderingawe wrote:

Kwinters….eptopic pregnancies

That was it, the baby was planted in a vein and the doc said if it had burst I would have died in 3 min.

I'm so sorry.  It must have been a traumatic experience physically, emotionally and psychologically.  To have to process all that information and loss in such a short space of time.

Hug.

Jesus had two dads, and he turned out alright.~ Andy Gussert

“Feminism has fought no wars. It has killed no opponents. It has set up no concentration camps, starved no enemies, practiced no cruelties. Its battles have been for education, for the vote, for better working conditions…for safety on the streets…for child care, for social welfare…for rape crisis centers, women’s refuges, reforms in the law.

If someone says, “Oh, I’m not a feminist,” I ask, “Why, what’s your problem?”

Dale Spender
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2011 - 7:30AM #35
Kwinters

Nov 7, 2011 -- 10:57AM, withwonderingawe wrote:

Nov 7, 2011 -- 9:23AM, Druac wrote:

More of the far right trying to force their morals and beliefs on the rest through legislation. Every chance they think they can get away with it or push it, they do. It shows just how STUPID they can be in their blind ignorance. If they could have their way we would be living under an oppressive Christian Theocracy.

On the other hand as a God fearing person I don’t like the idea of my tax dollars being used to pay for medically unnecessary abortions.

Tax dollars have not been used to fund elective abortions since at least the Hyde Amendment and any one telling you different is just trying to take your money.

“Feminism has fought no wars. It has killed no opponents. It has set up no concentration camps, starved no enemies, practiced no cruelties. Its battles have been for education, for the vote, for better working conditions…for safety on the streets…for child care, for social welfare…for rape crisis centers, women’s refuges, reforms in the law.

Dale Spender
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2011 - 7:34AM #36
Kwinters

Nov 7, 2011 -- 3:16PM, loveontheair wrote:

Hello,

If you want to use abortion as convienence and birth controll or scientic discovery than I am fully against it. If however, you want to protect the mother's life, than I am in favor. Only in this senerio do I approve. My $.02

love

How many women in your life say they use abortion as birth control?  1? 5?

I've never met a single woman who uses abortion as birth control. 

The idea is simply ridiculous.

First of all, an abortion is an invasive medical procedure that has risk. Second, there are not many places where women can easily obtain abortions.  Third, many states have waiting periods making it more difficult to access an abortion especially from a long distance. Fourth, abortion is expensive in comparison to birth control.

So please tell me, does ANYONE here have a friend or sister who uses abortion as birth control.

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Right, can we just stop repeating that nonsense now then?

Dale Spender
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2011 - 3:48PM #37
Wanderingal

Nov 7, 2011 -- 3:26PM, Ur2 wrote:

love,

Until I see the bill where it's going to put a woman's life in jeopardy, no hormonal conceptions, God's Will or the rest the junk thrown out here about this Bill... I consider most of the thread as speculation and just another place to slam Judeo-Christianity, the Right, Conservatives and the like.

If you really do want to see the initiative--

The text is on wikipedia.

Just use this link

www.wiki.com 

or www.ballot.pedia  

And type in"Mississippi life begins at fertilization initiative "

That will give you the text plus the legal opinions on the initiative plus the consequences of such a bill.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2011 - 4:00PM #38
docwitchy

This kind of legislation frightens me. I will not perform a purely elective abortion because I am personally opposed to it. But I will perform, and have performed, abortions in order to save life, or because a fetus is badly deformed or defective. And I have performed several in cases of rape. This law would, I believe, criminalize much of that. There is no chance of something like this happening in Massachusetts, but that it can happen in any state bothers me a lot. I'm sure there will be court challenges.

Mariah

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2011 - 4:01PM #39
Armwar

But it will be overturned very fast in the SC by guess what?  Civil rights violations and the SUPREMACY CLAUSE!  lol

(or else communities can ban mosques)

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2011 - 4:32PM #40
Erey

Well hopefully these folks in Missippi can get a clue about a fertilized egg being a person.

I don't go for the whole until birth thing because then we would be capriciously aborting 7 and 8 month old pregnancies capriciously and I can't support that.

I just like the way things were -

elective abortion in the first trimester - after that only in cases of medical necessity on the part of the mother or the unborn child. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook