Switch to Forum Live View Are jw's pro choice*?
4 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2011 - 8:28AM #1
matica

Since I was asked on another topic if I was pro choice* because I pay taxes. So I'll open it up so that one person can talk about it since they bought it up.

The taxes you pay go to fund planned parenthood, who gets several grants to perform abortions. Even jw's pay these taxes.

You say that you speak out about abortion through your peridodicals, but that's all you do, or is it?

Do you keep up on current bills being pushed through that support abortion....no

Do you call your representatives and congressman to speak out against abortion......no

Do you have charity programs to talk with non jw's to convince young mothers to keep their babies.....no

Do you have charitable organizations set up to help and aid young mothers who are looking at abortion as an option....no

Do your couples use contraceptives......yes

Do you insist mothers let their babies die if the mother should need a blood transfusion....yes

Do jw's support candidates that support abortion(by refusing to vote against them)......yes

-----
* Edited thread title and opening post to reflect the "Local Board Guidelines"

Moderated by MSaraTemp on Mar 02, 2011 - 11:43AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 18, 2011 - 1:47PM #2
MarleneEmmett5

Mar 1, 2011 -- 8:28AM, matica wrote:

Since I was asked on another topic if I was pro choice* because I pay taxes. So I'll open it up so that one person can talk about it since they bought it up.

The taxes you pay go to fund planned parenthood, who gets several grants to perform abortions. Even jw's pay these taxes.

You say that you speak out about abortion through your peridodicals, but that's all you do, or is it?

Do you keep up on current bills being pushed through that support abortion....no

Do you call your representatives and congressman to speak out against abortion......no

Do you have charity programs to talk with non jw's to convince young mothers to keep their babies.....no

Do you have charitable organizations set up to help and aid young mothers who are looking at abortion as an option....no

Do your couples use contraceptives......yes

Do you insist mothers let their babies die if the mother should need a blood transfusion....yes

Do jw's support candidates that support abortion(by refusing to vote against them)......yes

-----
* Edited thread title and opening post to reflect the "Local Board Guidelines"

You asked if Jews are "Pro Choice"?

I'm Jewish and I'm Pro Life, Pro Adoption~ But NOT PRO ABORTION.
I was 18 when I had an abortion~ And it wasn't my choice~ it was my Parent's orders.
Now I found this whole thing to be very strange.
The reason is my parents ADOPTED me at the age of one month after my real mom gave me up~ I was born in 1954 when you only heard of "Back room abortions"
I guess you could consider me "Pro Choice"~ But I would chose to have my child and
then give that child up to a childless couple who is suffering from fertility problems.

Nobody agrees with everyone all the time. We disagree with a politions stand on some issues~ I don't agree with Republicians when it comes to the War or on funding being
stripped from the arts/education just to fund the War.

When it comes to the subject of Abortion my thinking is more  Catholic than Jewish.
In my book Abortion is  tatamount to Murder.
Abortions kill children but they also kill the women having them~Abortions STRIP a women
of all of her feelings ~and nothing can replace these feelings.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2011 - 6:55PM #3
MSaraTemp

Mar 18, 2011 -- 1:47PM, MarleneEmmett5 wrote:

You asked if Jews are "Pro Choice"?

No, the person is not referring to Jews but instead is referring to the Jehovah Witnesses. AKA JWs.

ME << I'm Jewish and I'm Pro Life, Pro Adoption~ But NOT PRO ABORTION.
I was 18 when I had an abortion~ And it wasn't my choice~ it was my Parent's orders.
Now I found this whole thing to be very strange.
The reason is my parents ADOPTED me at the age of one month after my real mom gave me up~ I was born in 1954 when you only heard of "Back room abortions" I guess you could consider me "Pro Choice"~ But I would chose to have my child and then give that child up to a childless couple who is suffering from fertility problems.  >>

All the more reason for each individual woman to decide what's best for her own particular circumstances, desires, situations, and what she wants for her own life regarding her lifetime.  But please realize that not all adopted [or foster] parents make great parents.  In fact some have killed their adopted or foster children.  And for many women who did chose adoption, have worse feelings about having adopted out their children and carry a worse burden within themselves then those who've chosen abortions.

ME << Nobody agrees with everyone all the time. We disagree with a politions stand on some issues~ I don't agree with Republicians when it comes to the War or on funding being
stripped from the arts/education just to fund the War. >>

And a fine reason for those same "politicans" and those who are against both Birth Control and abortion [meaning those not so "PLers" and religious leaders] to stay out of the business of dictating to American female citizens when it comes to their Personal & very PRIVATE "Reproductive" issues and rights.  No "politician" or "religious leader" or other citizens can ever walk in someone else's shoes and then claim to know what's best for the person whose shoes they never walked in or will never walk in.

ME << When it comes to the subject of Abortion my thinking is more  Catholic than Jewish.
In my book Abortion is  tatamount to Murder.  >>

Well Jews take the already living woman into serious consideration over a potential life since that same woman can always try to conceive another child whereas the woman herself will never get another chance of being reborn.  Once she's dead, well she's just plain old dead.

ME << Abortions kill children but they also kill the women having them~Abortions STRIP a women of all of her feelings ~and nothing can replace these feelings.  >>

I am truly sorry for all you've experienced in the past and with your parents but not all women feel the same way.  Because the majority of women don't feel the same way as you personally do regarding their own choice to terminate their own pregnancies. Which makes it a bit melodramatic and overly emotional to say that it 'STRIPS' a woman "of all her feelings."
Women have all sorts of many, many feelings.  But please, stop projecting your life's situation and unfortunate circumstance with what happened to you personally unto all other women cause it just doesn't work that way.  Whether that decision was made as a teenager, as a young woman or even as an older woman who already has other children, their decision was a relief for them and they didn't/don't feel that their abortions 'STRIPPED' them of any feelings other then complete relief. 
For those in the minority that were/are troubled or tore over their abortion, is generally because in their life they already experienced turmoil or their life was presently in turmoil due to other issues within their lives and then blame their troubles, feelings, etc. on their abortions.  For example those who experienced horrible childhoods who later on abused drugs or alcohol or many times both, or perhaps went through incest or stranger rape and/or other forms of child abuse, etc. can't actually blame an abortion on all their mental anguish yet some do.

What was/is good or bad for you does not mean it would be the same for the rest of us and vice-versa.  To each, her own.  Or "This above all, to thine own self be true."

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2011 - 9:33PM #4
MarleneEmmett5

MaraSaratemp:
then the person should have stated "Jehovah Witness".

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 20, 2011 - 3:37PM #5
MSaraTemp

Marlene, most people are aware that "JW" [or JWs, "the JWs" or "the JW"] stand for the Jehovah Witnesses.

If one were referring to Jewish people as "the Jews" then there would be a letter "e" included.
Plus, I've never seen "Jew" or "Jews" ever shorten to "JW" at all.

Thus the difference.  JW does not mean Jews.  Big difference.

TY,
MS

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook