Page 9 of 10  •  Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Switch to Forum Live View USDA employee resigns over racism scandal
4 years ago  ::  Jul 24, 2010 - 6:33PM #81
mountain_man

Jul 24, 2010 -- 11:21AM, loveontheair wrote:

I understand mountain_man...

Apparently not.

As I mentioned earlier I do not like journalism from the left and the right. I get my news from other sources. I saw the entire vid. I am not a avid watcher of Fox. I rarely watch any news on the tele exept of course for "breaking news". I stand behind what I saw.

Do you understand that what you saw was a lie?

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 24, 2010 - 8:11PM #82
catboxer

Here's the thing about Shirley Sherrod. She's going to go back to working for the USDA in some capacity, because she'd be neglecting herself if she didn't. She's 62 now, and in three years all her years of work for the government will come to fruition (as it were) when she reaches retirement age.

The only thing I think she's working to do now is secure a new position where she can exert some influence and have an impact. It's not the money, but the chance to affect policy that I think she's looking at.

And it would be a good thing if she could affect USDA policy. In fact, the USDA is the key to a lot of things.

Adepto vestri stercore simul.ttr
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 25, 2010 - 11:12AM #83
loveontheair

Jul 24, 2010 -- 2:32PM, Stardove wrote:

Jul 23, 2010 -- 11:54PM, mountain_man wrote:

Jul 23, 2010 -- 11:20PM, loveontheair wrote:

Jul 23, 2010 -- 11:12PM, mountain_man wrote:

Then how can you know what Faux said was the truth?

Because like I said I WAS watching FOX news

Then you have no way of knowing Faux was telling the truth. As usual, they were not.  Someone else here explained the time line and Faux was in this from the beginning.

Apples and Oranges!  Just because a story is reported on FOX News (24/7) channel many times they simply lie or stretch the truth.  IMO there is nothing fair or balanced about their reporting.  The local fox channel which reports local and some national news are better than the 24/7 reporting. 

Remember commentary shows are not news, but opinions whether on the right or left.

Hello,

How many times have I said on this forum that I rarely watch Fox, or TV for that matter. What part of "rarely" do you not understand. I don't particularly care what people think of Fox.

love

Good works will never produce faith, but faith will always produce good works. loveontheair
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 25, 2010 - 9:39PM #84
Erey

Jul 23, 2010 -- 11:18PM, Girlchristian wrote:

Jul 23, 2010 -- 11:00PM, loveontheair wrote:

Jul 22, 2010 -- 10:27PM, mountain_man wrote:

Jul 21, 2010 -- 11:52PM, rabello wrote:

True.  They should own-up and just call themselves the Republican Campaign Central Network, or if they have to refer to an animal, leave the faux alone and just go with Elefont.  Elefont News Network (with sincere apologies to foxes and elephants everywhere for the suggestion).   I've seen FOCKS News mentioned here, that might work.

Of course, they have a method to their dastardly deeds.  They've morphed the issue into one of an unjust firing, not a "high tech lynching" they had a large part in pulling off.   Worse than hypocrites.

What I cannot understand is why anyone with any intelligence believes anything that Faux "news" has to say about anything? It's obvious they cannot tell the truth. It's obvious Beck and his ilk are nothing more than carefully packaged Republican propagandists.

Hello,

Since I am not a avid watcher of the FOX News Network, I was watching the past two days for handling of this particular story. Last I count the story broke from Brietbart and the WH way before Fox news did. The POTUS was informed before Fox news and was on the phone with this lady 3x. This is what I know. But I don't watch any of the NEWS networks, ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC and CNN.

love

The Washington Post confirmed that Fox did not air the story until after Sherrod was fired.

VERY INTERESTING!!!

This was probably about the same time the other networks say it as a story and aired it also?

I agree with Love, I don't watch much news on TV and when I do it is typically CNN.  I also prefer CNN to Fox for online news. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 25, 2010 - 9:47PM #85
rabello

i watched CNN and MSNBC on Monday night, but didn't hear about the Shirley Sherrod story till Tuesday morning on CNN, when Tony Harris was interviewing Ms Sherrod, live, and giving her the chance that Faux "News" didn't, and that is to tell her side of the story and let us know what was being said, first by Breitbart, then on Faux "News" Monday night, was a lie.   If I had watched Faux "News" on Monday night, instead of CNN or MSNBC, I would have known about the Sherrod story that night.  Since then, clips of Faux "News" nonstop hysteria, on everyone of their programs, starting Monday night and going into Tuesday, day have been shown for everyone to see.

So, it doesn't matter who reported it first, or when they reported it; what matters is HOW they reported it.   It is documented that Faux "News" did a hatchet job as soon as they got the chance.  That's just fact.

CNN gets the nod for being the first to "out" the lie, starting as early as Tues morning, while Faux was STILL savaging Shirley Sherrod, the black people in the audience listening to her speech, and the NAACP for being "racists"

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 25, 2010 - 11:30PM #86
jane2

Too many were snookered. It was a viscious attack, but it took too many too long to do their homework. This weekend I read that Rep. John Lewis has known Mr. Sherrod for 50 years and Mrs. Sherrod for 35-40 years.

I never watch Faux Noise.

CNN has become rather pedestrian overall. This CNN is not the cutting edge news source it was under Ted Turner.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 25, 2010 - 11:50PM #87
loveontheair

Jul 25, 2010 -- 9:47PM, rabello wrote:

i watched CNN and MSNBC on Monday night, but didn't hear about the Shirley Sherrod story till Tuesday morning on CNN, when Tony Harris was interviewing Ms Sherrod, live, and giving her the chance that Faux "News" didn't, and that is to tell her side of the story and let us know what was being said, first by Breitbart, then on Faux "News" Monday night, was a lie.   If I had watched Faux "News" on Monday night, instead of CNN or MSNBC, I would have known about the Sherrod story that night.  Since then, clips of Faux "News" nonstop hysteria, on everyone of their programs, starting Monday night and going into Tuesday, day have been shown for everyone to see.

So, it doesn't matter who reported it first, or when they reported it; what matters is HOW they reported it.   It is documented that Faux "News" did a hatchet job as soon as they got the chance.  That's just fact.

CNN gets the nod for being the first to "out" the lie, starting as early as Tues morning, while Faux was STILL savaging Shirley Sherrod, the black people in the audience listening to her speech, and the NAACP for being "racists"

Hello,

It matters to some here I guess. It's all about Fox reporting a lie as one distinguished poster noted. Brietbart is the one who broke the story not Fox--like I could really care one way or the other. And I don't. To those they can, go play horseshoes for all I care.

love

Good works will never produce faith, but faith will always produce good works. loveontheair
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 26, 2010 - 12:01AM #88
Stardove

I do believe the OP link now goes to different story than first reported.  Just an observation.

Feds offer ousted official new job

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 26, 2010 - 12:26AM #89
rabello

Jul 25, 2010 -- 11:30PM, jane2 wrote:

Too many were snookered. It was a viscious attack, but it took too many too long to do their homework. This weekend I read that Rep. John Lewis has known Mr. Sherrod for 50 years and Mrs. Sherrod for 35-40 years.

Ms Sherrod is married to Charles Sherrod, one of the founders of the Albany Project and SNCC; both he and Ms Sherrod were longtime civil rights activists in the 60s and after.  Breitbrat actually picked on the wrong black woman, assuming, not realizing her and her husband's bona fida's in one of the greatest triumphs in American history, although not fully realized, even yet.

CNN has become rather pedestrian overall. This CNN is not the cutting edge news source it was under Ted Turner.

That is true.  But, nonetheless, CNN is the one that asked the questions Tuesday morning, and went to the source for a direct interview, while Faux was still yelling about that racist bragging woman and the racist laughers in her audience. 

Apparently, none other than Mark Williams is STILL trying to convince us that Breitbrat's hit piece and Faux "News" hysterical rage was because of the audience.  

Jul 25, 2010 -- 11:50PM, loveontheair wrote:

It matters to some here I guess. It's all about Fox reporting a lie as one distinguished poster noted. Brietbart is the one who broke the story not Fox--like I could really care one way or the other. And I don't. To those they can, go play horseshoes for all I care.

Well, if you don't care, why expend so much energy defending Faux's role in a public smear campaign.  Anyone who wants to can look at clips from their Monday night shows, each and every one of them.    No one is required to care about innocent people getting hurt by people who do it to advance a political agenda.

Of course Faux "News" knew about the blog posting from Monday morning.  They all did.  They're news reporters.   That Faux "News" elected to hold their reporting till their prime time line up, when the others didn't, speaks for itself.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 26, 2010 - 12:49AM #90
jane2

Jul 26, 2010 -- 12:26AM, rabello wrote:

Ms Sherrod is married to Charles Sherrod, one of the founders of the Albany Project and SNCC; both he and Ms Sherrod were longtime civil rights activists in the 60s and after.  Breitbrat actually picked on the wrong black woman, assuming, not realizing her and her husband's bona fida's in one of the greatest triumphs in American history, although not fully realized, even yet.

That is true.  But, nonetheless, CNN is the one that asked the questions Tuesday morning, and went to the source for a direct interview, while Faux was still yelling about that racist bragging woman and the racist laughers in her audience. 

Apparently, none other than Mark Williams is STILL trying to convince us that Breitbrat's hit piece and Faux "News" hysterical rage was because of the audience.  

Jul 25, 2010 -- 11:50PM, loveontheair wrote:

Well, if you don't care, why expend so much energy defending Faux's role in a public smear campaign.  Anyone who wants to can look at clips from their Monday night shows, each and every one of them.    No one is required to care about innocent people getting hurt by people who do it to advance a political agenda.

Of course Faux "News" knew about the blog posting from Monday morning.  They all did.  They're news reporters.   That Faux "News" elected to hold their reporting till their prime time line up, when the others didn't, speaks for itself.

You are right on target.

Twenty years ago I worked for many years with a black man who had been part of the sit-in at the Rich's lunch counter here in Atlanta : we were working for Rich's. His daughter was dating Rev. Lowrey's son. I learned much from him about the Civil Right's Movement and he knew everybody.

Normally I watch NBC News and read and watch MSNBC. Kudos to CNN for their good work.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 9 of 10  •  Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook