Page 18 of 18  •  Prev 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18
Switch to Forum Live View Dr. Laura to end her radio show (Includes Video Larry King Interview)
4 years ago  ::  Aug 27, 2010 - 12:38PM #171
rabello

"Celebrating" isn't the right word.

"Dr" Laura quit on her own, and it remains to be seen if she will be true to her word.   Howard Stern came back, afterall.

Still, it is heartening to find that the majority of Americans are repulsed by her racist rantings because it shows we have advanced since the Brown v Board decision.  At the same time, it is disheartening that reactionary hate-mongers like her are granted an unopposed political soapbox in this country, and make themselves extremely wealthy by sitting in a chair yelling epithets and misinformation into a mic.    "Spewing" is the right word.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 27, 2010 - 12:50PM #172
mainecaptain

Aug 18, 2010 -- 9:29AM, loveontheair wrote:

Hello,

I'm sure you Libs are celebrating...

love

Celebrating what? Do you defend someone who uses offensive and bigoted remarks? Is that alright with you? What does  being liberal have to do with anything?

Or is it only the liberals that care about people?, that want to do what is right?

No one forced Dr. Laura out, she quit because she did not like having her bigotry pointed out to her, by good people. She could have honestly apologised and everything would have gone back to the way it was. But she did not want to do that. Because she would to have had to clean up her act.

What are the libs supposed to be celebrating? In you opinion.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 27, 2010 - 1:25PM #173
Christianlib

You know, I'm SURE this isn't the information meant to be conveyed, but that "I'm sure libs are celebrating" is more than just a tacit admission that evidently only libs are non racists.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 27, 2010 - 1:36PM #174
mainecaptain

Aug 27, 2010 -- 1:25PM, Christianlib wrote:

You know, I'm SURE this isn't the information meant to be conveyed, but that "I'm sure libs are celebrating" is more than just a tacit admission that evidently only libs are non racists.

You know, you are right. Wink

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 27, 2010 - 9:54PM #175
dreamhealth

This is one of the best threads I've ever read! I used to listen D L long ago. I missed supper because I couldn't tear myself away from these posts. Plus, it restores my faith in my fellow Americans.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 18 of 18  •  Prev 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook