Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Who'd of thunk it??
4 years ago  ::  Jul 13, 2010 - 1:15PM #1
Grinandbearit

WASHINGTON (AFP) –  Scientists have found the reason why blacks dominate on the running  track and whites in the swimming pool: it's in their belly-buttons, a  study published Monday shows.

What's important is not whether an athlete has an innie or an outie but  where his or her navel is in relation to the rest of the body, says the  study published in the International Journal of Design and Nature and  Ecodynamics.

The navel is the center of gravity of the body, and given two runners or  swimmers of the same height, one black and one white, "what matters is  not total height but the position of the belly-button, or center of  gravity," Duke University professor Andre Bejan, the lead author of the  study, told AFP.

Full story

1Co 1:18  For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
1Co 1:27  But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
Co 2:14  But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1Co 3:19  For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 13, 2010 - 1:19PM #2
appy20

Blacks, generally, also have denser bones.  Which is great for aging because they don't have the bone loss problems of many whites. It isn't that great for swimming.  A black friend of mine, who is very athletic and fit, could not swim to save her life.  She sinks.  I have the opposite problem. I float.  If I want to go to the bottom of a pool, I have to fight like heck.  She has to fight like heck to get to the top of water. All I have to do is quit fighting and I float to the top. I have very small, lightweight bones.  She has very sturdy ones.  It makes a difference.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 13, 2010 - 1:20PM #3
Erey

I saw that article!!!  And more than an inch of difference in naval placement.  Was it 1.8 or 1.18 difference in naval placing. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 13, 2010 - 1:39PM #4
Grinandbearit

It's 1.18 :)

1Co 1:18  For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
1Co 1:27  But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
Co 2:14  But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1Co 3:19  For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 13, 2010 - 1:54PM #5
Erey

Jul 13, 2010 -- 1:39PM, Grinandbearit wrote:

It's 1.18 :)

that seems alot!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 13, 2010 - 10:20PM #6
jesus2point3

Jul 13, 2010 -- 1:15PM, Grinandbearit wrote:

WASHINGTON (AFP) – Scientists have found the reason why blacks dominate on the running track and whites in the swimming pool: it's in their belly-buttons, a study published Monday shows.

What's important is not whether an athlete has an innie or an outie but where his or her navel is in relation to the rest of the body, says the study published in the International Journal of Design and Nature and Ecodynamics.

The navel is the center of gravity of the body, and given two runners or swimmers of the same height, one black and one white, "what matters is not total height but the position of the belly-button, or center of gravity," Duke University professor Andre Bejan, the lead author of the study, told AFP.

Full story 

Why would you believe any professor from Duke University? They decide the outcome first, and then think up the reasons. I would like to remind you that it was the Duke University professors who tried to railroad a bunch of young atheletes into jail, because they wanted to believe the black girl. In Reality, what they wanted didn't happen, because somebody wasn't telling the Truth.

Moderated by Stardove on Jul 13, 2010 - 10:24PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 14, 2010 - 1:05AM #7
mytmouse57

There might be some vauge, general physical differences between the races, but I really don't think they signifigant enough to declare -- "blacks will be better at this...whites at that."

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 14, 2010 - 9:45AM #8
Erey

Jul 14, 2010 -- 1:05AM, mytmouse57 wrote:

There might be some vauge, general physical differences between the races, but I really don't think they signifigant enough to declare -- "blacks will be better at this...whites at that."

Hmmm well I certainly think you can take it all too far.  I don't think a white or asian kid should not pursue his or her dream of being a track star because there is the assumption that only blacks are the best runners.  And I don't think blacks should run around telling themselves that they can't swim because they are black.

But I do think there are tendancies.

I am reminded of the OJ Simpson trial when some neighboor walking by the crime scene said he heard (did not see) a black man.  Heard his voice saying something.  And the lawyer CRUCIFIED him saying there is NOT a discernable black voice and the witness crumbled.

Well I am sorry but there most certainly is black voice. Blacks in general have thicker vocal cords than other races which gives them deeper voices.  I talk to people alot on the phone and I often never meet them and you can certainly tell if someone is black- the vast majority of the time.  Not 100% but definately up there in the 90% plus range. 

I think it does not hurt to know these things but you should not let it define you. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 14, 2010 - 2:03PM #9
Bezant

WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOWWWW, fam. *clap*cap

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 14, 2010 - 4:07PM #10
appy20

Jul 14, 2010 -- 9:45AM, Erey wrote:

Jul 14, 2010 -- 1:05AM, mytmouse57 wrote:

Hmmm well I certainly think you can take it all too far.  I don't think a white or asian kid should not pursue his or her dream of being a track star because there is the assumption that only blacks are the best runners.  And I don't think blacks should run around telling themselves that they can't swim because they are black.

But I do think there are tendancies.

I am reminded of the OJ Simpson trial when some neighboor walking by the crime scene said he heard (did not see) a black man.  Heard his voice saying something.  And the lawyer CRUCIFIED him saying there is NOT a discernable black voice and the witness crumbled.

Well I am sorry but there most certainly is black voice. Blacks in general have thicker vocal cords than other races which gives them deeper voices.  I talk to people alot on the phone and I often never meet them and you can certainly tell if someone is black- the vast majority of the time.  Not 100% but definately up there in the 90% plus range. 

I think it does not hurt to know these things but you should not let it define you. 

I agree with the above.  One should never say that another should not attempt an endeavor due to biology without trying first.  There are going to be exceptions.   

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook