7 years ago  ::  May 19, 2008 - 7:19PM #1
browneyez08
Ok I admit I don't really keep up with the horse racing thing, I'm not really too into it but my boyfriend and his family are so I hear some stuff about it. I used to watch it all the time when I was very young but then once my grandparents died (since I always watched it at their house) I stopped watching. But now things seem to be getting bad with the horse racing, especially when that last horse was shot after breaking both of its front legs. But the horses' legs are all so thin and weak-looking now because I guess they want to make sure the horses are as light as possible so they can run faster, but just by looking at them it's not really much of a surprise that they can break their legs just from walking and tripping over something. I think something should seriously be done about the way trainers are breeding their horses and how much stress and damage it can bring on the animal, especially after that one horse and Barbaro. Yes, many people do enjoy the sport but something should be done about how they're breeding the horses to make them stronger and less likely to be injured.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook