Switch to Forum Live View Who Is Going To Arrest The Guy Who Asked: Who Is Going To Shoot Obama?
3 years ago  ::  Feb 25, 2011 - 7:35PM #1
voice-crying

As though it was a pigeon or a deer...
who!  Was the question; followed by laugher. 

www.dailykos.com/story/2011/02/25/949559...-

What does this crowd of hunters suppose will happen when they are held accountable for their words or deeds?

"Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."Proverbs 18:21
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 25, 2011 - 7:42PM #2
voice-crying

So! Congressman Paul Broun;

the man asked you a question. 

You thought it was funny...ha, ha!

Have you no shame

"Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."Proverbs 18:21
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 06, 2011 - 6:38AM #3
Jay_doubts310

i noticed  no one answered this thread, probably because you forget that this man was just talking. obviously he didn't try anything....so the question is, why are you asking for a man to get arrested for making a dumb comment? read the constitution and try not to post any ignorant comments like that again =)....jeez i'm a communist and i'm schooling you on the constitution...what is this world coming to???

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 06, 2011 - 9:49AM #4
voice-crying

Jul 6, 2011 -- 6:38AM, Jay_doubts310 wrote:

i noticed  no one answered this thread, probably because you forget that this man was just talking. obviously he didn't try anything....so the question is, why are you asking for a man to get arrested for making a dumb comment? read the constitution and try not to post any ignorant comments like that again =)....jeez i'm a communist and i'm schooling you on the constitution...what is this world coming to???

Did you hear about the so called hacked Fox twitter account?  www.npr.org/2011/07/04/137607981/fox-new...

I'm guessing that President Obama has received 75% more death threats than any other president in the history of the USA.

It is my intention to make sure that the world knows what we think of our leader.

Thank you for responding to this thread.

Threatening the President of the United States is a class D felony under United States Code Title 18, Section 871. It consists of knowingly and willfully mailing or otherwise making "any threat to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm upon the President of the United States". The United States Secret Service investigates suspected violations of this law and monitors those who have a history of threatening the President. Because the offense consists of pure speech, the courts have issued rulings attempting to balance the government's interest in protecting the President with free speech rights under the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States. According to Stalking, Threatening, and Attacking Public Figures, "Hundreds of celebrity howlers threaten the President of the United States every year, sometimes because they disagree with his policies, but more often just because he is the President."[1] The United States Attorneys' Manual states that the Terrorism and Violent Crime Section has supervisory authority over Section 871 cases.[2]

The prototype for Section 871 was the British Treason Act 1351, which made it a crime to "compass or imagine" the death of the King. Convictions under 18 U.S.C. § 871 have been sustained for declaring that "President Wilson ought to be killed. It is a wonder some one has not done it already. If I had an opportunity, I would do it myself.";[3] and for declaring that "Wilson is a wooden-headed son of a bitch. I wish Wilson was in hell, and if I had the power I would put him there."[4] In a later era, a conviction was sustained for displaying posters urging passersby to "hang [President] Roosevelt".[5] There has been some controversy among the federal appellate courts as to how the term "willfully" should be interpreted. Traditional legal interpretations of the term are reflected by Black's Law Dictionary's definition, which includes descriptions such as "malicious, done with evil intent, or with a bad motive or purpose," but most courts have adopted a more easily-proven standard. For instance, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit held that a threat was knowingly made if the maker comprehended the meaning of the words uttered by him. It was willingly made, if in addition to comprehending the meaning of his words, the maker voluntarily and intentionally uttered them as a declaration of apparent determination to carry them into execution.[6] According to the U.S. Attorney's Manual, "Of the individuals who come to the Secret Service's attention as creating a possible danger to one of their protectees, approximately 75 percent are mentally ill."[2]

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook