Page 9 of 9  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
5 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2009 - 11:02AM #81
mountain_man

Aug 18, 2009 -- 4:28AM, bluehorserunning wrote:

Aug 17, 2009 -- 4:15PM, mountain_man wrote:

No, which is why no one does it simply on a whim. These late term abortions are done only to save the mothers life. That you and others are trying to politicize the pain and suffering of the woman and her family is even more repugnant. I have to go wash my monitor now.

MM, I hate to correct you, but that is not strictly true.  Very late term abortions are also done when the patient's health is in danger, when the patient was raped (especialy with very young women or girls, who often hide their assault and then their pregnancy out of fear of the perpetrator), or when the fetus is severely abnormal.

Like I said, they are not done on a whim. These people would have you believe that a woman 8.5 months pregnant can just walk in and have the kid yanked out. As usual, they could not be further from the truth.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2009 - 12:39PM #82
Tmarie64

And, BHR, you are incorrect about this doctor... He turned away a rape victim who waited too long to decide what to do.  He would not abort her fetus.  
Others may do that, but he would not.

Bottom line... someone has to be in SERIOUS medical danger before late term abortions are done.  AND... No one's arms and legs are "ripped off".

James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2009 - 3:28PM #83
bluehorserunning

Aug 18, 2009 -- 12:39PM, Tmarie64 wrote:

And, BHR, you are incorrect about this doctor... He turned away a rape victim who waited too long to decide what to do.  He would not abort her fetus.  

Others may do that, but he would not.

I read that passage (along with the rest of the article that I submitted).  However, Hern did and does do abortions for girls who have been raped; he refused in that particular case because she had waited until she was pretty much full-term to decide that it was 'too much' for her to go through with.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2009 - 6:25PM #84
mountain_man

Aug 18, 2009 -- 3:28PM, bluehorserunning wrote:

I read that passage (along with the rest of the article that I submitted).  However, Hern did and does do abortions for girls who have been raped; he refused in that particular case because she had waited until she was pretty much full-term to decide that it was 'too much' for her to go through with.

Which only reinforces the point we have been making; he did not do abortions just because the woman chose to one a whim. They needed a sound medical reason.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 9 of 9  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook