Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
3 years ago  ::  Apr 23, 2011 - 11:18PM #21
Ebon

Apr 21, 2011 -- 2:24AM, Paravani wrote:

What I find difficult to comprehend is that 99.9% of Americans aren't  even aware that the CNP card exists, never mind that all the rest of  the world is using it.

Ebon, we can't PAY our banks to issue CNP cards to us.  I know --  I've looked everywhere for a bank that will issue them to ordinary  account holders, even for a fee, and there isn't one.

Not only that, but most American BANKERS don't know about them!  The  media moghuls don't want us to have them, so they don't tell us about  them -- after all, what Americans don't know about, they won't demand,  will they?

Blows my mind. It's quite difficult here to get a card that isn't CNP, they're generally only issued to people with disabilities that prevent them using CNP. Out of curiosity, I actually checked with my bank last time we discussed this and my bank will issue them but if you're not disabled, you have to pay £15 for them because they have to be made specially.

There is no stronger example I know of to prove that our media is  anything but fair, unbiased, and truthful.  It's not -- it's the worst  case of a money-controlled, pure propaganda machine that exists in the  "free" world.

Basede purely on the media that gets exported here, I'd agree with that. Far from having a "liberal bias", it's the most conservative media in the western world.

We will likely never see anything similar here, because the media  sources that might galvanize people to enact such a law are already  controlled by the very people who would lose money if such a law were  enacted.

Our only hope may be Twitter.

The internet has been the great equaliser in terms of communication. That's why the PtB are now trying to clamp down on it by promoting false "net neutrality".

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2011 - 2:34AM #22
Paravani

Hi, All!

Hi, Ebon!

Apr 23, 2011 -- 11:18PM, Ebon wrote:

Blows my mind. It's quite difficult here to get a card that isn't CNP, they're generally only issued to people with disabilities that prevent them using CNP. Out of curiosity, I actually checked with my bank last time we discussed this and my bank will issue them but if you're not disabled, you have to pay £15 for them because they have to be made specially

Not a problem.  Just contact your local credit-card fraudster, and they'll set you up with a new mag-stripe card lickety-split.

Plain ol' magnetic stripe cards are so easy to clone, fraudsters set up factories in the trunks of their cars.  (You would say "the boots" of their cars.)  All they need is a skimmer to read the information off the stripe of a card that's been swiped, and they're set to go.  Since the info isn't encrypted, they don't need a PIN to decrypt it -- they can just copy it onto a new card, and boom!  You're set.

Or, they can read the information, copy it onto another card, and use it to steal your identity.  After all, they'll have your name and all your banking information...  and if you use your card in an ATM, they may have a hidden micro-camera to record your PIN, too.  Then they can empty your bank account as well as steal your identity.  Cool!

Yes, that's the REAL advantage to magnetic-stripe cards:  ease of skimming and cloning and identity theft, so you need never worry that you're the only person in the world who has a copy of YOUR card, or the only person who is using YOUR name!  

/sarcasm

... Which is why the CnP card is now the standard in all other developed nations, and why credit-card fraudsters from all over the world have been flocking to the US.  We've become the only game in town for credit-card skimming, and our fraud costs are going through the roof.

But hey, the banks all carry fraud insurance, and apparently they think it's cheaper than supplying us with "high-tech" (I know, it's old tech to you) CNP cards.  Mag-stripe cards only cost 10 cents each or something like that, and CNP cards cost a whole $2!

They claim the switchover will cause the merchants large infrastructure costs, too, but that's bogus.  The CNP card is so ubiquitous in all other nations that the companies that make credit card machines no longer manufacture machines that only take "swipe" cards.  Nowadays all new machines are equipped with CNP readers, too.

One of our nations biggest retailers, Wal-Mart, has issued several press statements that it is ready and eager to accept CNP cards for all purchases.  Wal-Mart is apparently tired of credit card fraud, so it has been vigorously campaigning for the switchover to CNP.

(For Americans who don't know what a CNP reader looks like, check the  front of the card readers at Wal-Mart.  You'll see a slot just big  enough to insert the "chip" end of a credit card, and below the slot  will be a little picture of the end of a card with a square to represent  the chip.)

*sigh*

Love,

-- Claudia

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook