Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
6 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2008 - 7:39PM #1
Rosieee
I'm white......but I only think dark skin is attractive.

Even though I would LOVE to be able to unconditionally love any man (relationship wise im talking here) I just couldnt bring my self to do it if i didnt find them the least bit attractive.

Trust me ive tried haha.

Just thought I would post this to give you something to think about,.

Have a wonderful day!

:D
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2008 - 7:52PM #2
SpellingB(AKA.KRU)
[QUOTE=Rosieee;439481]I'm white......but I only think dark skin is attractive.

Even though I would LOVE to be able to unconditionally love any man (relationship wise im talking here) I just couldnt bring my self to do it if i didnt find them the least bit attractive.

Trust me ive tried haha.

Just thought I would post this to give you something to think about,.

Have a wonderful day!

:D[/QUOTE]

I feel you are speaking of an un-natural lust.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2008 - 10:17PM #3
Marcyy
And what is natural lust?????????????????
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2008 - 12:11AM #4
MichaelLogos7
[QUOTE=Rosieee;439481]I'm white......but I only think dark skin is attractive.

As you are white, does that mean you dont think of yourself as attractive? I think self-image is an important part of attraction to others.

Maybe counseling is in order. There are several hundred million males with something like your skin color. Whenever I hear any white, black, asian, latin or other person say that they just are not attracted to people of their own group, it strikes me as odd. There are 100's of millions+ in each of those groups, and to say that not even one of them can do anything for you seems more like a psychological problem than anything else. But not exactly "racist", necessarily.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2008 - 10:53PM #5
Sailorlal79
It isn't racist, it's a sexual preference. Don't worry about it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2008 - 3:11PM #6
MichaelLogos7
[QUOTE=Sailorlal79;442236]It isn't racist, it's a sexual preference. Don't worry about it.[/QUOTE]

I agree that it isnt necessarily racist, but what causes such a particular "preference"? "Only dark skin is attractive" and the person saying it has very light skin, and you think thats nothing to worry about?

An astonishing range of sexual interests, attractions, fetishes and "preferences" exist. Obviously, what Rosie is talking about is not in the same category as pedophilia or necrophilia. As long as her interest is in adults (who are alive!) there is not the same sort of moral issues. But nevertheless, just because you feel a particular attraction, doesnt mean that it is healthy, natural or normal. Any number of emotional and psychological issues can very strongly influence your "preferences".
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2008 - 3:41PM #7
Redfrog777
I am white and I find all races, creeds and colors attractive.

Except pale, blond hair and blue eyed? Now being that I am pale, blond and blue eyed do you think that is kinda weird? Do you think that I have a self esteem issue?

Or could it be that I'm blond, Mom's blond, sister is blond, niece's is blond enough blond already. I want a little spice in my life!

Of course there the odd blonds here or there that I find attractive.

What ever if you like it, you like it. As long as you ain't doing something funky (read, outside the law) you good.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2008 - 6:31PM #8
Rosieee
Haha i just posted this one day at work really bored thinking no one would reply...but thanks for all your input!

Ive just posted a picture of myself and my friend (im on the right hand side)...so you can put a face to this conversation..

Also...i dont think i need counselling as i have great self esteem and confidence.

Maybbbe im just literal creation of the quote "opposites attract"?

Haha...just a thought!

Keep smiling Beliefnet people
:D
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 22, 2008 - 12:46AM #9
Sfltracey
Why would she need counseling? I am redheaded with freckles and prefer men with dark hair and olive skin. I just like the opposite coloring. Obviously, not completely opposite but mostly of the Latin and Italian persuasion. I don't have a self-image problem. It is simply a preference I have for men.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 22, 2008 - 4:32AM #10
MichaelLogos7
[QUOTE=sfltracey;450468]Why would she need counseling? I am redheaded with freckles and prefer men with dark hair and olive skin. I just like the opposite coloring. Obviously, not completely opposite but mostly of the Latin and Italian persuasion. I don't have a self-image problem. It is simply a preference I have for men.[/QUOTE]

Well I think we all need at least some counseling at least sometimes. Its not a put down.

I don't think preferences and likes are things that just happen. As if there are no causes or reasons, they just poof into existence from nothingness or are just inborn. There are an enormous range of claimed preferences, and most of them seem harmless enough. That doesnt make any of them natural, normal or healthy either.

Lets look again her comments:

I'm white......but I only think dark skin is attractive.

Her own skin color is not attactive. But she has great self esteem she says! In other words, light skin IS attractive... just not on others!  ;) Or maybe white women are ok, its just the men who she is concerned with. Well, in that case, it isnt really skin color at all then.

I have known women and men of a number of backgrounds who have expressed preferences like this. Black men who claim to not find a single black woman anywhere in the world to be attractive to them; black women who will date only white males; white men who only like Japanese women or Filipinas, etc. 

I can only tell you that in not one single case, did there not turn out to be other issues involved. No matter how much they said it was "just" a preference and nothing more, there always turned out to be something more.

Unconditional love is based on skin color? What if she went blind, could she love a light skinned man then? And what about "the least bit attractive"?  Do you find any non Italian and non-latin men "the least bit attractive", Tracey? This sort of "preference" is amazingly extreme and narrow. "Preference" would be one thing if it means "there are women of all colors and types that I love, but I have special thing for Latin women"! But thats not the sort of preference she is expressing here.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook