Post Reply
Page 7 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Switch to Forum Live View Humans Are Wired to Respond to Animals
3 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2011 - 3:44PM #61
CharikIeia
Posts: 8,301

Sep 20, 2011 -- 9:14AM, Wanderingal wrote:


That's it? Your "rebuttal" to the science introduced?


Some weak attempts at "insults"?


What a "scientist."



Yet again but hollow nothingness.


Even now, directly and specifically challenged, you bring nothing.


Except the usual hot air, of course.


You seem to think that anything you posted somehow refuted something I wrote.


Challenged to make this fuzziness concrete, you show but evasive tap-dancing.


Why can't you afford concreteness?

tl;dr
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2011 - 3:56PM #62
DotNotInOz
Posts: 6,833

Sep 20, 2011 -- 9:56AM, Wanderingal wrote:


Sorry Ariel--biut that's not what science says.


Not at all.


Emotions are caused by the creation of chemicals in the brain and other organs of the body in response to the external environment.


Like Fear as the product of adrenaline which is the reaction to external (threatening) stimuli.


And mother's love for her child is the result of the production of oxytocin which is produced when an infant nurses.


(and by the uterus during/after childbirth as well as during/after orgasm.)


It's science and it's proven fact.




Then, by extension, that would mean that women unable to conceive or nurse who become foster or adoptive mothers can't love their children because they're biologically incapable of doing so.


That doesn't make sense.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 21, 2011 - 10:14PM #63
Idbc
Posts: 4,597

 


Sep 20, 2011 -- 9:56AM, Wanderingal wrote:


Sorry Ariel--biut that's not what science says.


Not at all.


Emotions are caused by the creation of chemicals in the brain and other organs of the body in response to the external environment.


Like Fear as the product of adrenaline which is the reaction to external (threatening) stimuli.


And mother's love for her child is the result of the production of oxytocin which is produced when an infant nurses.


(and by the uterus during/after childbirth as well as during/after orgasm.)


It's science and it's proven fact.




Then, by extension, that would mean that women unable to conceive or nurse who become foster or adoptive mothers can't love their children because they're biologically incapable of doing so.


That doesn't make sense.





No, that is not by extensison mean that women who are unbable to conceive or nurse or foster or adoptive mothers can't love their children.   Men certainly do love their children and they do not concieve or nurse their children.  


Both males and females produce oxytocin.  It acts as a bonding agent. 


"Recent studies have begun to investigate oxytocin's role in various behaviors,
including orgasm, social recognition, pair bonding, anxiety, and maternal behaviors.[2] For
this reason, it is sometimes referred to as the "love hormone".[


 


The amount of oxytocin is usually increased when a woman is pregnant and in labor.  It has been found that women who suffer from post partum depression have low levels of oxytocin. 


 External conditions can produce an automatic flood of hormones such as adrenaline in dangersous situations.   However at least in some cases these can be overidden.  Think of fireman going into a fire.   There are also people who like to enage is activites that produce a rush of adrelaine wether it is going to a scary movie or jumping out of a perfectly good airplane with a parachute. 


 



HAVE A THINKING DAY MAY REASON GUIDE YOU
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 22, 2011 - 6:29PM #64
Erey
Posts: 19,149

speaking of hormones and other mood altering chemicals there is an article today on CNN about how when a man becomes a father his testosterone level has a tendancy to drop.  The lower testosterone means he is less likely to run around trying to bed lots of women or pick fights with other testosterone laden males.  Obviously some men keep thier high testosterone levels well into fatherhood. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 24, 2011 - 12:02AM #65
mytmouse57
Posts: 9,782

Sep 20, 2011 -- 9:56AM, Wanderingal wrote:


Sorry Ariel--biut that's not what science says.


Not at all.


Emotions are caused by the creation of chemicals in the brain and other organs of the body in response to the external environment.


Like Fear as the product of adrenaline which is the reaction to external (threatening) stimuli.


And mother's love for her child is the result of the production of oxytocin which is produced when an infant nurses.


(and by the uterus during/after childbirth as well as during/after orgasm.)


It's science and it's proven fact.


We are animals and have the bodies of animals--regardless what our egos try to tell us....


It's been proved by scientific measurement that other mammal mothers have oxytocin production in their bodies when they  nuse their young too....


 





We are biologicaly animals.


That has nothing to do with our essential selves. We are not only our biology. To assert so is, well... purely emotional.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 24, 2011 - 12:07AM #66
mytmouse57
Posts: 9,782

Sep 22, 2011 -- 6:29PM, Erey wrote:


speaking of hormones and other mood altering chemicals there is an article today on CNN about how when a man becomes a father his testosterone level has a tendancy to drop.  The lower testosterone means he is less likely to run around trying to bed lots of women or pick fights with other testosterone laden males.  Obviously some men keep thier high testosterone levels well into fatherhood. 





Two questions -- maybe men with lower testosterone levels are more apt to get married/have kids in the first place?


Also, the levels tend to drop with age anyway. So, if you say, subject X's testosterone levels dropped during the course of the study -- how do we know it wasn't simply because of the passage of time?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 24, 2011 - 12:09AM #67
mytmouse57
Posts: 9,782

Sep 21, 2011 -- 10:14PM, Idbc wrote:


 


Sep 20, 2011 -- 9:56AM, Wanderingal wrote:


Sorry Ariel--biut that's not what science says.


Not at all.


Emotions are caused by the creation of chemicals in the brain and other organs of the body in response to the external environment.


Like Fear as the product of adrenaline which is the reaction to external (threatening) stimuli.


And mother's love for her child is the result of the production of oxytocin which is produced when an infant nurses.


(and by the uterus during/after childbirth as well as during/after orgasm.)


It's science and it's proven fact.




Then, by extension, that would mean that women unable to conceive or nurse who become foster or adoptive mothers can't love their children because they're biologically incapable of doing so.


That doesn't make sense.





No, that is not by extensison mean that women who are unbable to conceive or nurse or foster or adoptive mothers can't love their children.   Men certainly do love their children and they do not concieve or nurse their children.  


Both males and females produce oxytocin.  It acts as a bonding agent. 


"Recent studies have begun to investigate oxytocin's role in various behaviors,
including orgasm, social recognition, pair bonding, anxiety, and maternal behaviors.[2] For
this reason, it is sometimes referred to as the "love hormone".[


 


The amount of oxytocin is usually increased when a woman is pregnant and in labor.  It has been found that women who suffer from post partum depression have low levels of oxytocin. 


 External conditions can produce an automatic flood of hormones such as adrenaline in dangersous situations.   However at least in some cases these can be overidden.  Think of fireman going into a fire.   There are also people who like to enage is activites that produce a rush of adrelaine wether it is going to a scary movie or jumping out of a perfectly good airplane with a parachute. 


 







Or, to bring the subject back to our interactions with animals -- you can also get an adrenlaine rush by going out and pissing off a really big animal with lots of teeth.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 7 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook