Switch to Forum Live View Grand Opening - Grand Closing
4 years ago  ::  Nov 14, 2010 - 11:14AM #1
Marcion

The title of this thread is taken form one of Chris Rock's routines.

Does it apply to local activities going on in Prince Georges county, Md?

A few weeks ago all the talk was about up-scale stores moving into PG county affirming the status of affluent black citizens.

Now comes the latest headline.

www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/ar...

It puzzles me why educated black citizens insist on electing scoundrels like Johnson and Marion Berry in DC. I think it is part of being"really black."syndrome.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 14, 2010 - 11:48AM #2
appy20

The same thing can be said of white people and our politicians.  Georgia just elected Deal for governor.  Most of Georgia's politicians in the last election were corrupted.  Sonny Purdue certainly used his office to rape Georgia to pad his pockets.  Our political system attracts the corrupt.  It rarely attracts true statesmen. That goes for all races and ethnicities.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 14, 2010 - 12:01PM #3
Abner1

What Appy said - the common factor in corruption among politicians is politics, not race.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 14, 2010 - 2:22PM #4
Marcion

We all know politicians are corrupt, they are two notches above lawyers and four notches below child molesters.

The point of my post was to show the negative affect one scoundrel can have on the hard work of thousands to improve their image.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 15, 2010 - 7:50AM #5
Marcion

Loks like PG residents share my feelings.

www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/ar...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 22, 2010 - 9:14PM #6
Merope

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone.

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2010 - 9:08PM #7
Idbc

Nov 14, 2010 -- 2:22PM, Marcion wrote:

We all know politicians are corrupt, they are two notches above lawyers and four notches below child molesters.

The point of my post was to show the negative affect one scoundrel can have on the hard work of thousands to improve their image.

What we all know is that there are corrupt politicans as well as corrupt lawyers, corrupt clergy,  corrupt businessmen, and corrupt ______.

That there is a person who happens to be black and is a policitan and is corrupt or  "allegedly" corrupt comes as no suprise to me.  I live in NY, the govenor has been fined $65,000.00 for taking world series tickets.  I live in the congressional district of Charles Rangel who was recently censured by congress for.....indisctretions. 

I  consider myself to be a moderate liberal.  I believe in the equality of the so-called "races".

Equality means that not only are the people of thge so-called different races equally good, but equally bad. 

HAVE A THINKING DAY MAY REASON GUIDE YOU
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook