Switch to Forum Live View Fundraising idea: Religious "war" to fight malaria
6 years ago  ::  Mar 14, 2009 - 9:57AM #1
lohen

I'm presenting here an idea for people of different religions to start teams to raise funds to fight malaria in a tournament called Madness Against Malaria.  Anyone, of any faith, who'd like to go out and start a team of their fellow believers would be welcome, and the idea would be to raise the positive profile of people of a similar religious position to themselves.  It doesn't take long to set up a basic team page; all funds raised go directly to buying long-lasting, insecticide-treated nets.  While not the only decent malaria intervention, this is one very well-proven method of controlling malaria, and we can certainly use more of them.

I've already started a team myself, for fellow atheists, and we've got ourselves a sneaky head start on any other teams of a little over $100 so far.  I'd like to challenge as many different religions to participate in this as possible.  The deadline for new registrations is March 28th; how much you receive in contributions before then will determine where your team is seeded, and the tournament then proceeds with a 6-round knock-out format.  So why not set up a team and join the party?  You could save lives, raise the positive profile of your religious position, and maybe have a bit of fun with it too.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook