Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View The dreaded "N" word: Get over it! It's just a word!
3 years ago  ::  Aug 08, 2011 - 10:05PM #11
voice-crying

If the word: "nigger" is not offensive to you then I suppose it would be ok for you to tell your friends that if they call "nigger" that you won't be upset.  Most people would rather be called by their name or nickname.  When I was a young girl one of my friends would always call me pretty (every time she saw me), instead of by my name, and then one day my cousin called me ugly and I laughed, because I had a mirror.  When you explain your heritage and then say you're not offended when called the dreaded "N" word, I wonder what are you really saying!

"Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."Proverbs 18:21
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 08, 2011 - 10:33PM #12
Tamal108

Voice,

I'm sorry. I'm not really sure I understand your reply. Perhaps you can clarify. My apologies. All I am trying to say is that because we identify with these bodies (due to nationality, race, and religion) certain words and terms can disturb us. But if we simply identify as the spirit, which we ultimately are, these words will seem like paper bullets. I apologize to everyone if I haven't been so articulate.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 08, 2011 - 11:30PM #13
voice-crying

Aug 8, 2011 -- 10:33PM, Tamal108 wrote:

Voice,

I'm sorry. I'm not really sure I understand your reply. Perhaps you can clarify. My apologies. All I am trying to say is that because we identify with these bodies (due to nationality, race, and religion) certain words and terms can disturb us. But if we simply identify as the spirit, which we ultimately are, these words will seem like paper bullets. I apologize to everyone if I haven't been so articulate.

My reply was out of line; I came back to this thread to remove it; but, I was slower than your reply (back to me).  I apologize for what I said.  I did not read your post (number one) carefully. 

I'm in my late sixties and I have only been called a nigger once in my life.  I never will forget...it, was from a car load of young white boys...as they speed pass me in a car.  I thought...crazy kids!  (Human beings are a spirit, we live in a body and we have a soul.  We can't see our spirits or our souls.)  What we and others see is our body and it is not the duty of the victim [of hate speech] to ignore the victimizer.  Anyone who is called a derogatory term in this day and age should file a complaint.  The word nigger is just a filler.

"Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."Proverbs 18:21
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook