Page 20 of 20  •  Prev 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20
2 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2012 - 10:01AM #191
woodzz

May 4, 2010 -- 3:01PM, Newtonian wrote:

In the locked thread Older pointed out that abortion is murder, and that the United States is responsible for the murder of millions of innocents.  Of course, so are many other human governments. 

I did not get a chance to post on that thread - so I am starting this thread to confirm that is what Jehovah's Witnesses believe. 

www.watchtower.org/e/200906/article_01.h...

www.watchtower.org/e/200906/article_02.h...

www.watchtower.org/e/200906/article_03.h...

www.watchtower.org/e/bh/article_13.htm

And concerning teen motherhood:

www.watchtower.org/e/20041008/article_03...

I can take personal attacks - so can older, btw.  However, this is against beliefnet guidelines.  It is also against Scriptural counsel:

(1 Peter 3:15) . . .But sanctify the Christ as Lord in YOUR hearts, always ready to make a defense before everyone that demands of YOU a reason for the hope in YOU, but doing so together with a mild temper and deep respect.

So, if you disagree - why not do so in a civilized manner?

Hi Newtonian,

I know this is an old thread.  I haven't read it all yet nor have I found and read the thread it sprang from on the Discuss JW board.  I looked at the links you provided to WT Org articles but none of them show that the WT Org DOES allow abortion of a baby at the time of delivery if the mother's life is in danger.  Did you know that?  I ask because for some reason I was unaware of this until after I left the WT Org and I was surprised.  Has this point been made already here, or in Older's thread?

Woodzz

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 12, 2012 - 9:17PM #192
Donald

First off, where is abortion defined as murder under the American legal system?

We are not a Muslim country where we live under religious laws. I know Christians would not mind living under religious laws like most Muslims do, but I don't want to too and lucky for us that we live under laws determine by and for the people.  So, again would you give the law where abortion is considered murder in the country?  I guess there are religious fanatics like the /Taliban that consider abortion murder and stone the women because it it.  Would like like any woman that has an abortion stoned to death?  After all Allah is your god also,  The Jewish, Muslim and Christian god is the same god just different interpolation on how to worship it.

Now, could some of the religious fanatics please tell me where abortion is defined as murder?

First, the Christian God causes abortions and according to you is therefore a murderer. So is God a murderer because he causes abortions (miscarriages are abortions). So, because God is OK with miscarriages/abortions I don't think he/she would consider that he/she/it is a murderer.

Second, why do folks like you think that torturing a woman is good and righteous? A woman gets raped and you want to torture her by making her carry an unwanted baby to term. If it is a teen getting raped, you don’t mind that she needs to drop out of school and that she cannot afford medical care and attempts suicide, you just like to see her suffer because of your belief in some fictitious god that men created,

I guess because your God ordered woman to be raped (this is contained in the Bible that you think is true word of your god) that forcing a rape victim to have a baby is OK because your God likes to see rape. Why don't all the Bible thumpers ever point out the Bible verses where God orders rape and murder? Or point out where God murdered babies and children by drowning them

?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 13, 2012 - 12:52AM #193
Justme333

Wow - I know that this thread has been idle for a couple of years, and apparently people's memories are rather short term as well.  If you scroll up about two posts, you will see the post I posted two years ago concerning religion and this debate board. Those who use religion to support their opposition to abortion cannot continuously use scripture to support their position, but then neither can those who have a problem with religion use the abortion issue to point out their dissatisfaction with religion.  This board is to discuss the abortion issue only - there are numerous other boards to discuss religion. Further posts breaking these rules will be removed.

Justme333
Beliefnet Community Host
Abortion Debate Board 

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."  Will Rogers

"Give to those who ask, and don't turn away from those who want to borrow."  Matthew 5:42

"Charity is no substitute for justice withheld."         St. Augustine

"Your love for God is only as great as the love you have for the person you love least."  Dorothy Day

"If you want peace, work for justice." Pope Paul VI
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 20 of 20  •  Prev 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook