Page 7 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Switch to Forum Live View Nebraska Bill Would Make Killing An Abortion Provider Justifiable Homicide
3 years ago  ::  Jun 27, 2011 - 10:24AM #61
watcher59

Silly me. I didn't source check before I posted. The first line of the text specifically addresses self defense and extending protection to unborn children.

Everyone can relax; THE SKY IN NOT FALLING!

How strangely will the Tools of a Tyrant pervert the plain Meaning of Words!
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 27, 2011 - 11:04AM #62
anidominus

Is this law neccessary?  I doubt it.  I don't think any women would be arrested for protecting her unborn child. 

Is this a political stunt?  Probably.

Would this law endanger the lives of Abortion Doctors?  No.  

If find it amazing how people believe the government is not extremist enough to arrest a woman for protecting her unborn child when there is no law preventing them for doing so.  Yet these same peole will beleive the government is extremist enough to not allow the prosecution of people who kill abortion doctors when abortion is legal in every state.

Is there any reason why this kind of law would be necessary?  Yes.  It's one thing to assume a woman would never be arrested for "Defending the life of her unborn child" but its another to have it in black and white.

One of the problems with the abortion issue is that it has for all practical purposes made the fetus property.  In certain circumstances you can't kill someone for harming property.  Would a woman ever be expected to judge the diffrence between a person attempting to kill an unborn child vs herself?  I doubt it once again.  To make such a distinction during a heated argument etc would be nearly impossible.  If the person had a bat or any other such weapon you could easily assume they were aiming to kill you making this law pointless.  However, a person swining with a fist may be a diffrent issue, but you can be beat someone to death with your fists.

I think the group of people who should be most anxious about a bill like this getting passed is boyfriends who have pregnant girfriends they are not getting along with.  How easy would it be , after she kills him, for her to say, "He was trying to kill my baby", when in fact he just got mad enough to push her down.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 7 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook