Switch to Forum Live View The Price of being "Progressive"
4 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2011 - 9:03PM #1
Ur2

This is what being "Progressive" and "Abortion-on-Demand" has done for America. How many more are there?

From the article:

KUHNER: The fetal solution

Victims of American hedonism counted in millions of unborn

www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/jan/20...

A Philadelphia abortion doctor, Kermit Gosnell, was arrested Wednesday along with his wife and eight other suspects. The 69-year-old abortionist is charged with causing the death of a woman during a botched abortion and also killing seven babies. Prosecutors say the infants were born alive following illegal late-term abortions and then were murdered by having their spinal cords ripped apart with scissors.

Yet this is not an isolated incident. In fact, it is only the tip of the abortion iceberg. The media is deliberately downplaying the story for one simple reason: There are hundreds of similar abortion clinics across the country. Exposing what takes place in facilities run by the likes of Dr. Gosnell would shock voters into taking decisive action to make abortion illegal. This is why the killing of innocent unborn children is done largely away from public view. It is a creeping, hidden genocide that can continue only if the fiction of abortion being a "medical procedure" is maintained.

Thanx,

Ur2

Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The next best thing to being clever is being able to quote someone who is.

"Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except it ain't so."
Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2011 - 9:19PM #2
Agnosticspirit

Gosnell doesn't deserve to be called "Doctor". The horrendous conditions he operated in are one of the reasons why abortion should remain safe and legal. 

Regardless of your position on whether abortion should be legal or not, this thread is being moved from the US News & Politics forum to the Abortion Debate forum. 

Agnosticspirit - Bnet Community cohost USNP

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2011 - 9:34PM #3
MysticWanderer

Jan 20, 2011 -- 9:03PM, Ur2 wrote:

This is what being "Progressive" and "Abortion-on-Demand" has done for America. How many more are there?

Thanx,

Ur2

An interesting question but aside from allegations of the media cover-up Mr. Kuhner gives no evidence that this is more than one of the infrequent episodes of illegal medical practice for monetary gain just like Medicare fraud and necessary surgery.  To deny that they exist is ridiculous but so is to blame this man's illegal acts on Roe v Wade, much less a political philosophy.  By the way pre Roe v Wade doctors (and others) performed illegal abortions for money too with varying degrees of safety.

"Not all who wander are lost" J.R.R.Tolkein
You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do. ~Anne Lamott
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain."
Friedrich von Schiller
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2011 - 11:46AM #4
faith713

Jan 20, 2011 -- 9:19PM, Agnosticspirit wrote:

Gosnell doesn't deserve to be called "Doctor". The horrendous conditions he operated in are one of the reasons why abortion should remain safe and legal. 

Regardless of your position on whether abortion should be legal or not, this thread is being moved from the US News & Politics forum to the Abortion Debate forum. 

Agnosticspirit - Bnet Community cohost USNP

Abortion is never "safe", a human being is always killed or seriously injured.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."--John14:6

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-- John 3:16

"We love Him because He first loved us."--1 John 4:9-10

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear ... "
1 John 4:18
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2011 - 2:08PM #5
Iwantamotto

Had abortions been illegal, this creep would've been a psychotic dentist.

"Is it safe?"

Knock and the door shall open.  It's not my fault if you don't like the decor.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2011 - 3:20PM #6
Mmichael

This is a horrendous, grisly, and tragic story. I hope "Mr." Gosnell (he does not deserve to be called "Dr.") spends the rest of his life in prison. Although I can believe this is not an isolated incident, there is no evidence whatsoever that this is commonplace and happens often. The idea that the media knows this is happening everywhere and often but is covering it up, is absurd.

I hope the Pro-Lifers who have claimed for decades that "Roe v. Wade legalized abortion throughout the nine months of pregnancy for any or no reason" will now admit they've been lying about that. And, I doubt that Pro-Lifers will support laws and policies that make it easier for women to terminate their pregnancies very early. In fact, many Pro-Lifers work very hard to pass laws and policies that make it more difficult for women to end their pregnancies very early, which can then lead to late-term and illegal abortions. If a Pro-Lifer sees no difference between an abortion at 6 weeks, an abortion at 6 months, and killing a baby delivered alive, why should I take seriously their "special outrage" about this case? I do see a difference between an abortion at 6 weeks, a "morning-after pill abortion", an abortion after viability to save a woman's life, and Killing A Baby Born Alive. For those of you who do not see that difference, then just say, "Yes, what this man did is horrible, but it is no different than when a woman who was raped takes a morning-after pill within 24 hours of her rape. Same thing. Same thing." If that's what you truly believe, then just say it. The rest of us are truly serious about our outrage at this horrendous situation.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook