Page 2 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Switch to Forum Live View South Dakota's new abortion law
4 years ago  ::  Mar 03, 2011 - 12:00PM #11
mountain_man

Mar 3, 2011 -- 11:14AM, Girlchristian wrote:

Very true. Although at the end of the day, women have the power when it comes to sex and no woman should be choosing to have sex without protection unless she's attempting to get pregnant. If a woman says, "I'm not having sex with you without a condom" the man will find a way to get one or will put the one on that she gives him. My dad always said if you're not mature enough to carry condoms with you and tell a man to use one, then you're not mature enough to have sex.

So, at the end of this day you want to force a woman that is not mature enough to have sex to raise a child? That makes no sense.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 03, 2011 - 12:03PM #12
Girlchristian

Mar 3, 2011 -- 12:00PM, mountain_man wrote:

Mar 3, 2011 -- 11:14AM, Girlchristian wrote:

Very true. Although at the end of the day, women have the power when it comes to sex and no woman should be choosing to have sex without protection unless she's attempting to get pregnant. If a woman says, "I'm not having sex with you without a condom" the man will find a way to get one or will put the one on that she gives him. My dad always said if you're not mature enough to carry condoms with you and tell a man to use one, then you're not mature enough to have sex.

So, at the end of this day you want to force a woman that is not mature enough to have sex to raise a child? That makes no sense.

Where in my post did I say that?

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 03, 2011 - 12:04PM #13
Christianlib

It is the inevitable conclusion to be drawn from your arguments.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 03, 2011 - 12:08PM #14
mountain_man

Mar 3, 2011 -- 12:03PM, Girlchristian wrote:

Then you are ready to say that it is OK for women that did not use condems to have an abortion?

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 03, 2011 - 12:10PM #15
Girlchristian

Mar 3, 2011 -- 12:08PM, mountain_man wrote:

Mar 3, 2011 -- 12:03PM, Girlchristian wrote:

Then you are ready to say that it is OK for women that did not use condems to have an abortion?

No, but I'm also not ready to say that it shouldn't be legal for them to do so. Which means you're assumption that I want to or would force a woman to have the child is wrong.

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 03, 2011 - 12:11PM #16
Girlchristian

Mar 3, 2011 -- 12:04PM, Christianlib wrote:

It is the inevitable conclusion to be drawn from your arguments.

No, it's not. Saying that women should use protection if they're not ready to have a child is not the same as saying I would or want to force a woman to have a baby.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 03, 2011 - 12:15PM #17
Christianlib

This is not the place for me to try to teach logic.  Pick up a text or take a class.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 03, 2011 - 12:21PM #18
mountain_man

Mar 3, 2011 -- 12:10PM, Girlchristian wrote:

No, but I'm also not ready to say that it shouldn't be legal for them to do so. Which means you're assumption that I want to or would force a woman to have the child is wrong.

No, it does not. If that's what you wanted to say, you should have chosen your words better. The way you worded it says that since they were not mature enough to use a condom they should not have had sex, but since they did and that they got pregnant they should not be getting an abortion.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 03, 2011 - 12:28PM #19
Girlchristian

Mar 3, 2011 -- 12:21PM, mountain_man wrote:

Mar 3, 2011 -- 12:10PM, Girlchristian wrote:

No, it does not. If that's what you wanted to say, you should have chosen your words better. The way you worded it says that since they were not mature enough to use a condom they should not have had sex, but since they did and that they got pregnant they should not be getting an abortion.

No, all I said is what I bolded as advice my father gave me, the rest (underlined) is what you read and not at all what I said or implied. You might want to try basing your posts on what people actually say only.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 03, 2011 - 12:29PM #20
Girlchristian

Mar 3, 2011 -- 12:15PM, Christianlib wrote:

This is not the place for me to try to teach logic.  Pick up a text or take a class.

No, apparently this is the place for you to throw out one-liners and attempt to insult people. Very christ-like....

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook