Page 2 of 18  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18 Next
Switch to Forum Live View "Stop Abortion" Posters
5 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2009 - 1:06PM #11
mountain_man

Oct 12, 2009 -- 12:25PM, faith713 wrote:

Some PCers are in denial of the fact there is a living human being growing in a mother's womb.

Really? I have yet to meet one and one has yet to post here. Where are these people? Or are they just a fantasy of the PL crowd? No one I know of has ever claimed that what is growing inside the uterus of a pregnant human is any thing but human. Unless the woman has had something else implanted in her uterus, it's human.

If they acknowledged that fact then they would have no real justification for killing said human.

Really? Since all PCers acknowledge the content of a pregnant human's uterus is human,and we do have many justifications, you must be wrong.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2009 - 2:27PM #12
Bei1052

1.) Zygotes do not look like fish. In fact, zygotes do not look like anything, aside from a zygote (And this is without mentioning that all zygotes look the same). Furthermore, to say something is not a person because of how it looks is well... It doesn't make much sense. If someone is born without any legs nor arms, does that mean they're not a person? And what does a person look like, anyway?

(I dunno' why I'm asking this. It'll just be ignored and glossed over, as is much by most of the PC crowd here. I guess that's what happens when you challenege people to justify their beliefs).

2.) Faith said human being, and it's not gonna' be hard to dig up responses of people flat out claiming that the ZEF isn't a human being, because this board is absolutely rife with such statements.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2009 - 3:47PM #13
Mmichael

I won't ignore or gloss over your question. If someone is, As You Said, "Born", with no arms or legs, of Course the person Born with no arms or legs is a "person". Everyone human who is "born" is a "person". Our Constitution says so and the U.S. Supreme Court says so.

Now, as for "glossing over"-------Why will No PLer here answer my questions, such as "What would You Do to Stop a woman from having an abortion? What would You Do if a woman has an illegal abortion?" Non-Answers to these types of questions keep millions of Americans who are "sitting on the fence" from jumping to the Pro-Life side. In my humble opinion.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2009 - 4:07PM #14
Bei1052

Oct 12, 2009 -- 3:47PM, Mmichael wrote:

I won't ignore or gloss over your question. If someone is, As You Said, "Born", with no arms or legs, of Course the person Born with no arms or legs is a "person". Everyone human who is "born" is a "person". Our Constitution says so and the U.S. Supreme Court says so.

1.) The Constitution doesn't define what a person is. I do believe in Roe v. Wade SCOTUS stated that "the Constitution does not define "person" in so many words".

2.) SCOTUS saying the unborn aren't persons doesn't explain why they aren't persons. I can't just say what something isn't without defining what the very thing it isn't is and pass that off as a basis for denying someone equal treatment. It'd be akin to the law allowing me to kill you on the basis that you're not a Soihj. Obviously, you're going to want to know what a Soihj is that makes you not one. Same thing here.

Now, as for "glossing over"-------Why will No PLer here answer my questions, such as "What would You Do to Stop a woman from having an abortion? What would You Do if a woman has an illegal abortion?" Non-Answers to these types of questions keep millions of Americans who are "sitting on the fence" from jumping to the Pro-Life side. In my humble opinion.

I did answer this. Like... A million times. ...Okay. Maybe not quite a million times, but definitely more than once.

1.) What would you do to stop a woman from having an abortion?-- Nothing. You can't stop anyone from doing anything. What you can do, though, is create deterrents which either make her less likely to seek or want an abortion.

2.) What would You do if a woman has an illegal abortion?-- Punish the one who gave her abortion for performing an illegal medical procedure.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2009 - 4:17PM #15
Emmanuelle110

Oct 11, 2009 -- 8:30PM, faith713 wrote:

Oct 11, 2009 -- 5:31PM, Emmanuelle110 wrote:

Hey guys,

I sometimes protest abortion outside Planned Parenthood and I really want the poster that looks like a stop sign and says "Stop Abortion Now".  Despite my best efforts, however, I can't find it anywhere online and I was wondering if anyone knew how I can get one.

Thanks in advance and God Bless!

I found a website here:

www.powerhousemuseum.com/collection/data...

Thank you for answering my question.  I expected rude comments from other posters so I just won't address each and every poster who decided to open the thread and say something nasty in response to a simple question.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2009 - 4:27PM #16
Emmanuelle110

Oct 11, 2009 -- 10:48PM, karbie wrote:

The best way to "Stop Abortion" is to educate our children and those of childbearing age on how to keep from getting pregnant in the first place. Which is what many of those women you are picketing may very well be attempting to go past your signs to do. Have you made sure that abortions are even available at the PP you picket?

Actually, yes abortions are performed at this particular PP.  It is true that some women aren't going to PP for abortions, but when I say that I protest, I mean that I pray peacefully.  I'm not standing there screaming (nor does any other protester there) but simply praying and talking to women about other options.  There are some PLers who do shout and scare people away (at other locations) just like there are PCers who do the same thing.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2009 - 4:30PM #17
newsjunkie

Oct 12, 2009 -- 4:27PM, Emmanuelle110 wrote:

Oct 11, 2009 -- 10:48PM, karbie wrote:

The best way to "Stop Abortion" is to educate our children and those of childbearing age on how to keep from getting pregnant in the first place. Which is what many of those women you are picketing may very well be attempting to go past your signs to do. Have you made sure that abortions are even available at the PP you picket?

Actually, yes abortions are performed at this particular PP.  It is true that some women aren't going to PP for abortions, but when I say that I protest, I mean that I pray peacefully.  I'm not standing there screaming (nor does any other protester there) but simply praying and talking to women about other options.  There are some PLers who do shout and scare people away (at other locations) just like there are PCers who do the same thing.

Why would you need a sign or placard in order to pray?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2009 - 4:37PM #18
newsjunkie

Oct 12, 2009 -- 4:07PM, Bei1052 wrote:

1.) The Constitution doesn't define what a person is. I do believe in Roe v. Wade SCOTUS stated that "the Constitution does not define "person" in so many words".

2.) SCOTUS saying the unborn aren't persons doesn't explain why they aren't persons. I can't just say what something isn't without defining what the very thing it isn't is and pass that off as a basis for denying someone equal treatment. It'd be akin to the law allowing me to kill you on the basis that you're not a Soihj. Obviously, you're going to want to know what a Soihj is that makes you not one. Same thing here.

I did answer this. Like... A million times. ...Okay. Maybe not quite a million times, but definitely more than once.

1.) What would you do to stop a woman from having an abortion?-- Nothing. You can't stop anyone from doing anything. What you can do, though, is create deterrents which either make her less likely to seek or want an abortion.

2.) What would You do if a woman has an illegal abortion?-- Punish the one who gave her abortion for performing an illegal medical procedure.

So you're saying that the woman should receive no punishment for procuring an abortion? If that's what you're saying, why not punish the woman? I mean, if she did something wrong, why is there no punishment? It seems totally unjust to punish the abortion provider while the woman who wanted the abortion, consented to it, and paid for it receives no punishment. This seems especially unjust in the case of a medical abortion -- where the woman takes pills.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2009 - 4:37PM #19
Tolerant Sis

Emmanuelle, why don't you do something actually useful (and more difficult, time consuming, and possibly expensive) by helping kids already born who desperately need a friend like you?

Or are you a 'pro-life until birth' kinda gal?

First amendment fan since 1793.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2009 - 4:57PM #20
Mmichael

Oct 12, 2009 -- 4:07PM, Bei1052 wrote:

If you believe that abortion is akin to "killing a baby", why would you Not punish the person who First made the decision to "kill the baby", searched around to find someone who would "kill the baby" for her, and paid the person money to "kill the baby" for her? Do you not see how this makes No Sense to some people? But, maybe a part of you realizes that an abortion is Not the same as "killing a baby".  And, it's not true that "you can't stop anyone from doing anything". Murders are prevented all the time when police arrest someone who is threatening to kill someone. If a woman who is six weeks pregnant says to a police officer, "I'm determined to have an abortion, even if it's illegal, and you can't stop me", is there Nothing that You would Do to stop her from "killing a  baby"? Maybe you can't stop her because it would mean Controlling Her Body.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 18  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook