Page 1 of 12  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Next
Switch to Forum Live View If abortion is wrong then isn't abstinence too?
5 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2008 - 9:07AM #1
Daldianus
Since abstinence also makes it impossible for possible human beings to come into existence?

And let's even widen this:

Let's say I meet a random woman on the street. I could, potentially, make lots of little human beings with her. The fact that I won't have sex with her means that all these potential human beings won't ever come into existence.

Isn't that cruel?
>> Feed your brain with awesome!
“After your death you will be what you were before your birth.” - Arthur Schopenhauer
"Eternity is very long, especially towards the end." - Woody Allen
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2008 - 3:45PM #2
Daldianus
Too difficult a question?
“After your death you will be what you were before your birth.” - Arthur Schopenhauer
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2008 - 5:21PM #3
Justme333
Hi Daldi

Welcome to the abortion debate board. Hope you enjoy your stay here, also hope you read the sticky threads at the top about our local guidelines and also the one titled "Please read before posting" or some such thing.

Again, welcome.

Justme333
Beliefnet Community Host
Abortion Debate Board
"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."  Will Rogers

"Give to those who ask, and don't turn away from those who want to borrow."  Matthew 5:42

"Charity is no substitute for justice withheld."         St. Augustine

"Your love for God is only as great as the love you have for the person you love least."  Dorothy Day

"If you want peace, work for justice." Pope Paul VI
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2008 - 5:39PM #4
Daldianus

justme333 wrote:

Hi Daldi

Welcome to the abortion debate board. Hope you enjoy your stay here, also hope you read the sticky threads at the top about our local guidelines and also the one titled "Please read before posting" or some such thing.

Again, welcome.

Justme333
Beliefnet Community Host
Abortion Debate Board

Hehe, ok, do you think I will overstep the rules? ;)

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2008 - 5:43PM #5
Daldianus

justme333 wrote:

Hi Daldi

Again, welcome.

Justme333
Beliefnet Community Host
Abortion Debate Board

Or are you implying that I'm on the wrong board? Where should I post than instead? Thanks.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2008 - 6:14PM #6
Justme333
[QUOTE=Daldianus;856549]Or are you implying that I'm on the wrong board? Where should I post than instead? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Gosh no,  this is the right board (only board) to discuss he abortion issue.  It is just that frequently when new people come here, they are not aware of the rules cause they do not take the time to read those sticky threads, and then make mistakes when posting. I was just trying to be helpful - and apparently failed. And you, overstepping the rules??  Heavens no.:D

Justme
"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."  Will Rogers

"Give to those who ask, and don't turn away from those who want to borrow."  Matthew 5:42

"Charity is no substitute for justice withheld."         St. Augustine

"Your love for God is only as great as the love you have for the person you love least."  Dorothy Day

"If you want peace, work for justice." Pope Paul VI
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2008 - 6:17PM #7
Daldianus

justme333 wrote:

Gosh no,  this is the right board (only board) to discuss he abortion issue.  It is just that frequently when new people come here, they are not aware of the rules cause they do not take the time to read those sticky threads, and then make mistakes when posting. I was just trying to be helpful - and apparently failed. And you, overstepping the rules??  Heavens no.:D

Justme

no, no, it was me who was slow, hehe, thanks for explaining this!

I hope there will be some posters in here too though :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2008 - 6:37PM #8
Sailorlal79

Daldianus wrote:

no, no, it was me who was slow, hehe, thanks for explaining this!

I hope there will be some posters in here too though :)

Your argument makes particular sense when people quote "before I formed you in the womb, I knew you".

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2008 - 4:20AM #9
Daldianus
[QUOTE=Sailorlal79;856690]Your argument makes particular sense when people quote "before I formed you in the womb, I knew you".[/QUOTE]

Yes, it seems so to me too.

It'd be interesting to hear a Christian view on this ...
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2008 - 4:20AM #10
Daldianus
[QUOTE=Sailorlal79;856690]Your argument makes particular sense when people quote "before I formed you in the womb, I knew you".[/QUOTE]

Yes, it seems so to me too.

It'd be interesting to hear a Christian view on this ...
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 12  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook