Page 1 of 18  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18 Next
Switch to Forum Live View "Stop Abortion" Posters
5 years ago  ::  Oct 11, 2009 - 5:31PM #1
Emmanuelle110

Hey guys,

I sometimes protest abortion outside Planned Parenthood and I really want the poster that looks like a stop sign and says "Stop Abortion Now".  Despite my best efforts, however, I can't find it anywhere online and I was wondering if anyone knew how I can get one.

Thanks in advance and God Bless!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 11, 2009 - 6:05PM #2
Tmarie64

Why do you protest outside PP?  Do you know what PP does?  Do you know how many poor women go there for routine medical care and are scared away, intimidated by "protesters"?

Why don't you protest at hospitals that do abortions?  Why don't you protest at clinics where the rich pay for theirs?  Why do you pick clinics where poor women get most of their regular medical care?

When I got my abortion, I did not go to PP.  I only went to PP for birth control and the routine physical that was required to get the bc.

Why do protesters stand outside clinics where POOR women go?  Why not go to the upper class areas?  Is it easier to intimidate the poor?

Oh, as to the sign... It's the frickin' internet.  A trained MONKEY could find the sign.

Last, but definitely not least... WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH DEBATE?  Where is the DEBATE?  You do know what "Debate" means, right?   You do realize that "debate" does not mean..."Sit on your ass and see if someone will give you something for free with no effort on your part"... You do know that, right?

James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 11, 2009 - 7:20PM #3
Mmichael

If you are standing outside a PP clinic holding up a sign that says "Stop Abortion Now", I hope that you are willing to say in a clear and straightforward way what You think the words on that sign mean. How would You Stop a woman from having an abortion? What do You think should Happen if a woman has an illegal abortion? What if a woman has an illegal abortion and Refuses to Name her abortionist? Should your sign really say "Make Abortion Illegal"? If your goal is Not just to "make abortion illegal", but to Really Stop abortions from happening, do you have "a list" of ways that would maybe help that happen? Like make contraception more easily available? Any other ideas? I'm being serious here. When I see signs like yours (Stop Abortion Now) I Truly wonder what the individual person holding the sign Wants To Do, What He/She Would Do if They "were in charge" and "wrote the rules and laws". What would YOU do? Thank you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 11, 2009 - 7:25PM #4
mountain_man

Oct 11, 2009 -- 5:31PM, Emmanuelle110 wrote:

Hey guys,

I sometimes protest abortion outside Planned Parenthood and I really want the poster that looks like a stop sign and says "Stop Abortion Now".  Despite my best efforts, however, I can't find it anywhere online and I was wondering if anyone knew how I can get one.

Instead of wasting time and money on a sign that will do no good and is only for harassing women, why not spend all that energy on something constructive like making sure the children that are living now are well taken care of?

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 11, 2009 - 7:32PM #5
Marysara722

As one of the Hosts for this board, I took the liberty of changing the original title of this thread in order for it to conform with this board's "Local Board Guidelines" involving the terminology used on this board.

MSara
Bnet Community Host
Abortion Debate Board

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 11, 2009 - 8:30PM #6
faith713

Hey guys,

Thanks in advance and God Bless!

I found a website here:

www.powerhousemuseum.com/collection/data...

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."--John14:6

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-- John 3:16

"We love Him because He first loved us."--1 John 4:9-10

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear ... "
1 John 4:18
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 11, 2009 - 10:48PM #7
karbie

The best way to "Stop Abortion" is to educate our children and those of childbearing age on how to keep from getting pregnant in the first place. Which is what many of those women you are picketing may very well be attempting to go past your signs to do. Have you made sure that abortions are even available at the PP you picket?

"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 11, 2009 - 11:34PM #8
Zef

Oct 11, 2009 -- 7:25PM, mountain_man wrote:

Hey guys,

Instead of wasting time and money on a sign that will do no good and is only for harassing women, why not spend all that energy on something constructive like making sure the children that are living now are well taken care of?

How are the humans growing in their mothers womb not "living now"? How is protesting killing them not making sure they are "well taken care of"?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2009 - 12:25PM #9
faith713

Oct 11, 2009 -- 11:34PM, Zef wrote:

Oct 11, 2009 -- 7:25PM, mountain_man wrote:

Hey guys,

How are the humans growing in their mothers womb not "living now"? How is protesting killing them not making sure they are "well taken care of"?

Some PCers are in denial of the fact there is a living human being growing in a mother's womb. If they acknowledged that fact then they would have no real justification for killing said human.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."--John14:6

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-- John 3:16

"We love Him because He first loved us."--1 John 4:9-10

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear ... "
1 John 4:18
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2009 - 12:56PM #10
Tmarie64

Funny... it looks like a fish, then it has a tail... No, it's not a person... there is human dna, but that's it.

James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 18  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook