Page 11 of 11  •  Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
Switch to Forum Live View Jury doesn't buy "justification"
5 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2010 - 8:51AM #101
newsjunkie

Mar 12, 2010 -- 4:55AM, Jocephas2 wrote:

The only problem is that I realize this will mean a small sacrifice for you. That is why I did not want to do anything without your permission. If this endeavor is to become a reality, it will be necessary for these people to have certain information, such as your mother’s name and your date of birth. Once this information is gathered these people will go back to a few months before you were born and attempt to convince your mothers to have an abortion.

I want to emphasize that I don’t want anyone to send any information at this point. This information is for the purposes of discussion only. I realize that some of you may be have reservations about agreeing to this or providing the required information, but I urge you to consider the good of all mankind above your personal desires.

Jocephas

My mother was severely mentally ill. She suffered greatly from it, and our whole family felt the effects of that terrible disease. One of my siblings has the same disease. I could totally understand if my mother had decided not to have me, but she had me before abortion was legal. She had no choice. If she had had an abortion, there would be no "me" to feel bad about it (or to not feel bad about it). 

None of us had any control over whether or not we were born. We were born, so we ought to live life to the best of our abilities, to be the best people we can. For me, that does not include telling women that once they become pregnant, they have no choice in whether or not to continue the pregnancy. I think they should have the right to control their own reproductive decisions, and not be required to live according to mine.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2010 - 5:32PM #102
Bei1052

Mar 9, 2010 -- 11:20PM, Mmichael wrote:

I almost wrote at the end of my previous post:

Prediction! Bei will respond, "I never said abortion has nothing to do with religion. When did I say that abortion has nothing to do with religion. You're putting words in my mouth again. I've never said abortion has nothing to do with religion."

You should have predicted that I would point out the fact that you can't read, 'cuz then you would have been right, as you most certainly didn't read my last post nor the one before it. But, do continue on. It amuses me.

Mar 12, 2010 -- 3:24AM, karbie wrote:

mmichael--

thank you. No one else has answered bei so well before--but as you pointed out, he doesn't seem to think anyone else here is as intelligent as he is.  He didn't always back Faith, either. I guess  he really doesn't mind that her bias is totally religious as long as they agree on abortion.

I also want to thank you for your suggestion--just picturing pat robertson reading a letter from bei on the air is priceless.

Being the generous fellow I am, I think you might want to try this post again.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2010 - 6:27PM #103
Mmichael

Mar 12, 2010 -- 3:24AM, karbie wrote:

mmichael--

thank you. No one else has answered bei so well before--but as you pointed out, he doesn't seem to think anyone else here is as intelligent as he is.  He didn't always back Faith, either. I guess  he really doesn't mind that her bias is totally religious as long as they agree on abortion.

I also want to thank you for your suggestion--just picturing pat robertson reading a letter from bei on the air is priceless.

Thank you for your "thank you"! I, too, would love to hear Robertson or Dobson reading a letter from Bei. Of course, Bei would promptly write them back and say, "You misquoted me! Didn't you read what I wrote? I never said what you said I said." A long time ago I stopped responding to Bei because he would    1) Ignore my questions 2) But claim to have answered my questions 3) Make a statement 4) But then deny he made the statement. I didn't mind him implying I was unintelligent, ill-informed, or (my favorite) "lazy". The personal attacks don't bother me. It was his non-answers and denials of his own words that was frustrating. So, I didn't respond for quite a while. Then, I decided I would respond to some of his posts "for fun" and not expect answers to questions or acknowledgement of my answers to his questions. I found that it could be quite entertaining, because it was so easy to predict his responses. He hasn't disappointed me yet!

Now, Faith is a different story! I still find her a little scary and I steer clear of her.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2010 - 7:39PM #104
Bei1052

The previous post made me lol a little inside.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 11 of 11  •  Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook