Post Reply
Page 7 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Switch to Forum Live View Prostitution in Nevada
3 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2011 - 3:35PM #61
Yavanna
Posts: 3,149

Mar 7, 2011 -- 5:01PM, MMarcoe wrote:


Mar 7, 2011 -- 4:49PM, Yavanna wrote:


Mar 7, 2011 -- 4:45PM, MMarcoe wrote:


Mar 7, 2011 -- 4:00PM, mountain_man wrote:


Mar 7, 2011 -- 3:37PM, MMarcoe wrote:

And it supports my case, not yours.


I understand your need to believe that, but you have not posted anything that supports your argument. You just made some claims.





As have you. All you ever post, it seems, are claims. Did you offer anything to back up your own assertions?


I know several folks who've paid for sex, and I can tell you they are crawling with issues -- anger, objectification of women, sex addiction, and more. Paying for sex only makes these things worse for them because it gives them a feeling of control over their issues that they think is real, but which is actually enabling those issues instead.


That's the thing about paying for a service that is typically available for free. It attracts people who use it to feel a sense of control, which is actually self-defeating for them.


 




When these people paid for sex, did they do so legally or illegally?





Illegally. But it doesn't matter. If it were done legally, they would feel that their actions were "okay," when in fact they would just be trying to legitimize their self-enabling.


 




Then you're comparing apples and oranges. A thief can buy a television or he can steal one. According to you, there's no difference how he should feel.


We need to focus on legal, healthy acts here.

The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
While hammers fell like ringing bells
In places deep, where dark things sleep,
In hollow halls beneath the fells.

For ancient king and elvish lord
There many a gloaming golden hoard
They shaped and wrought, and light they caught
To hide in gems on hilt of sword.
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2011 - 7:10PM #62
andrewcyrus
Posts: 4,253

Mar 6, 2011 -- 4:46PM, Yavanna wrote:

news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_nevada_prostituti...

Harry Reid's off-handed comments have sparked quite a debate in the only state with legalized prostitution. What do you think? Should it be legal state-wide or should it be removed entirely?




It's Harry's last term before his next journey to meet his maker. If he had mentioned this during his election he would have lost.


It should be legal statewide, controlled, taxed and monitored for STD's. If not it happens anyway and disease and an underground economy spreads. We put passive people in jail who don't really belong there, and they present huge burdens to the tax payers.


Same thing for Marijuana, should be legalized. Passive criminals, single moms and children who become wards of the state should be released. America needs to deprt the reason for south american drug lords being on american soil.


 


 


 


 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 13, 2011 - 3:58AM #63
karbie
Posts: 3,329

I ran across a line once that describes Reid's sudden problem with prostitution being legal in parts of Nevada. It's called "Buying fire insurance" by either starting a crusade against something or leaving all his money to a charity or a church.


It's just funny when a politician goes after prostitution when the professions have so much in common, except politicians can screw more people, more thoroughly, and for a longer measure of time than any single prostitute or cat house can. Politicians don't even bother to care about whether or not any of their clients got any pleasure as long as they can make themselves look bigger.

"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 20, 2011 - 2:53PM #64
Merope
Posts: 9,586

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone.


 

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2012 - 1:45AM #65
Estacia
Posts: 2,209

It does'nt matter, People have vices. If one wants drugs they get it. Sex too of course no matter how dirty it is!!!


Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 11, 2012 - 12:31PM #66
klm
Posts: 520

Mar 6, 2011 -- 8:19PM, Christianlib wrote:


Mar 6, 2011 -- 5:39PM, REteach wrote:


My biggest problem with prostitution is that a disproportionate number (not all, of course) of professional sex workers were sexually abused.  




 


Absolutely true.  But, how does making criminals out of those women prevent any abuse that occurred earlier in their lives?





So true.   keeping  prostitution illegal doesn't make past abuse any less painful.   If a women, or man for that matter, want to engage in this trade I say go for it.  What you do with your own body is your business.   


There are pros and cons though.    Government interference.   Which on the one hand is good, making sure everyoen is healthy enough so as not to spread sickness.   On the other hand the chance the government will impose too many regulations thereby not keeping it profitable.  Government has a way of nickle and diming you to death.


 


 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 7 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook