Post Reply
Page 1 of 9  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next
5 years ago  ::  Aug 10, 2009 - 3:39AM #1
bluehorserunning
Posts: 1,754

www.esquire.com/features/abortion-doctor...


this is an incredible article.  I hope everyone will read it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 10, 2009 - 10:48AM #2
Tmarie64
Posts: 5,277

I read it.  It was incredible.


What strikes me is the number of people who are against abortion who go to him.  It's amazing how prolifers can say... "BAN ABORTION... Unless I need one"...


His story just drives home the hypocrisy of those self-righteous prigs.

James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 10, 2009 - 2:26PM #3
faith713
Posts: 3,892

Aug 10, 2009 -- 3:39AM, bluehorserunning wrote:


www.esquire.com/features/abortion-doctor...


this is an incredible article.  I hope everyone will read it.




Esquire magazine? Not exactly a reliable source of truth. A trashy magazine that promotes drugs and lies.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."--John14:6

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-- John 3:16

"We love Him because He first loved us."--1 John 4:9-10

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear ... "
1 John 4:18
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 10, 2009 - 3:25PM #4
Tolerant Sis
Posts: 4,201

And who, in your esteemed opinion, provides a 'reliable source of truth', Faith?  Hannity? Beck? O'Really? or that 'reliable' source of truth about drugs and lies, Rush Limbaugh?


Oh, wait, don't tell me, let me guess.  You put your whole faith in JAY-sus and his ministers.

First amendment fan since 1793.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 10, 2009 - 4:12PM #5
bluehorserunning
Posts: 1,754

Faith, did you even bother to read the article?


If so, what exactly do you think is untrue or unreliable about it?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 10, 2009 - 10:33PM #6
Tmarie64
Posts: 5,277

Aug 10, 2009 -- 2:26PM, faith713 wrote:


Aug 10, 2009 -- 3:39AM, bluehorserunning wrote:


www.esquire.com/features/abortion-doctor...


this is an incredible article.  I hope everyone will read it.




Esquire magazine? Not exactly a reliable source of truth. A trashy magazine that promotes drugs and lies.




Did you READ the article?   Obviously NOT because if you had you would know that your comment was COMPLETELY uninformed, and made you look like a silly child in a snit.  You don't know at all what the article was about.  So, here's a thought... Don't criticize what you have zero knowledge about.


It isn't an article about changing anything.  It's simply following and talking to this doctor, his family, and his employess...  VERY christian of you.. well, actually TYPICALLY pro-life of you to condemn with NO KNOWLEDGE of what you are speaking.


Or are your "christian" values such that you believe he's not human?  Or, are you afraid you won't be able to make blanket generalizations about people if you actually LEARN something?


I found it fascinating that his wife loves him with all her heart, even though she refused to have an abortion years ago when her doctors found out her child was going to have major problems all his life.  She supports him and what he does.


His FAMILY has US Marshalls guarding them because of ignorant asses who know nothing and still cast judgment, and sentence on a man simply providing a vital, life saving service.

James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 11, 2009 - 6:35PM #7
faith713
Posts: 3,892

Aug 10, 2009 -- 4:12PM, bluehorserunning wrote:


Faith, did you even bother to read the article?


If so, what exactly do you think is untrue or unreliable about it?



I stopped reading the article after the first page. I'm not wasting my time reading biased articles from trashy tabloid magazines.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."--John14:6

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-- John 3:16

"We love Him because He first loved us."--1 John 4:9-10

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear ... "
1 John 4:18
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 11, 2009 - 10:17PM #8
Tmarie64
Posts: 5,277

Figures.  So, the answer is "No, I can't comment on the topic because I'm completely ignorant of the whole article."


The interview with his mom was very nice.   I don't see how something could be biased... I didn't see any pro-anything.  But then I'm not a hate filled person who does not care that a 92 year old woman who has never harmed anyone has to have US Marshalls guarding her because the right wingnut idiots would gladly harm her if they couldn't get to her son.


That's a fine bunch you identify with...  Disgusting.

James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 12, 2009 - 8:02AM #9
faith713
Posts: 3,892

Aug 11, 2009 -- 10:17PM, Tmarie64 wrote:


Figures.  So, the answer is "No, I can't comment on the topic because I'm completely ignorant of the whole article."


The interview with his mom was very nice.   I don't see how something could be biased... I didn't see any pro-anything.  But then I'm not a hate filled person who does not care that a 92 year old woman who has never harmed anyone has to have US Marshalls guarding her because the right wingnut idiots would gladly harm her if they couldn't get to her son.


That's a fine bunch you identify with...  Disgusting.



I do not identify with their methods of violence. I do identify with their stance against the "doctors" who slaughter innocent defenseless babies in the womb....Disgusting.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."--John14:6

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-- John 3:16

"We love Him because He first loved us."--1 John 4:9-10

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear ... "
1 John 4:18
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 12, 2009 - 10:50AM #10
Marysara722
Posts: 2,550

Aug 11, 2009 -- 6:35PM, faith713 wrote:


Aug 10, 2009 -- 4:12PM, bluehorserunning wrote:


Faith, did you even bother to read the article?


If so, what exactly do you think is untrue or unreliable about it?



I stopped reading the article after the first page. I'm not wasting my time reading biased articles from trashy tabloid magazines.



"Tabloid" magazine? --Esquire?  Way off base.  Way off topic too since the point isn't about "which" magazine the article "about" the doctor was published in.  No, the point was about "the" doctor himself and "what" and "why" he "does" what he does and the "duress" he has to "endure" under the rabid factions of the PLM.

Aug 12, 2009 -- 8:02AM, faith713 wrote:


Aug 11, 2009 -- 10:17PM, Tmarie64 wrote:


Figures.  So, the answer is "No, I can't comment on the topic because I'm completely ignorant of the whole article."


The interview with his mom was very nice.   I don't see how something could be biased... I didn't see any pro-anything.  But then I'm not a hate filled person who does not care that a 92 year old woman who has never harmed anyone has to have US Marshalls guarding her because the right wingnut idiots would gladly harm her if they couldn't get to her son.


That's a fine bunch you identify with...  Disgusting.



Well TM, there is that old adage ya know.
They say that "ignorance is bliss."


Faith << I do not identify with their methods of violence. I do identify with their stance against the "doctors" who slaughter innocent defenseless babies in the womb....Disgusting.


Your emotionalism is overreaching.  Perhaps had you did take the time to read the whole article, you would have heard from a couple who had to see Dr. Hern because Dr. Tiller was "murdered" by some radical PLer who is against the freedom of choice.
You would have then known that real-life tends to throw us curve balls that we have to deal with in the best way possible.
But I'm sure you still would insist that the woman would have to give birth.


And no, ignorance is not bliss.  Ignorance can be dangerous.


 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 9  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook