Post Reply
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Is Your State a Grade, "A" ? Check out the NARAL States map and see how choice makes the grade
4 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2010 - 8:38PM #1
Weepingangelofthetrees
Posts: 2,053

State Profiles *LINK*


 


I have to admit I thought I'd clicked my way into a time machine, and regressed back to the 1920's when I investigated that map. Then I realized, no! I just happened to check out Utah! Undecided 


How does your State rank!? If you're pro-child and pro-choice, keep your eyes open and your rights on par. Check out your State's "Bill Tracker".  Freedom means not living by other peoples permission, when you as a free woman decide to choose your future. No matter how hard some work at forcing you to agree to the contrary, it was always a choice before it was ever a child.


"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
Stephen Colbert
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 05, 2010 - 12:39PM #2
faith713
Posts: 3,892

Aug 4, 2010 -- 8:38PM, Weepingangelofthetrees wrote:


State Profiles *LINK*


 


I have to admit I thought I'd clicked my way into a time machine, and regressed back to the 1920's when I investigated that map. Then I realized, no! I just happened to check out Utah!  


How does your State rank!? If you're pro-child and pro-choice, keep your eyes open and your rights on par. Check out your State's "Bill Tracker".  Freedom means not living by other peoples permission, when you as a free woman decide to choose your future. No matter how hard some work at forcing you to agree to the contrary, it was always a choice before it was ever a child.




You have the "freedom and choice" to abort for now, just be courageous and honest enough to finish the sentence:


I have the "choice and freedom" to end the life of my son or daughter who is growing helplessly in my womb.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."--John14:6

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-- John 3:16

"We love Him because He first loved us."--1 John 4:9-10

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear ... "
1 John 4:18
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 05, 2010 - 2:55PM #3
Mmichael
Posts: 157

Aug 4, 2010 -- 8:38PM, Weepingangelofthetrees wrote:


State Profiles *LINK*


 


I have to admit I thought I'd clicked my way into a time machine, and regressed back to the 1920's when I investigated that map. Then I realized, no! I just happened to check out Utah!  


How does your State rank!? If you're pro-child and pro-choice, keep your eyes open and your rights on par. Check out your State's "Bill Tracker".  Freedom means not living by other peoples permission, when you as a free woman decide to choose your future. No matter how hard some work at forcing you to agree to the contrary, it was always a choice before it was ever a child.





I clicked on my state first, and then 4 other states at random. I got "F", "F", "D", "F", "D+". I had to stop there because it was getting depressing! Has anyone taken the time to find out how many "A"s, "B"s, "C"s, etc?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 06, 2010 - 4:42AM #4
Bei1052
Posts: 986

It's funny how the states with grades of A-'s or better have the highest abortion rates, while states with F's have the lowest.


And it's kinda' hard to be pro-choice and pro-child, since an abortion negates the existence of a child.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 06, 2010 - 1:34PM #5
Weepingangelofthetrees
Posts: 2,053

Aug 5, 2010 -- 12:39PM, faith713 wrote:


Aug 4, 2010 -- 8:38PM, Weepingangelofthetrees wrote:


State Profiles *LINK*


 


I have to admit I thought I'd clicked my way into a time machine, and regressed back to the 1920's when I investigated that map. Then I realized, no! I just happened to check out Utah!  


How does your State rank!? If you're pro-child and pro-choice, keep your eyes open and your rights on par. Check out your State's "Bill Tracker".  Freedom means not living by other peoples permission, when you as a free woman decide to choose your future. No matter how hard some work at forcing you to agree to the contrary, it was always a choice before it was ever a child.




You have the "freedom and choice" to abort for now, just be courageous and honest enough to finish the sentence:


I have the "choice and freedom" to end the life of my son or daughter who is growing helplessly in my womb.



Dear, I will always have the freedom to choose! No one alive will force me to remain pregnant against my will. The laws be damned. If they take away the right to choose in my State, I would go to one that provides the choice. And if there ever comes a time when there is no choice, there are far too many herbal concoctions at my disposal and to my knowledge, to insure I am forced to incubate against my will. 


This is America! Not Iran.


And it is not a son nor a daughter, growing in the womb. It's a zygote, an embryo, a parasite in the truest definition. It's not a living soul, according to the Bible, until it draws it's first breath. It's not a human nor a citizen, by law, until it's born.


It was a choice, long before it was an orgasm or a fetus.


And when a body of people think they have the right to tell others they are forbidden their free choice, it's fascism! In the meantime, complete the sentence in your life. If you expect other women to live your personal reproductive philosophy, you'll forever be disappointed.Instead, walk your talk. Adopt the born, who are then as unwanted as they were in utero but were given a life because that mother was indeed pro-choice and chose to give birth. Foster, and give opportunity to that infant born of a mother that chose to bring them into a world, and leave them homeless in the hopes they'll find someone that is pro-quality of life and pro-child enough to take them in.


Women will always choose! To expect them to abdicate that right on this issue, is to dictate for others what is not your business. Live the example you propose to command others abide. You'll be less disappointed and more realistic when you proactively choose to mind your own business and live up to the standards you think others should abide, even against their will.


The hypocrisy of commanding quantity instead of quality, of life is apparent. And the hypocrisy afforded in by those who are active proponents of life is, they are almost always proponents of war, guns and capital punishment!
Fascinating. Control of women's reproductive privacy just to insure another life comes into the world, so that once it's here it's subject to being killed in the name of god, country and the law.


 


How dare anyone think they have a right to tell every woman on earth, she has to surrender her right to choose and remain pregnant by force, against her will.


 God knows, that kind of zealot fascism is exactly what Jesus came to save the world from.


"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
Stephen Colbert
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 06, 2010 - 2:48PM #6
Bei1052
Posts: 986

1.) Define fascism for me. It's been my experience that the people who go on and on about fascism don't know what fascism really is.


2.) If my next door neighbor is beating his wife and abusing his children and the dog, do I have to marry the wife and take in her children and their dog before I call the police? Or should I ignore it because it's not my business.


3.) If abortion isn't legal, then it isn't a choice. If it isn't a choice, then your argument becomes moot because it's predicated on the notion that abortion is a choice.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 06, 2010 - 3:31PM #7
Weepingangelofthetrees
Posts: 2,053

Aug 6, 2010 -- 2:48PM, Bei1052 wrote:


1.) Define fascism for me. It's been my experience that the people who go on and on about fascism don't know what fascism really is.


2.) If my next door neighbor is beating his wife and abusing his children and the dog, do I have to marry the wife and take in her children and their dog before I call the police? Or should I ignore it because it's not my business.


3.) If abortion isn't legal, then it isn't a choice. If it isn't a choice, then your argument becomes moot because it's predicated on the notion that abortion is a choice.




1.) It's unfortunate you've encountered such people. It's been my experience that those who are ardently against a woman having a choice are sexist and hypocritical. 


Allow me to elaborate my point, as relates to the proactive life lobby who seek to effect a sexist ideology against the free rights of fertile females in America, through the Un-Constitutional lobby of State and Federal government, so as to revoke fertile females equality, privacy and freedom as American citizens.


2.) Completely irrelevant and  unrelated to the topic presently under discussion. However, it is unfortunate that you equate, in your erroneous analogy, women to the status of dogs.


3.) You are mistaken to imagine "Choice" is a measure effected by permission under law. It is not. As the countless women who dot the landscape of graveyards across America prove, when they made their choice contrary to the law and died, for having had an unlawful abortion.


The sexist pro-active agenda to increase human population at the expense of rescinding liberty and freedom for a select class of citizen; fertile female, is predicated on forcing women to renounce their equal right by law, to reproductive right of privacy. It is contrary to the spirit of American liberty to actively pursue the legal avenue of forcing women to give birth, by law. That agenda, on it's face, is un-Constitutional and as such is illegal as well as, immoral.


For a fitting analogy that does comport with the theme of this debate: Let's say you are proactive in your agenda to force women to remain pregnant against their will. I actively pursue and lobby, that you are forced to be sterilized. So that you are not made subject to force of any kind, in matters of giving birth, or as relates to being the sperm donor so as to insure that method of force is made manifest due to your personal liability.


Would you go under the knife and comply?! Or would you fight!?


 


edited by Justme333 to conform to local board guidelines


 


 

Moderated by Justme333 on Aug 06, 2010 - 10:43PM

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
Stephen Colbert
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 06, 2010 - 4:00PM #8
Bei1052
Posts: 986

1.) So you're not going to define fascism for me? Can't say I'm surprised, really.


2.) Completely relevant. What happened to the whole "Mind your own business" and "If you're not going to help someone else then you've no right to complain" spiels? You don't get to throw out your own rationale when it suits you to do so.


3.) "Choice" is a matter of law. If the law says it's not a "choice", then it's not a choice. I can't kill you, then claim that was I merely exercising my right of "choice" to do so and have everything be peachy. It doesn't work that way. As I said, your entire argument rests on an unproven assertion that you simply assume is true, even when it's most assuredly not.


4.) Are women being forcibly sterilized? Because, you know, that would be the equivalent to male sterilization.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 06, 2010 - 4:57PM #9
Weepingangelofthetrees
Posts: 2,053

I refuse to edit the above posting, for the second time the server glitch has ruined my initial remarks.  This is why I copied my reply there before committing to post, for just such a re-appearance of said BN server glitch.



It should have read as follows, barring said glitch:



Apologies. I had to edit the later part of my initial reply because of HTML code that superimposed itself throughout. At that time I thought the original "Fascism" definition (below) was left in tact on edit.

Fascism: As relates to my point regarding the intent and agenda of the proactive sexist agenda of those who are against choice. A  governmental system led by a dictatorial sexist lobby, having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all reproductive right to privacy and choice and emphasizing an aggressive national protocol to preclude the rights on one sect of citizen community; fertile women. As is often prescribed as sexism.


2.) Completely irrelevant. If you do not understand how a woman's prerogative to choose her own reproductive avenues related to choice for personal self, is not your business, you are not then qualified to understand or define, "Choice" or "Freedom" "Individual" or liberty.
And as said, it's unfortunate that you're erroneous analogy of choice equates women with dogs.
Very telling, however.

3.) Choice: (Noun) 1.)an act or instance of choosing; selection. 2.) the right, power, or opportunity to choose; option:

"Choice" is a matter of law...


But in response to your opinion, quoted here, what a fine thing then that women's right to choose is guaranteed by law.
Choice! What a beautiful "legal" right! 

4.) Oh my, how far afield you're "argument" doth wander. Women aren't being forced to abort. That's why it's called, "Pro-Choice" and not "mandated abortion" movement.

However, the proactive agenda to make inferior a free community of citizens, specifically fertile females, is indeed intent on forcing women to remain pregnant, once they become so, by law and against their will to make a free choice to the contrary.


edited by justme333 to conform to local board guidelines


Moderated by Justme333 on Aug 06, 2010 - 10:49PM

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
Stephen Colbert
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 06, 2010 - 5:14PM #10
Bei1052
Posts: 986

1.) So you made up a new definition for fascism in order to claim that laws against abortion are fascist in nature? Okay... lol


2.) According to you, anything which doesn't affect me personally isn't my business. Ergo, anything which doesn't affect you personally, you shouldn't oppose, as it's not your business. The only telling part is how you're trying to differentiate between "doesn't affect you" and "doesn't affect you". If a pregnant woman has, say, a five year old and she wants to bound and gag that five year old and impale him/her on a ten-foot stake, that affects you in the exact same way that you would be affected if that pregnant woman went out and had an abortion-- it wouldn't. Yet, I'd be willing to bet that you'd vehemently oppose one of those actions and not the other. But how can you? Since both actions are similar, and since you state that people should mind their own business, you shouldn't oppose either of those actions. In fact, following your logic, you shouldn't oppose anything which doesn't affect you. What are the chances that you do, indeed, oppose things which don't affect you personally? Very high, I'd say.


...And, just to throw this out there, it's also very telling how you somehow construed my post into equating women with dogs.


3.) No need to play semantics. I know what choice means. I also know that a "choice" isn't a "choice" unless the law says it is. Theft is not a "choice". Neither is rape or murder. Why not? Because they're illegal. That was the point you kind of missed :|


4.) Notice that you were the one who tried to draw a similarity between disallowing a woman to have an abortion and forcing a man to become sterilized, not me.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook