Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 15 of 20  •  Prev 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20 Next
7 years ago  ::  Aug 05, 2010 - 12:28PM #141
faith713

Aug 4, 2010 -- 10:12PM, Donald wrote:

In the case of rape or incest, forcing a woman made pregnant by this violent act would cause further psychological harm to the victim.

Abortion is violence against the unborn and two wrongs don't make a right.

Another Christain that belives in torturing woman.  So, what you are saying is the rape and then you tortruring a woman (the two wrongs) don't make a right. 

No, the first wrong was done by the rapist who believed it was his "choice and freedom" to hurt someone that was weaker and defenseless. The second wrong is when the woman "chooses" to kill her son or daughter growing helplessly in her womb.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."--John14:6

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-- John 3:16

"We love Him because He first loved us."--1 John 4:9-10

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear ... "
1 John 4:18
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Aug 05, 2010 - 1:03PM #142
Donald

Aug 5, 2010 -- 12:28PM, faith713 wrote:

Aug 4, 2010 -- 10:12PM, Donald wrote:

In the case of rape or incest, forcing a woman made pregnant by this violent act would cause further psychological harm to the victim.

Abortion is violence against the unborn and two wrongs don't make a right.

Another Christain that belives in torturing woman.  So, what you are saying is the rape and then you tortruring a woman (the two wrongs) don't make a right. 

No, the first wrong was done by the rapist who believed it was his "choice and freedom" to hurt someone that was weaker and defenseless. The second wrong is when the woman "chooses" to kill her son or daughter growing helplessly in her womb.

What about the wrong of you wanting to torture the rape victim????

And it is torture to force a rape victim to carry an unwanted fetus that reminders her every hour of being raped and hurt. 

Why do you believe in torturing a rape victim????  Why do you think it is not wrong to torture someone? 

Do you believe in torture because Christians tortured people that they thought were non believers? 

So, what do three wrongs make? 

Why don't address the torture of the rape victim?????   You keep leaving out the wrong you want to commit by torturing someone for at least nine months and of the possibility of the rape victim dying during child birth. 

COME ON ADDRESS THE ISSUE OF WHY YOU LIKE TO TORTURE A RAPE VICTIM…..

ADDRESS THE ISSUES OF WHY YOUR GOD ALLOWED THE WOMAN TO RAPED……. 

What about the wrong of you wanting to torture the rape victim????

And it is torture to force a rape victim to carry an unwanted fetus that reminders her every hour of being raped and hurt. 

Why do you believe in torturing a rape victim????  Why do you think it is not wrong to torture someone? 

Do you believe in torture because Christians tortured people that they thought were non believers? 

So, what do three wrongs make? 

Why don't address the torture of the rape victim?????   You keep leaving out the wrong you want to commit by torturing someone for at least nine months and of the possibility of the rape victim dying during child birth. 

COME ON ADDRESS THE ISSUE OF WHY YOU LIKE TO TORTURE A RAPE VICTIM…..

ADDRESS THE ISSUES OF WHY YOUR GOD ALLOWED THE WOMAN TO RAPED…….

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Aug 05, 2010 - 1:43PM #143
Bezant

Don. It's not that serious.

Are you satisfied with the legislation of abortion in your country/locale?

If you are, siddown and chill.

If not, can you change the legislation?

If you can change it go fix it instead of preaching online shrill tactics. I can't hear you.

If you can't, siddown and chill.

And if you want the challenge pony up and face it off with Christians in a theological debate on the Discuss Christianity board.

The biggest irony is that I've never argued against abortion with a single Scriptural verse;

OTOH, you and Weepingangelofthetrees have used Christian Scripture to discredit my religious beliefs, and preach that you lot know what Christian Scripture "actually" says about abortion, despite that you both (presumably) feel my religion has no relevance with regards to legal abortion anyway...

Talk about hypocrisy.

You lot aren't dealing with some emo fundy here.

I'm not working myself up for something that I can't immediately change.

If that's how anyone else wants to play, I'd like to see him or her acheive something out of whining first.

Let me know when he or she actually does.

edited by Justme333 to conform to ROC

Moderated by Justme333 on Aug 06, 2010 - 10:30PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Aug 05, 2010 - 1:58PM #144
Donald

Aug 5, 2010 -- 1:43PM, Bezant wrote:

So, you don't think it is serious that a bunch of people want to impose what they think are religious values on others?

You don't think it is serious that people want to force a rape victim to be tortured in the name religion?

You don't think it is serious to have religion control government like Iran?

What do you think are serious issues to be discussed on a board about religion? 

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Aug 05, 2010 - 2:07PM #145
Bezant

Aug 5, 2010 -- 1:58PM, Donald wrote:

So, you don't think it is serious that a bunch of people want to impose what they think are religious values on others?

You don't think it is serious that people want to force a rape victim to be tortured in the name religion?

Did you read beyond my first sentence?

I doubt it. But I'm not surprised.

If I can change something right now I'll get off the computer and fix it.

If I can't, I'm going to pick myself up, hit the nearest pub, buy myself a beer, and finish it. Then I'll order a second. But not a third. And between that I'll do what I can.

The rest of the world can have a heart attack about what it will cry about but can't do smack about. I am content with my beer.

Your displayed emotional arrogance won't cut ice with me.

If you wanna debate, you'll have to play nice(r).

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Aug 05, 2010 - 2:13PM #146
Bezant

Aug 5, 2010 -- 3:05AM, Dondiegodelavega wrote:

I am against abortion. I consider it murder, the killing of an unborn child no matter what stage of development the baby is in. Any woman who has an abortion should be "fixed" so she can never have children, nor be allowed to adopt. If she mutilates the baby & throws it in the dumpster, her life should be terminated the proper way. If a woman doesn't want to get pregnant, she should keep her pants and panties or skirt & panties on and her legs crossed when with a man who wants to get her pregnant. The abortion clinics should be put out of business with the doctors losing their medical license. This is the way I  feel. I will not change.

So what's your point?

Are you here for dialogue or preaching?

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Aug 05, 2010 - 2:44PM #147
Mmichael

Aug 5, 2010 -- 3:05AM, Dondiegodelavega wrote:

I am against abortion. I consider it murder, the killing of an unborn child no matter what stage of development the baby is in. Any woman who has an abortion should be "fixed" so she can never have children, nor be allowed to adopt. If she mutilates the baby & throws it in the dumpster, her life should be terminated the proper way. If a woman doesn't want to get pregnant, she should keep her pants and panties or skirt & panties on and her legs crossed when with a man who wants to get her pregnant. The abortion clinics should be put out of business with the doctors losing their medical license. This is the way I  feel. I will not change.

Your post proves that you are a "Christian"  In Name Only. On your profile page you identify yourself as "Christian", but your post proves that you have no idea what it means to be a Christian. IF you ever DO allow Jesus into your heart, yes, you WILL change how you feel. And, your hatred for women WILL be removed from your heart.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Aug 05, 2010 - 3:58PM #148
Donald

Aug 5, 2010 -- 2:07PM, Bezant wrote:

Aug 5, 2010 -- 1:58PM, Donald wrote:

Did you read beyond my first sentence?

I doubt it. But I'm not surprised.

If I can change something right now I'll get off the computer and fix it.

If I can't, I'm going to pick myself up, hit the nearest pub, buy myself a beer, and finish it. Then I'll order a second. But not a third. And between that I'll do what I can.

The rest of the world can have a heart attack about what it will cry about but can't do smack about. I am content with my beer.

Your displayed emotional arrogance won't cut ice with me.

If you wanna debate, you'll have to play nice(r).

Why don't you follow your own advice???  You are doing nothing about answering any question so get off and have a beer.  Why are you on-line doing nothing about abortion issues? 

I try to play nice, you don't want to play at all.  I am trying to determine if your God did in fact murder babies.  I have pointed out why I think he has and all you come back with are what you think are witty sayings.

I am trying to get Christians to understand that their god is a murderer.  You don't defend that your god murdered millions by drowning and by fire.  Likewise, through his wars has approved killing children and raping girls.  This is from the his words in his bible.  Unless you want to say the bible is wrong and Noah, etc. never did occur and is a figment of the men that wrote the bible. 

You are unable to prove that your god does not approve of abortion nor say that your god not drown babies and burn them to death.  Not can prove that you god does not approve of abortion since he does nothing to prevent miscarriages and allows over half of all egg fertilizations to be aborted.  i.e. God caused or preventable abortions. 

So go off and drink your beer since you cannot through your Bible prove me wrong.  I have searched the bible and abortions are not mentioned.  Unless you try to bend an but other meaning on passages.  Surly a god would have know this issues would came up and directly address it. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Aug 05, 2010 - 5:15PM #149
Bezant

Hullo Donald

Why don't you follow your own advice???  You are doing nothing about answering any question so get off and have a beer.

I haven't answered your immediately previous questions because you're not looking for dialogue -- you're looking for an audience. More on that later.

I said in previous posts that I do not engage in the shrill polemics, emotional arguments, personal/moral accustations you've -- though not you alone-- consistently displayed.

I also said that you should attempt to bring your God argument to the Discuss Christianity thread, although I don't believe looking at the rules that you can; OTOH, you might do well to create that thread yourself under the abortion forum.

Why are you on-line doing nothing about abortion issues?

Oh I am doing something both online and in my community; I've arranged a seperate thread on discourse, and I'm involved in pro-life activities at home. And in doing both I make an effort avoid typcasting, preaching, and spewing the common sob story -- all of which lead nowhere.

I try to play nice...

And your first post was deleted, remember?

You -- to be fair, not you alone -- have made a number of offensive personal/moral accusations:

To Faith: Why don't  address the torture of the rape victim?????   You  keep leaving out the wrong you want to commit by torturing someone for  at least nine months and of the possibility of the rape victim dying  during child birth. 

...you don't want to play at all.

No. I responded to your first two posts on this forum.

You don't want to play (that is discourse) at all. See below -->.

I am trying to determine if your God did in fact murder babies.  I have pointed out why I think he has and all you come back with are what you think are witty sayings.

You're not "trying to determine" a thing. You seem convinced of your own logic and want to peach it.

How do I know? Best of all your own mouth, Don, which refutes the previous claim for me:

I am trying to get Christians to understand that their god is a murderer.  You don't defend that your god murdered millions by drowning and by fire.  Likewise, through his wars has approved killing children and raping girls.  This is from the his words in his bible. Unless you want to say the bible is wrong and Noah, etc. never did occur and is a figment of the men that wrote the bible.

I need not say more.

So go off and drink your beer since you cannot through your Bible prove me wrong.

I shall.

Because as you've said -- and before you edit this post yourself -- that your point is to get Christians to understand that our God is a murderer. Unsupported nonsense will not faze me very long.

Speaking of unsupported nonsense -- the burden of proof rests on YOU, not I, since you first presented your claim that the Christian God is in fact not pro-life but a murder -- and yet you've failed to present a single Scriptural cred. You're right--you won't find "abortion" in Scripture, but again, the burden of proof rests on you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Aug 05, 2010 - 8:54PM #150
Holly3278

Personally, I do not believe that abortion is murder at any stage, not even right before birth.  I do not believe that the fetus becomes a person until it has breathed its first breath of air and is literally no longer a fetus.  That said, if I ever got pregnant, I would not hesitate to get an abortion.  And yes, I am on birth control so I am being responsible.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 15 of 20  •  Prev 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook