Post Reply
Page 12 of 12  •  Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12
Switch to Forum Live View Some We Love, Some We Hate, Some We Eat
4 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2010 - 12:20PM #111
allthegoodnamesweretaken
Posts: 11,634

You say overkill. 


 


They say just the right amount of kill.


 


Wink

Yesterday, in America, 100 million gun owners did nothing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2010 - 6:10PM #112
Yavanna
Posts: 3,149

Nov 3, 2010 -- 11:42AM, allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:


Nov 2, 2010 -- 4:05PM, Yavanna wrote:


I don't presume to know how animals would behave if they evolved to our level. There's no reason to assume every species would be as destructive as us. It's complete conjecture.




 


Ever watch a cat play with a mouse?





Yes, it's adorable. Cool


I did say there's no reason to assume every species would be as destructive. Keep that in mind when you're picking out a few examples of species you think would mimic us. Also consider that you're judging them based on their current level of evolution.

The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
While hammers fell like ringing bells
In places deep, where dark things sleep,
In hollow halls beneath the fells.

For ancient king and elvish lord
There many a gloaming golden hoard
They shaped and wrought, and light they caught
To hide in gems on hilt of sword.
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2010 - 6:22PM #113
allthegoodnamesweretaken
Posts: 11,634

Nov 3, 2010 -- 6:10PM, Yavanna wrote:

Yes, it's adorable.

I did say there's no reason to assume every species would be as destructive. Keep that in mind when you're picking out a few examples of species you think would mimic us. Also consider that you're judging them based on their current level of evolution.




 


If you think that there are different levels of evolution then may I suggest a little study? 


 


 


Some species might be less destructive, but if they were less destructive, would they fight to get to the top? 


 


all

Yesterday, in America, 100 million gun owners did nothing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2010 - 6:32PM #114
Yavanna
Posts: 3,149

Nov 3, 2010 -- 6:22PM, allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:


Nov 3, 2010 -- 6:10PM, Yavanna wrote:

Yes, it's adorable.


I did say there's no reason to assume every species would be as destructive. Keep that in mind when you're picking out a few examples of species you think would mimic us. Also consider that you're judging them based on their current level of evolution.




 


If you think that there are different levels of evolution then may I suggest a little study? 


 


 


Some species might be less destructive, but if they were less destructive, would they fight to get to the top? 


 


all





Semantics, all. Don't be presumptuous. Hopefully in time humans will put violence behind them.


Your second legitimate question is too speculative to answer. This has been all I've been pointing out from the beginning. There's too much assumption. There's no way to know.


I'd love to think dolphins might splash us in the face and get online asking, "wtf?" There's no way to know what any species would do. Wink

The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
While hammers fell like ringing bells
In places deep, where dark things sleep,
In hollow halls beneath the fells.

For ancient king and elvish lord
There many a gloaming golden hoard
They shaped and wrought, and light they caught
To hide in gems on hilt of sword.
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2010 - 7:06PM #115
allthegoodnamesweretaken
Posts: 11,634

Nov 3, 2010 -- 6:32PM, Yavanna wrote:


Semantics, all.



I know.  It's fun though.....


 


Nov 3, 2010 -- 6:32PM, Yavanna wrote:


Hopefully in time humans will put violence behind them.



Sadly, I think most of humanity has a "you first" attitude towards this.  Myself included. 


 


 


Nov 3, 2010 -- 6:32PM, Yavanna wrote:


Your second legitimate question is too speculative to answer. This has been all I've been pointing out from the beginning. There's too much assumption. There's no way to know.


I'd love to think dolphins might splash us in the face and get online asking, "wtf?" There's no way to know what any species would do.



 


Wink

Yesterday, in America, 100 million gun owners did nothing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 11, 2010 - 1:13AM #116
Merope
Posts: 10,589

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone.


 


 

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 11, 2010 - 9:56AM #117
d_p_m
Posts: 10,091

Nov 2, 2010 -- 9:23PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

Nov 2, 2010 -- 6:24PM, Iwantamotto wrote:


Coolest vid ever was one of a lionness chasing a gazelle and taking a back leg off while neither's stride was broken.  That's hardcore, dude.  :D





My father and I once sat and watched a tiny weasel take down a rabbit that was a good five times his size.


Let's just say, I'm really glad weasels don't get as big as lions.






I am sure I've read that gram for gram, a shrew is the nastiest, toughest mammal around...

"If you aren't confused by quantum physics, you haven't really understood it."

― Niels Bohr



"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain, as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."

-- Albert Einstein
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 01, 2010 - 1:51AM #118
bluehorserunning
Posts: 1,754

grasshopper mice (named because they eat grasshoppers, not because of their size) are pretty nasty too - complete with shrill little howls like wolves.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 22, 2011 - 11:50PM #119
Bro.shane
Posts: 12

Oct 20, 2010 -- 5:39PM, solfeggio wrote:


But the point was not the fact that we humans can eat anything





en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruitarianism

I believe that the best human diet is a Fruitinarian one.

What is good for the White Race is the highest virtue; what is bad for the White Race is the ultimate sin.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 12 of 12  •  Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook